Friggin" Migraines!!!!

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey all,just now feeling up to posting,ive been in bed for nearly 4 days with this migraine,went to ER got 2 shots 2 different times,plus my anti-migraine meds,that didnt work.......sorry ive missed guys,these bastards just put me down hard

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow, that's bad...4 days..that would drive me insane! Glad you are back and feeling better!:)

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow, that's bad...4 days..that would drive me insane! Glad you are back and feeling better!:)
Thank you Jen,yea sometimes they are really bad,and sometimes they go away in a day,this one though has been really bad,my right eye has been blinking uncontrollably,my right side of my face feels paralyzed and ive been seeing spots,and ive had to be in complete darkness,worse one ive had in a while

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
got 1 today, just took my pain meds

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Hope u get better sooon.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank you Jen,yea sometimes they are really bad,and sometimes they go away in a day,this one though has been really bad,my right eye has been blinking uncontrollably,my right side of my face feels paralyzed and ive been seeing spots,and ive had to be in complete darkness,worse one ive had in a while

damn! you would think in this day and age they would have a cure for that shit! sorry buddy :(

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
they got stuff but the only thing that works for me is pain meds. just nuke it and try again tomorrow

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hope you feel better Bro.

Cyborg

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry big bro. Hope they get better.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
damn! you would think in this day and age they would have a cure for that shit! sorry buddy :(
yes me to lol, i used to take 3 shots of botox every 2 months,2 in my temples and 1 next to my spine in my neck,they helped prevent them,but didnt ever stop them completely,then it quit working so lol,maybe they will come up with something

they got stuff but the only thing that works for me is pain meds. just nuke it and try again tomorrow

Ken do you take opiates for yours? or the meds like zomig,Maltrax etc? i take zomig nasal spray,best one ive used be far,if i can catch it early,like when it starts done in my neck,if i havet to take 2 of them,then the Zomig wont touch them,and you cant take but 2 of them on a 24 hour period,then its off to the ER for a Morphine or Dilaudid shot

Reaction score
Now I get it not hearing from you, get well soon brother.

Omegareign

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sucks bullseye, hope you feel better bro.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hydros if i catch it early

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Bullseye..... hope your feeling better :)

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know what you are going through... my father had them all the time since he was a kid. He used to have to walk by the hospital back then... as a kid from 5yrs old... alone on way home from school to get a shot every day. Once i was about 8 I knew the drill if he got one... seal his room windows with towels or tinfoil... get a bucket so he could puke in it and another bucket with cool water and a towel to cover his face. Not sure what he takes now but i don't hear about them nearly as much. He would be in the room not moving for days on end sometimes... when he owned/ran a big company he had a full apartment basically built into his executive office so if one came on he could just let his guys know and crawl in there. Had a bed, shower, bathroom & all.

It is an unfortunate & debilitating thing when they happen... sorry you are going through that.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
man sorry to hear! i suffer and am 30% disabled vet for them! i take exedrin migraine a lot, and i know its bad, but they give me the prescription for sumatriptan at 50mlgs a pill, and when i get them, i also get the "aura" and have no vision, and it blows!

hope u get better man, they are usually casued by the vessels constricting or expanding too fast, i know i tried tryptophan-5 or somethinglike that once, and it killed me!

good luck man!

Reaction score
Are you taking imitrex for migraines? I got prescribed that a few years back. Wouldn't be able to even open my eyes or get out bed, coupled with vomiting, which just made my head pound harder. The Imitrex helped where pain meds just made me even more sick

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Are you taking imitrex for migraines? I got prescribed that a few years back. Wouldn't be able to even open my eyes or get out bed, coupled with vomiting, which just made my head pound harder. The Imitrex helped where pain meds just made me even more sick

Yeah got imitrex wich is also sumatriptan i believe, and it does work but not for everyone!

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ah. Something with which I have considerable experience.

I never graduated from uni. I had one for six months in third year.

Sumatriptan is the only thing that worked for me to stop the migraine, morphine (the few times I've been lucky enough to get it) is the only thing to end the pain. I have taken more opioids that anyone should do in their lifetime - they are available in Oz over the counter.

But: There is possibly a light at the end of the tunnel for you guys!

It was predicted, and it came to pass, that after I hit 50 they lessened in frequency and severity.

Hang in there!

New Threads