active half lives of esters and some research chems!

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know some guys get confused when to pin to get steady blood levels, and when to start pct so here's a lil list.

Oral steroids:

Drug Active half-life

Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours

Anavar (oxandrolone) 9 hours

Dianabol (methandrostenolone, methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours

Methyltestosterone 4 days

Winstrol (stanozolol) 9 hours

Halotestin (Fluoxymesterone) 9.5 hours

Turinabol (Tbol) 16 hours

Injectable steroids:

Drug Active half-life

deca-durabolin (nandrolone decanate) 15 days

Equipoise 14 days

finaject (trenbolone acetate) 3 days

primobolan (methenolone enanthate) 10.5 days

Sustanon or omnadren 15 to 18 days

Testosterone cypionate 12 days

Testosterone enanthate 10.5 days

Testosterone propionate 4.5 days

Testosterone Suspension 1 day

Winstrol (stanozolol) 1 day

Steroid esters:

Drug Active half-life

Formate 1.5 days

Acetate 3 days

propionate 4.5 days

Phenylpropionate 4.5 days

Butyrate 6 days

Valerate 7.5 days

Hexanoate 9 days

Caproate 9 days

Isocaproate 9 days

Heptanoate 10.5 days

enanthate 10.5 days

Octanoate 12 days

cypionate 12 days

Nonanoate 13.5 days

decanoate 15 days

undecanoate 16.5 days

ancillaries:

Drug Active half-life

Arimidex 3 days

Clenbuterol 1.5 days

clomid 5 days

Cytadren 6 hours

Ephedrine 6 hours

T3 10 hours

letrozole 5 hours

Nolvadex (Tamoxifen Citrate) 14 days

Get Some

Reaction score
Sorry to do this to you again Herm, lol, but those numbers are simply not correct, although you often see them. 4.5 day half life for propionate? Also 4.5 days for phenylpropionate? 12 days for CYP!!!?? lol. We'd have to wait months to start PCT at optimal levels if it was 12 days! lol. The funny thing is that the actual half lives are closer to half of what is posted (for most, not all). Here is a link with a chart that you can see the test enanthate drop to "half" the peak level after about 5 days:

http://www.medibolics.com/freq2.htm

And just to be clear, the "half life" that we are concerned about here is the level in your system falling to "half" of what it was at it's peak concentration. It may well be that for medical purposes and TRT effectiveness it has a 10.5 day half life or whatever, but that info is completely useless for someone running a cycle like us. You need to know when it reaches the halfway point so you can get the levels back up.

So, to sum it up, Herm is not wrong, lol.... I just exalained things in a way that relates to what we do with the drugs, rather than in a TRT sense.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya but isn't that graph tested at 140mg a week? Also dropping half in half of the active life still means your not low enough for you to start recovering?

Get Some

Reaction score
Ya but isn't that graph tested at 140mg a week? Also dropping half in half of the active life still means your not low enough for you to start recovering?

Ummm, say that again? lol

it doesn't really matter what doseage as it will drop at the same rate always. So, if you start higher with a frontload, you can maintain higher levels throughout. There is so much bogus info on esters all over the internet that it's ridiculous. Just google "Testosterone Enanthate real half life" and see what kind of bunk shit people post. I saw in a list like this that listed the following:

propionate - 2.25 days
phenylpropionate - 2.25 days
acetate - 3 days

lolololol, those are all wrong.... acetate is shorter than both and PP is the longest, not much shorter than enanthate in fact. If you look at the carbon chains you can figure that out (I'm not saying you in particular Herm, I'm speaking to the community now, lol).

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
From what I understood pp was smack dab inbetween prob and e.

Lol sorry what i was saying is if a guy let's say taking 140mg which is like a trt dose and let's say he's in the 500 test range vs a guy taking 600mg a week with let's say 1500 maybe more but you know the routine. So if candidate a is stopping to go do a pct that his levels would hit a low enough number for hpta to start coming back before candidate b because of the test levels? So with that bein said is the ester already gone and its just the elevated test levels in the blood reducing?

Get Some

Reaction score
yes, now you're onto something! The blood level is what's important here. The more you have in your blood at the end, the more it makes sense to run prop for the last few weeks. If you are just running a low dose (even though that's dumb, lol) then you should be fine.

Another thing I wanted to mention as well is that fact that I see some people saying they are going to run a low dose of test with a high dose of something else so their natural test levels won't be suppressed that much... lol, yes I'm serious. I know most of you see the problem, I just wanted to make sure y'all knew about this.

Most every steroid is a derivative or cousin of testosterone and will shut down your natural test levels. Otherwise, you'd see guys running cycles without any test all the time. On the other hand, if you are thinking about running a steroid cycle, you may want to run a clomid or letro only cycle first to see how much you can raise your natural test levels first.... just a thought mates

From what I understood pp was smack dab inbetween prob and e.

Lol sorry what i was saying is if a guy let's say taking 140mg which is like a trt dose and let's say he's in the 500 test range vs a guy taking 600mg a week with let's say 1500 maybe more but you know the routine. So if candidate a is stopping to go do a pct that his levels would hit a low enough number for hpta to start coming back before candidate b because of the test levels? So with that bein said is the ester already gone and its just the elevated test levels in the blood reducing?

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yes, now you're onto something! The blood level is what's important here. The more you have in your blood at the end, the more it makes sense to run prop for the last few weeks. If you are just running a low dose (even though that's dumb, lol) then you should be fine.

Another thing I wanted to mention as well is that fact that I see some people saying they are going to run a low dose of test with a high dose of something else so their natural test levels won't be suppressed that much... lol, yes I'm serious. I know most of you see the problem, I just wanted to make sure y'all knew about this.

Most every steroid is a derivative or cousin of testosterone and will shut down your natural test levels. Otherwise, you'd see guys running cycles without any test all the time. On the other hand, if you are thinking about running a steroid cycle, you may want to run a clomid or letro only cycle first to see how much you can raise your natural test levels first.... just a thought mates
thanks bro!!! I'm learning a lot from you.

Reaction score
Always a school with this nice discussions for sure, thnx guys

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So is this accurate oraccuratr enough? Looking for a reliable list

New Threads