Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Zeek
    Guest

    SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    I tell you guys you run this site yet there is asection of the board that the members do not have access to. The infamous MOD FORUMS!!!

    I came up with a little idea to show transparency to the members because guys you in fact do run this website!!

    We are going to do a weekly mod election till either you all get tired of it or whatever

    Basically we will have a thread where you will nominate 1 person to be an SI mod for a week! we won;t do it weekly probably monthly just because I want it to be interesting for you all.

    this thread is to just get an idea of the members even want this and if they do I have to check a few things with the senior admin to see about blocking the ability to SEE IP's and other personal type info on ppl.

    basically the person with the most nominations -votes wins

  2. #2
    Traptheend AndroSport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Good ol US of fukkin A
    Posts
    1,813
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 208 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    As long as its not another blood-thirsty animal like rowdy i think we will keep a peaceful SI environment

    Cool idea Zeek!

  3. #3
    Elite SuperBane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Red Light District
    Posts
    1,529
    Thanks
    632
    Thanked 550 Times in 358 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    Vote Super FTW! Tax breaks for EVERYONE!

  4. #4
    Member tiny123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    I as a noob nominate myself simply because i have too much time on my hands now that i sit an wait for another source or hope an uncle sees me shortly lmfao.......

  5. #5
    Elite ken Sass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,052
    Thanks
    1,176
    Thanked 557 Times in 331 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    zeek if i did not trust you and the other mods i would be long gone. i have no need or desire to share in your private perversions lol

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Everyone please keep something in mind.

    This one can not be a popularity contest. Mods can see mod forums and all of our IP. Please only nominate/vote for someone you trust implicitly. Not just the Guy cracking jokes around the watercooler.

  7. #7
    Palestinean Prophet Yaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wally World
    Posts
    7,208
    Thanks
    1,215
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 2,182 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    this is great zeek, nice your giving people a chance to share some responsibilities
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

    Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

    DONALD TRUMP 2016

  8. #8
    Elite SuperBane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Red Light District
    Posts
    1,529
    Thanks
    632
    Thanked 550 Times in 358 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    I stand at the water cooler all day just to say a quick snide remark!!!

  9. #9
    Zeek
    Guest

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    No 69 will change a few things on IP's and a few other things, if is not possible will scrap the program, just putting it out there to see if the guys want it

    IP's and one other major issue would have to be overcome but if the members really want it then i will go talk to the big admin and see if we can make it a reality while keeping our members info safe

  10. #10
    Elite ken Sass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,052
    Thanks
    1,176
    Thanked 557 Times in 331 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    I stand at the water cooler all day just to say a quick snide remark!!!
    i live to be a smart ass

  11. #11
    Senior Member coltmc4545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In your mouth
    Posts
    1,785
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 789 Times in 331 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    Originally Posted by 69nites View Post
    Everyone please keep something in mind.

    This one can not be a popularity contest. Mods can see mod forums and all of our IP. Please only nominate/vote for someone you trust implicitly. Not just the Guy cracking jokes around the watercooler.
    ^ this. Not knocking anyone AT ALL and I love all you sick ****ers but I have seen that people tend to nominate thier buddies for Vets or mods. I think everyone, including myself, need to not focus on who we like the best or who's funniest or who were friends with on FB to nominate for things, but who is really best suited for that title.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
    No 69 will change a few things on IP's and a few other things, if is not possible will scrap the program, just putting it out there to see if the guys want it

    IP's and one other major issue would have to be overcome but if the members really want it then i will go talk to the big admin and see if we can make it a reality while keeping our members info safe
    I'm sure you can set a usergroup to have standard permissions but the ability to view/post in the mod forum.

    I wouldn't be comfortable with a random having access to modcp tho.

  13. #13
    Elite RowdyBrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,118
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 79 Times in 64 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    Originally Posted by coltmc4545 View Post
    ^ this. Not knocking anyone AT ALL and I love all you sick ****ers but I have seen that people tend to nominate thier buddies for Vets or mods. I think everyone, including myself, need to not focus on who we like the best or who's funniest or who were friends with on FB to nominate for things, but who is really best suited for that title.
    I'll have you know I have no buddies and no one likes me. So there!

  14. #14
    Zeek
    Guest

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    like I said will be amonthly thing and the person gets to be mod for 1 week just to test drive the title and see what goes on as a mod on here. Which honestly is not much lol but want guys to see that first hand.

    If it was up to me the mod forum would be out on the open board but i think admin and the mods would revolt on that!!

    When I tell you guys the mod forum is dead I am not kidding a week will sometimes go by without a single post in there. There is not much to say in there that can;t be said out here IMO and that is the beauty of SI

  15. #15
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,363
    Thanks
    4,845
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 1,777 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
    like I said will be amonthly thing and the person gets to be mod for 1 week just to test drive the title and see what goes on as a mod on here. Which honestly is not much lol but want guys to see that first hand.

    If it was up to me the mod forum would be out on the open board but i think admin and the mods would revolt on that!!

    When I tell you guys the mod forum is dead I am not kidding a week will sometimes go by without a single post in there. There is not much to say in there that can;t be said out here IMO and that is the beauty of SI
    Sounds boring as ****ing hell. Any porn on the mod forum?

  16. #16
    Zeek
    Guest

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    lol no! I am telling you nothing gos on in there it all goes on out here on the open forums

    this thread is a prime example, if moderator doesn;t like the idea he should say so here or a member. I put the idea out in the open forum and not into a mod forum first!

    Otherwise we are just like all the other bullshit sites out there and the vision is to be something very different!

  17. #17
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,511
    Thanks
    2,146
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,795 Posts
    I don't like this at all... I'm probably going to go thru the mod forum and delete all my posts when I get home later.

    Not sure how anyone can expect my completely honest and unabridged opinion on something if we're going to just open the forum to Mr. Popular.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  18. #18
    Elite 63Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 28 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    I love you zeekster... but I don't like it.... and all kidding aside, POB makes a good point. On restricted access on a site where I am a VIP we sometimes discuss members, some of whom become VIPs and can then read who voted for them and against them and said some things that can be hard to put behind them.... even if you hide the Ip addresses it sounds like potential problems. And I'll add this, anyone who doesn't think this board is different than the others simply hasn't been on enough boards!

  19. #19
    Zeek
    Guest

    Re: SI be the mod for a week program!! members elect!!

    he has a point, I guess lets kill the idea

    there are 3 problems at this point and tht is too many to overcome

    but that was the point of this thread.

    I'll come up with something else interesting for you guys that doesn't have as many complications, just kicking some ideas with the guys

    for the record and I can only speak for myself but anything I have ever said or ever plan to say behind a closed forum, such as the mod forum, I would gladly post openly for the entire board to see. Just sayin but he makes a strong and valid point, I can;t make that decision for the others

    going to close this thread since no point to it anymore, as ideas come I will pot them out here for you all to decide on though, and that does include the mod team but the members and the mod team together making decisions around here!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-10-2017, 12:14 AM
  2. Jonnie Candito 6 Week Strength Program
    By GranDaddyDave in forum Powerlifting Training Methods
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2015, 07:26 PM
  3. sheiko 13 week beginners program:
    By j2048b in forum Sheiko
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 12:54 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 01:48 AM
  5. Elect our next moderator!!! the members pick!
    By Zeek in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •