Need dosage advice for deca and test

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So my next cycle I decided will be deca, test, anadrol and plan on putting on a good 40-50lbs. I'm debating on doing either 400 deca for 20 weeks along with 600 test or 500 deca for 16wks. I am soon to be prescribed TRT, so recovery won't be a problem. What's your guyses advice? Is 400-500 deca dosage difference that noticeable results wise? Be aware I have started training with the intent of competing and making it to nationals and eventually getting my pro card. So with this route, what should I do for this cycle? Dont have anything on hand yet so I'm open to other cycle suggestions as well. Thanks.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Normally run the test 200mg over the deca. Also run the test a min of 2 weeks longer than deca may even run test 4 weeks longer. Depends On your xp with deca I'd say. Don't want to end up with a limp noodle.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
.... and plan on putting on a good 40-50lbs.

Brother, if you put on 40-50 lbs in 16-20 weeks it is going to be mostly water. I would eat clean and watch the water retention.

But to answer your question I would suggest running 600mg of test and 400mg of deca... remember the deca is a long ester and may take a little while to kick in. I would try to match the ester (npp is the short ester and deca the long ester) with the test for convenience.

I hope you have a great run brother - and welcome to the world of cruising and blasting!

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
400 deca did nothing for me but lube up my joints. I'm going to experiment on my next cycle by running prop/npp like I ran prop/tren. I'm gonna run 50mg Ed prop and 100mg Ed npp. I've ALWAYS heard run test higher due to limp dick, but I've also seen guys run deca at 1200mg and test at 500 with caber and stane Ed and have absolutely no issues. Actually know a guy running this now and never had a problem. Im gonna try it due to bad bacne on high test and low doses of deca do nothing for me. Plus with the short eaters if I do have problems, I won't have to wait 3-4 weeks for my pp to work. Just a thought. Hell I had zero issues runnin tren like this. A 19 nors a 19 nor. I was a raging hard on 24/7. It's not deca that causes ED either its prolactin from deca. If you keep your estro in check it will keep prolactin down.

Try the 600 test 500 deca. My deca cycle, I ran 100mg below test with no issues. Just take an AI and keep your estro in check and have some caber on hand. You'll be good.

Hard2Gain

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Colt I also ran deca at 400mg and saw very little from it. I tend to get way better results from short esters so I would like to give npp a shot.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Colt I also ran deca at 400mg and saw very little from it. I tend to get way better results from short esters so I would like to give npp a shot.

Yeah it was a waste IMO. I ran it for 16 weeks too. I'm definitely gonna keep a log on the npp cycle. Just wanna see if I can prove the broscience that's been around for years regarding deca to sleep. I like going against the grain ;) plus I don't mind being a guinea pig.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Well why fuck around with small doses if your going Pro?

1000mg Test Week
750mg Deca Week

But you will not put on 40 to 60 pounds on 1 cycle, more like a year or 2 if your a beginner longer if not!

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well why fuck around with small doses if your going Pro?

1000mg Test Week
750mg Deca Week

But you will not put on 40 to 60 pounds on 1 cycle, more like a year or 2 if your a beginner longer if not!

This is true ^^ if you plan on going pro you better get a ton of rips and learn how to shoot slin too

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

My sweetspot for prop/Npp is 500/450
my sweetspot for TestC/deca is 700/500

Everyone is different but what I can tell you with certainty is that the long esters contain less steroid and more ester. The ester is figured in to the concentration so anytime I am running a long ester I fully expect to run it at a higher dose.

That being said - I would still choose to run the 20 weeker he asked about over the 16 just because deca takes so long to give results (for me). I would also (if I were HIM) run dbol the first 4 weeks and Var the last four weeks if he is going to go with the deca over the Npp.

For those who have not run Npp, it seems to bloat me a lot less than the deca although I eat very clean and watch my sodium intake as well. I guess it's similar to comparing Tprop with Tc/Te. It does fill me out but deca does that a little better probably because of the additional water.

Either way, I do like to run deca and I am running it as of last night with test and Mast. I am actually running a 50/50 blend of Npp and deca.... something new I am trying to help "get it started" a little quicker. So far so good.... and the Mast - holy shit - I did legs yesterday morning. Came home and mowed the grass and had so much energy I went back to the gym and did back. I have NEVER done back and legs in one day. I feel like I was hit by a truck today lol.... going to do triceps today... and the boners from Mast are stunning o:)

To the OP: brother, a realistic bulk would be 4-6 lean hard pounds after the water and fat gets burned back off. If you can do better than that in 20 weeks- you're a freak and need to work your ass off and compete. I gain ten on a bulk and lose about six or seven of that back bro. I might net three pounds. Now, if you start adding GH/slin that's a whole different ballgame.

Respect!
Vette

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My sweetspot for prop/Npp is 500/450
my sweetspot for TestC/deca is 700/500

Everyone is different but what I can tell you with certainty is that the long esters contain less steroid and more ester. The ester is figured in to the concentration so anytime I am running a long ester I fully expect to run it at a higher dose.

That being said - I would still choose to run the 20 weeker he asked about over the 16 just because deca takes so long to give results (for me). I would also (if I were HIM) run dbol the first 4 weeks and Var the last four weeks if he is going to go with the deca over the Npp.

For those who have not run Npp, it seems to bloat me a lot less than the deca although I eat very clean and watch my sodium intake as well. I guess it's similar to comparing Tprop with Tc/Te. It does fill me out but deca does that a little better probably because of the additional water.

Either way, I do like to run deca and I am running it as of last night with test and Mast. I am actually running a 50/50 blend of Npp and deca.... something new I am trying to help "get it started" a little quicker. So far so good.... and the Mast - holy shit - I did legs yesterday morning. Came home and mowed the grass and had so much energy I went back to the gym and did back. I have NEVER done back and legs in one day. I feel like I was hit by a truck today lol.... going to do triceps today... and the boners from Mast are stunning o:)

To the OP: brother, a realistic bulk would be 4-6 lean hard pounds after the water and fat gets burned back off. If you can do better than that in 20 weeks- you're a freak and need to work your ass off and compete. I gain ten on a bulk and lose about six or seven of that back bro. I might net three pounds. Now, if you start adding GH/slin that's a whole different ballgame.

Respect!
Vette

Thanks for all the responses guys. I must make you aware this'll be my 2nd cycle. Since you mention those dosages of test/deca, what about 500 deca and 750 test both for 16 wks? 4-6lbs doesn't seem like a ton. This 1st cycle of 500 test I put on a good 15lbs with maybe 3-4lbs of fat the most I'd say. So 30-40lbs isnt plausible? I'd say I have above average genetics, just shitty natural hormones which is what has held me back in the past. And 1st cycle I had a hectic schedule so I wasn't eating over 500 surplus. Some days if work was busy, less then maintenance.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. I must make you aware this'll be my 2nd cycle. Since you mention those dosages of test/deca, what about 500 deca and 750 test both for 16 wks? 4-6lbs doesn't seem like a ton. This 1st cycle of 500 test I put on a good 15lbs with maybe 5lbs of fat the most I'd say. So 30-40lbs isnt plausible? I'd say I have above average genetics, just shitty natural hormones which is what has held me back in the past.

You might be surprised at what a difference gaining 4 or 5 lbs of pure muscle makes bro. You will probably also lean out a little from the test too if you run it out to 20 weeks. I don't know what you are good with as far as test doses but if you can handle the bacne, go for it. 750 test and 500-550 deca. What you MIGHT like if you are just going to run deca is running dbol the first 4 weeks with it and Var the last four. The dbol will kick things off a little quicker and the var will help with the water accumulation.

Just remember this: You can always adjust your doses during your cycle bro so you are going to pick a starting point and adjust if needed to the sweetspot.

Also, remember to consider everyone's opinion not just one person here or there... what works for me might not work at all for you! You will find a lot of agreement on some things and those are usually going to be true for you- not always- but usually. You will also find disagreement (no one is lying to you its just different for us) and my experience has been that those are the areas that you might consider tweaking.

Best of luck and GROW bro!

Vette

Hard2Gain

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Look at it this way, go to the store and buy 5lbs of lean steak and imagine putting that on your body in 16 weeks. Just because you gain 15 lbs in a cycle doesn't mean thats how much muscle you put on.

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So guys, anyone whose ran high dosages did you notice a difference between 750-1g of test? I also think I'll leave the deca at 500. Assuming I eat BIG, what's the most size I could put on without an attrocious amount of fat? Certainly the upper dose should help increase anabolic state. I'm currently at 175. Got to 210 before, but had low test and looked sloppy as fuck. Remember I'll be adding the drol for 1st 4-5 weeks. Still open to suggestions.

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im no where near as experienced as most of the people here, but considering your current weight, i would recommend you try 600mg per week. Ology has a very good thread on the difference in lean body mass gain between 300 and 600mg per week.

You can always run another cycle later - but going to high doses right away may be unnecessary - and you should at least let your body have an opportunity to tell you how much steroids you actually need. Running more than your body can use is unnecessary and increases your chances of possible side effects. I would suggest starting with 600 of Test and 400 of Deca, and then adjusting from there. BTW, i've never run deca myself so my recommendation on the deca is not from personal experience - something i hope to remedy next year :)

Just my 2c worth. You might want to have a lot of ancillaries available as well as Estrogen may be a problem at those high doses.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
175lbs and how tall? How much you are already filled out has a lot to do with it. 500 Deca for 18weeks and 700 Test for 20 weeks, along with drol-> I would shoot for 25lbs after pct. But it's all diet bro. You gotta be on point. Hurt ran his first cycle with a nutritionist and cycled just test w/a dbol kickstart for i think 14weeks and kept almost 25lbs after pct...20 of which was prolly muscle...

It can be done but you have to be on point with everything and getting a nutritionist would be a big help. But Test/deca/drol at those doses should pack on the mass...

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
175lbs and how tall? How much you are already filled out has a lot to do with it. 500 Deca for 18weeks and 700 Test for 20 weeks, along with drol-> I would shoot for 25lbs after pct. But it's all diet bro. You gotta be on point. Hurt ran his first cycle with a nutritionist and cycled just test w/a dbol kickstart for i think 14weeks and kept almost 25lbs after pct...20 of which was prolly muscle...

It can be done but you have to be on point with everything and getting a nutritionist would be a big help. But Test/deca/drol at those doses should pack on the mass...

Around 5"6-5"7 or so in height. Diet isn't a problem at all. I will be on TRT after cycle so recovery won't be any issue. I was thinking maybe a realistic 30-40lbs at those dosages. Is that too high expectation? Btw, appreciate all the help and input!

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Around 5"6-5"7 or so in height. Diet isn't a problem at all. I will be on TRT after cycle so recovery won't be any issue. I was thinking maybe a realistic 30-40lbs at those dosages. Is that too high expectation? Btw, appreciate all the help and input!

No it's not unrealistic!! You can only limit yourself. It's all in the hard work, not the gear. It also depends on how much fat you are willing to put on. If you eat clean and eat a SHIT TON than you will more than likely max out your gains with this cycle, but if you back off the calories the moment you start putting fat on your muscle gains will suffer... Eat like a fuking machine and cutt the fat off after you have maintained your newly added muscle for a month or 2 while on trt

New Threads