Thanks

Anyone good with Resume building?

I know some of you are saying WTF right now but IM NOT GIVING ANY PERSONAL INFO TO WHOM HELPS. I have a rough draft but basically from the way it looks, Even my own brother said he wouldnt hire me. Pretty bad but I need this resume to be in top notch shape to put out in the Contractor world. Alsso, only the most trusted guys can help me with this. If your new basically no harsh feelings but **** off. I dont trust you.

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

Re: Anyone good with Resume building?

why does your brother say it's so bad? Is it just the format or does your job history suck??? Need more info to try and help..
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
    why does your brother say it's so bad? Is it just the format or does your job history suck??? Need more info to try and help..
    Only job history I have is the military, so its not exactly the histroy as much as I'm not the one with words if that makes sense and maybe the format a little bit but I bought a program to help with this resume, but I'm not that sure, the program helped me all that much.

Fallen Member
    Thanks

well if the militray is your only history and it was honerable, that should look really good, all you have to do is list your job duties. List any college/trade schools, your goals, what you think your best attributes are and that should pretty much cover it. These days they want the guts not the fluff!
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
    well if the militray is your only history and it was honerable, that should look really good, all you have to do is list your job duties. List any college/trade schools, your goals, what you think your best attributes are and that should pretty much cover it. These days they want the guts not the fluff!
    Yea it was a medical/honorable after my last deployment. Thats the way it pretty much is. if you'd like i could send you a copy via email and you can critique it.

Fallen Member
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Infantry87 View Post
    Yea it was a medical/honorable after my last deployment. Thats the way it pretty much is. if you'd like i could send you a copy via email and you can critique it.
    sure, I will PM you my email address

Thanks

I can always take a look as well if you got qestions bro!

I have refined mine over the years. When I was hiring, if I saw military on there you go up alot of points!

Thanks

Originally Posted by rowdybrad View Post
    I can always take a look as well if you got qestions bro!

I have refined mine over the years. When I was hiring, if I saw military on there you go up alot of points!
    Well, when your trying to go into the contractor position, everybody is military bro. Alot of them are more special ops than just a combat mos like i was and have a shitload more trining like Special Forces and others.

Thanks

I won't even tell you what I moron I am lol, I thought you wanted to become a "contractor" lol. Like house rebuilds and shit.

Pretend I wasn't here........

Thanks

Actually, I know a couple of ex snipers that worked for blackwater or some shit. I can get their advice on a resume.

Thanks

Originally Posted by rowdybrad View Post
    Actually, I know a couple of ex snipers that worked for blackwater or some shit. I can get their advice on a resume.
    I was actually offered a job with them, but i dont start training for awhile since I fractured my wrist. They didnt even ask for a resume from me.

Fallen Member
    Thanks

you have email

Thanks

DAM IT I had this hole thing typed out and my browser crashed!!!

Here we go again

OK start with a bubble outline if you have never done one google it . and fill it in

bubble outlines start with a main topic then expand using bubbles so start with something like (work experience) then bubble out all the jobs you have had. Now you say you only have military experience which is fine I am sure you did a hole shit load of different things in the military if you were assigned to different tasks during your time use them for experiences

Another bubble should be (training) I am sure you got a hole bunch of that and then updated shit on the training you already had so bubble all that shit out

Another bubble (positive attributes) this one you may pull a few things from but its mainly to get you all fired up about you! Confidence shows in a resume almost as much as a interview , the resume is what is going to get you in the door in the first place so get all high and mighty when bubbling this one out

Other bubbles could be (education) (deployments) (job related skills/experience) anything you feel would be a help while making the resume include in your bubble outline

feeling good? Next step is go back online and find a perfect resume example. It should reflect exactly what you would be looking for if you were hiring for the position.

Now all you have to do is use the example fill in your info into the template resume with all the great shit you outlined about your life and experiences . Its not going to fit perfectly just improvise and make it come out as close to the format as you can b/c there was a reason you liked the template in the first place

Don't over think it bro spend a max 2 2.5 hours making it then pump it out to every job available in the field you want to get into every day until you get hits. Once you land some interviews PM me Or start the "Help with the Interview thread" I will walk you through nailing that I haven't missed one yet
    Enjoy Your Ride!

Thanks

Yo if you can find a exact job description for the title you are going for and match that up to your experiences that will also help you along in your resume good luck bud
    Enjoy Your Ride!

Thanks

Thanks bro.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 550 Posts

I really like grizzled advise. Here are some more key points you want to remember:

1. Experience doesn't only mean work experience--> anything thats displays your capabilities

2. Any job tasks you put down try and quantify your results with numbers. If you work on a project, how did it turn out?

3. Relate your experiences and skills to the job you are applying to--> what are they looking for in an applicant?

4. Absolutely ZERO grammatical errors

5. When in doubt with format just make it simple and easy to read

6. Don't forget any accolades, special positions held, awards, licenses, training, etc

7. A resume is only a way to get an interview. Once you get an interview you're basically on the same level playing field as everyone else--> the interview is 10x as important

Good Luck Brother!
    I <3 My Source

Thanks

If you are close to a base, you can take the ACCAP class whenever you feel like it, and they will set you up with ur resume...
    US Goverment Policy: If It Ain't Broken, Fix It Till It Is.