When to really worry about blood pressure

Moppy1

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I posted this at Ology, thought it would be fun here too:

After reading a couple different posts today I think this is timely. All the misconceptions about blood pressure here is making me nuts. Blood pressure is given in systolic (higher number) and diastolic values (lower number) as mmHg. A normal systolic value for a dude is about 120, while diastolic should be around 80. Most dudes only report or consider their systolic reading, as do some really bad doctors, but this value is basically meaningless and can change moment to moment. The diastolic reading (the lower one) is really the only important one. After walking up stairs your systolic reading can easily go over 150. Heavy weight lifting can push it over 300! A big salt load in your diet can also push the systolic level up temporarily. Any type of fear response in the Drs office will dramatically change your systolic BP value. You need to have your BP checked at least 10x in different settings (at home, at work, etc) and in different positions (sitting, laying down, standing). Even with all this, only the diastolic reading really matters, which is the passive stiffness in your vessels. I would never go on high blood pressure meds unless you were damn certain that you diastolic value was consistently elevated above 95 mmHg, measured 10x, at different times of the day, in different positions, and in different places.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I asked my doc about bp and meds, he said he won't even think meds until diastolic is over 100.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Unless i can actually feel my bl been elevated, headaches, blushing, trobbing extramities and stuff...I wont take the bp meds

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
"White coat hypertension" is what they call it when you BP rises around doctors...

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
on cycle my bp runs 128/84-135/88 max,off cycle it runs from 116/77-118/78...but i take BP meds,2 of them actually,but i tend to run Deca alot and it raises it a little,but just rips my hdl to hell........take it from an old fucker,you better keep an eye on it

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
High bp one day may not be an issue, sustained high bp is a problem. for example when i run a EC stack my bp can spike on weeks to 150/90 this for a week 2 on supps max is not good but probably wont do any damage either how ever if this number was not provoked by a supp or didnt go down when I was off cycle I would seek out help for it , prolonged high bp is bad .

A tip for most of us the regular cuff is not large enough and will throw a high reading on us . Ask the person doing the reading for the large cuff and if your Guns are of the Cannon variety ask them to use the leg cuff on your arm. The way to measure the cuff to see if it is the correct size for you arm is turn it long ways and wrap it around your arm if the cuff goes more then half way around its to big less its to small it should wrap 1/2 way around your arm vertically :)

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
High bp one day may not be an issue, sustained high bp is a problem. for example when i run a EC stack my bp can spike on weeks to 150/90 this for a week 2 on supps max is not good but probably wont do any damage either how ever if this number was not provoked by a supp or didnt go down when I was off cycle I would seek out help for it , prolonged high bp is bad .

A tip for most of us the regular cuff is not large enough and will throw a high reading on us . Ask the person doing the reading for the large cuff and if your Guns are of the Cannon variety ask them to use the leg cuff on your arm. The way to measure the cuff to see if it is the correct size for you arm is turn it long ways and wrap it around your arm if the cuff goes more then half way around its to big less its to small it should wrap 1/2 way around your arm vertically :)

good post grizzldsealpoacher!!!

Moppy1

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lot of smart bro's here. This is one of the more highly educated boards.....I agree with all you dudes, and I like the tip on the blood pressure cuff being to small for many of us.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
all good info men, Especially with Tren BP should be monitored. What supps do you believe will help keep BP low?

Moppy1

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have not really heard of anything medically proven to lower BP on the supplement side. I notice increased BP like symptoms on Tren and anadrol, but even then when I have it checked its not high enough to be treatable.

New Threads