Tren and the liver and kidneys

Cyborg

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm contemplating a tren cycle in the future for a cut, but some of the things I'm reading on other boards has me a little skeptical. What effect does trenbolone really have on the liver and kidneys? Some damage is understandable, but some guys on other boards are saying they are pissing blood on cycle. Whether it's bs or not I don't know. Help a bro out SI, what are the facts?

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i've never had any problems like that and i've ran trenn quite a few times. i did however take plenty of milk thistle whilst on. I just had some blood work done a few weeks ago right after my last tren cycle and liver was fine.

basskiller

Elite
Reaction score
are these possible.. certainly.. At doses a person should be using.. doubtful, but still the same, could happen. Each person is different.. Those guys that say they were pissing blood.. Well.. do they party (drink heavily) .. how many other steroids were they on.. what were they.. All this and more can be contributing factors. And who knows.. Might be genetic. If the already have a malfuctioning liver or kidneys.. then the added stress of any of the more potent steroids can cause similar effects..

Some discount things like cranberry extract for helping the kidneys and certain other products for your liver.. I say they are beneficial..

Lastly.. While many say never do tren alone due to this or that..I say how exactly can you tell what a particular steroid does for you unless you try it alone? start at a low dose and see (poviding you do decide to go forward with tren) 50mgs ed or 100mgs eod ..
It's a learning process all of us have to go through to know what works, what works better and at what is the optimal dose for us.. Combining steroids.. How do you know which one is doing what at first?

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hey dark you can quit wasting your money on milk thistle bro...that shit is junk...It might not even be enough to protect your liver against alcohol...milk thistle and liv 52 both are not made for hardcore support. NAC would be far better then either one of those.

op...There are no medical studies done to prove that tren has any effect on the liver or kidneys. I dont see it having much effect on the liver. However, based on my experience it does have an effect on the kidneys. How pronounced the effect is I cannot say but I do know guys on dialysis from tren. These guys also abused it. Ran it to long and to high. If there are guys pissing blood then they have done something majorly wrong. Just make sure you dont run a shit ton for a long time lol

The best thing you can do while on tren is to drink a fuck ton of water so your kidneys are not working as hard to filter your blood...when your pee is light yellow you are perfect. Just be safe brotha

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
are these possible.. certainly.. At doses a person should be using.. doubtful, but still the same, could happen. Each person is different.. Those guys that say they were pissing blood.. Well.. do they party (drink heavily) .. how many other steroids were they on.. what were they.. All this and more can be contributing factors. And who knows.. Might be genetic. If the already have a malfuctioning liver or kidneys.. then the added stress of any of the more potent steroids can cause similar effects..

Some discount things like cranberry extract for helping the kidneys and certain other products for your liver.. I say they are beneficial..

Lastly.. While many say never do tren alone due to this or that..I say how exactly can you tell what a particular steroid does for you unless you try it alone? start at a low dose and see (poviding you do decide to go forward with tren) 50mgs ed or 100mgs eod ..
It's a learning process all of us have to go through to know what works, what works better and at what is the optimal dose for us.. Combining steroids.. How do you know which one is doing what at first?

NEVER RUN TREN ALONE!

If you want to do a steroid by itself then test is the answer....after you find out what test does for/to ya then add just tren and go that route...do not run a steroid alone to find out what it does because I can garantee you if you run anything but test alone you will not enjoy it

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hey dark you can quit wasting your money on milk thistle bro...that shit is junk...It might not even be enough to protect your liver against alcohol...milk thistle and liv 52 both are not made for hardcore support. NAC would be far better then either one of those.

op...There are no medical studies done to prove that tren has any effect on the liver or kidneys. I dont see it having much effect on the liver. However, based on my experience it does have an effect on the kidneys. How pronounced the effect is I cannot say but I do know guys on dialysis from tren. These guys also abused it. Ran it to long and to high. If there are guys pissing blood then they have done something majorly wrong. Just make sure you dont run a shit ton for a long time lol

The best thing you can do while on tren is to drink a fuck ton of water so your kidneys are not working as hard to filter your blood...when your pee is light yellow you are perfect. Just be safe brotha

what is NAC???

Reaction score
what is NAC???

N-acetyl Cysteine (or NAC) is a more stable form of the amino acid L-Cysteine. As a precursor to L-Cysteine, NAC and helps the body synthesize Glutathione. NAC possesses antioxidant properties that may help fight cell-damaging free radicals. Studies have shown that oxidative stress caused by free radicals may contribute to premature aging of cells.

There is also products that combine NAC with Milk thistle and work good IMO.

basskiller

Elite
Reaction score
NEVER RUN TREN ALONE!

If you want to do a steroid by itself then test is the answer....after you find out what test does for/to ya then add just tren and go that route...do not run a steroid alone to find out what it does because I can garantee you if you run anything but test alone you will not enjoy it
Why?

I've run tren on many occsassions alone
I've run orals on their own.. especially Turinabol. There was a big blow up that it was doing absolutely nothing for many guys when turinabol first the boards years back.. I asked how could they tell due to the fact they were on several other steroids .. How the is it that they weren't seing any more gains when they took and added Tbol to a cycle they ran in the past was no evidence that it wasn't working or to just blame it on the Tbol.. There could have been any number of factors that played into it..
So I ran it by itself.

Now I have done this on many other things as well.. I now know what works for me the best and in what combination. I've also found that all these latest and greatest cycle do not give me any more gains than my test-e/tren-a or test /deca cycles give me at much lower doses than most recomend on the these boards.

I guess where we differ is that I like knowing what each compound does to me, not the general public. Always have been that way.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can testify to the fact that we are all different and IMHO that is where we can find value in 'bro science'. We can all read and learn about what 'real science' says will or can happen and the characteristics of the gear we use but sometimes we are a minority or an anomaly. For example, I have learned that if I eat very low carbs, and consume those early in the day. I do NOT get night sweats on Tren. I cannot give you any scientific basis for this phenomenon. I have alse heard of several guys who run Tren, Dbol and a few others alone without the test 'base'. I do NOT, but I have seen it done by some pretty damn solid bros.

Now, Bass, the way I can tell what a specific compound is doing is only semi relevant in my case. By keeping the compound (i.e. test, mast, deca) at a higher level than the test it helps me know pretty much what the compound is doing but the reason it doesn't much matter to me is because I cruise and blast and so I am much more interested in what the synergistic effects are.

The value in bro science is that sometimes something unorthodox happens to you, or when you do something unorthodox that works for you, and with bro science you can usually find others with similar experiences who can help shed light on your specific situation.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I never had kidney problems with tren. But i had pissed blood due to severe dehidration, which is easly achieved when using tren, if you are not consumming enough water.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with Cobra....and Bass

Always run Test AND run shit by itself to find out how it is specifically affecting you. This can be achieved by running a trt dose of 100-200mg/week. This way you are only feeling the anabolic/androgenic effects of 1 compound because the your test is at a relatively normal level... as far as running a compound without any test at all--> Na Brahh, my dick aint big enough to be fuckin girls half limp Lol

Cyborg

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses gentlemen. Great info here.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you can't tell when something is working while running test then you don't know your body very well...I WILL never condone running anything without test...its not bro science either...everything shuts down natty test....everything. running something that's not test by itself is stupid...but that's my opinion...you guys can do what you want to your bodies

Ps...don't let dadawg see this shit ;)

Reaction score
Cobra: How do you feel about man powers liver aid? it has 400mg of NAC in it along with some other stuff.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bump - good discussion here.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cobra: How do you feel about man powers liver aid? it has 400mg of NAC in it along with some other stuff.

Let me take a look pob....but they are already a leg up by having nac in the mix! Honestly guys, I never use liver aid. Here is how I do it: while running orals I don't consume alcohol. While running just injectables I drink once a week. No liver damage here and no elevated enzymes while off. We need to remember that your liver is a rejuvinating organ which means it repairs itself to a point. I'm a lot more concerned about my kidneys on a cycle then anything else.

Cyborg

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take NAC on and off cycle. I feel it helps for general health. It has great antioxidative properties.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Let me take a look pob....but they are already a leg up by having nac in the mix! Honestly guys, I never use liver aid. Here is how I do it: while running orals I don't consume alcohol. While running just injectables I drink once a week. No liver damage here and no elevated enzymes while off. We need to remember that your liver is a rejuvinating organ which means it repairs itself to a point. I'm a lot more concerned about my kidneys on a cycle then anything else.

The liver is an amazing organ and the only organ we have that can rejuvenate itself. That being said, if you exceed the 'tipping' point by combining unhealthy foods, alcohol, orals and push it too far - you can do permanent damage. Moderation is the key. I have taken NAC and Milk thistle and liver care but I cannot say I have noticed anything positive from any of them. I do not drink at all- haven't in 20 years and I eat very clean - so blasting or using orals moderately has never had any negative impacts.

Yep- the liver can seriously take a pretty good pounding and recover nicely... but don't over do it!

Moppy1

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I want to chime in. First, I agree completely with Cobra that NAC is by far the best antioxidant and protection. It is the only antioxidant that is used in medical studies that has shown some beneficial effect. I take NAC myself, and nothing else as far as protection. Second, I definitely notice kidney issues when on Tren (40 mg/ED). I think it might be dehydration related cause my piss is super dark. I think water is key and lots of it. However, after 7+ tren cycles and lots of blood work, my liver values never changed, and my creatine and Urea are well within normal, meaning kidney function was not harmed. However, kidney function is not an exact science based on creatine and urea levels, cause there has to be substantial damage to see these values move. I would be careful of taking too much Ibuprofen as well when on Tren, cause that is also hard on the kidneys. Maybe no more than 40 mg/ED of Tren and do blood work.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you can't tell when something is working while running test then you don't know your body very well...I WILL never condone running anything without test...its not bro science either...everything shuts down natty test....everything. running something that's not test by itself is stupid...but that's my opinion...you guys can do what you want to your bodies

Ps...don't let dadawg see this shit ;)

lol im a big beleiver in test and thats well known but BASSKILLER is one very experienced dude so if he is kind enough to try a few experiments like tren alone [ just a example ] and share his results and knowledge then all the better for the rest of us.
HOWEVER that doesnt mean every inexperienced idiot on the internet should run around trying oddball shit , 99% of the people on these boards doe NOT have the knowledge or experience to know which compound is causing which side effect or gains , newbies should stick to tried and true methods and cycles while the buid their experience levels up IMO.

New Threads