Dont forget to give blood

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thought i'd let you guys know i went and gave blood yesterday. This is something that is recommend you do every 3 months. It helps to keep your RBC from creeping into the danger zone.

Give Blood and keep yourself healthy!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Just did a couple weeks back and then did a full panel!

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I been donating double blood red cells every 3 months for like 3 years cause of my TRT but this past two weekends they rejected me cause of low iron, on the first place my hemoglobin used to get a little high (19-20), that's why my Doctor told me to start donating blood, but this has me worried, i need to talk to my Doctor about this.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Donated the day before yesterday. Hemoglobin was up to 18 and BP was getting a little high for me...now I feel great! They were kissing my ass too because I'm O- haha.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I donate every 2 months. My BP can get up there on just my trt dose.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I donate at least once a month while on cycle, every 2 months while off.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I donate at least once a month while on cycle, every 2 months while off.

How do you donate once a month? Do you go to different blood centers? Where I donate they make me wait a certain amount of time before I'm allowed to donate again...

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea, they make me wait 60 days. That is thru the Red Cross.

juuced

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
O- here as well. They love me 2

when my 60 day wait is over they start calling me asking me to come in.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol, same here. It's pretty cool. They send a news letter telling where all the donation sites are for the month.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
o- here too. need to give, went there but it was day 59 so i have to go back.

Get Some

Reaction score
if you guys are on TRT dose (most of you anyway) donating just once or twice a year woudl suffice. It's when you start using things like dbol and EQ. EQ is notorious for raising RBC count to dangerously high levels.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, with 100mg every week that is fine. Some of us have a script for 300mgs a week lol. Mine goes up decently, plus I get to save 3 lives for each donation. I am kind of a hero.....

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones... My hemoglobin level always creeps up there in the danger zone if I don't donate. I should do a few double red donation to bring it down and then Just maintain but even when I called red cross to try to schedule one, the only drive doing it was on the far west side of Chicago and I aints gonna b gone down ther anytime soon! Ya her me!!

I do have have a bad habit of waiting to long to go, 59 days goes by fast and I hate that fucking harpoon needle! So really never look forward to going, but I do feel great afterwards. Plus helping to increase the superhuman population is a plus. Lol!

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones... My hemoglobin level always creeps up there in the danger zone if I don't donate. I should do a few double red donation to bring it down and then Just maintain but even when I called red cross to try to schedule one, the only drive doing it was on the far west side of Chicago and I aints gonna b gone down ther anytime soon! Ya her me!!

I do have have a bad habit of waiting to long to go, 59 days goes by fast and I hate that fucking harpoon needle! So really never look forward to going, but I do feel great afterwards. Plus helping to increase the superhuman population is a plus. Lol!

Lots of nice ass over there. Too bad no one knows how to drive.

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lots of nice ass over there. Too bad no one knows how to drive.

LOL! NOT ON THE WEST SIDE! You must be thinking downtown, I'm talking about the hood...
Every morning I turn on the news and they always report someone got shot and killed by gang crossfire..
No thanks, I know to stay my white ass out of there!

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL! NOT ON THE WEST SIDE! You must be thinking downtown, I'm talking about the hood...
Every morning I turn on the news and they always report someone got shot and killed by gang crossfire..
No thanks, I know to stay my white ass out of there!
Lol. The thing unique about Chicago is that all of our worst neighborhoods are within a couple miles of the nicest ones.

I'm a southside Guy myself.

Reaction score
At first i was scared about donating blood.but when my nearest one became sick and i gave him blood,from then,i am feeling happy by donating blood.and from then i am giving blood after every 3 months.

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
I give blood every 3 months. Next time will be later this month after my vacation. They always need donors.

curls

Reaction score
About how much do your hematocrit levels drop after donating blood?

New Threads