A few Dbol questions...

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What's the reasoning behind limiting Dbol to only a kicker for the first 4-6 weeks? Would there be anything wrong with running it for the entire cycle?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dbol thru the whole cycle would beat the crap out of your liver. Best to keep it 4-6 weeks only.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Interesting. What about doing the first 4-6 with a conventional muscle building dosage such as 40-50mg, then dropping it down to say 25 mg for the rest of the cycle? Or would 25 mg just be a waste of time whilst still putting stress on the liver?
I'm not so much interested in doing this, it's just a thought that I came across after doing some research.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Interesting. What about doing the first 4-6 with a conventional muscle building dosage such as 40-50mg, then dropping it down to say 25 mg for the rest of the cycle? Or would 25 mg just be a waste of time whilst still putting stress on the liver?
I'm not so much interested in doing this, it's just a thought that I came across after doing some research.

25mg of dbol (if it's good dbol) will still do a number. My tab guy sells 20mg tabs and I take 1 per day. Beyond that the back pumps are crippling.

Anyway, the real reason is because the true muscle building engine in a cycle is the testosterone. Not dbol.

I know of a couple guys that will "trt" so to speak with 5 or 10mg of dbol between cycles. Seems weird to me but it's legit.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
25mg of dbol (if it's good dbol) will still do a number. My tab guy sells 20mg tabs and I take 1 per day. Beyond that the back pumps are crippling.

Anyway, the real reason is because the true muscle building engine in a cycle is the testosterone. Not dbol.

I know of a couple guys that will "trt" so to speak with 5 or 10mg of dbol between cycles. Seems weird to me but it's legit.

So putting all liver stresses and blood pressure issues aside, if someone were to run Dbol throughout the cycle it wouldn't make that much of a difference?

CLSMTH700

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah i heard of dudes running 10mg a day to bridge cycles

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that Dbol is used mostly for a "kickstart." You know, something you can feel and get results off of after a few days while you are waiting on your long ester (like Test C or E) to kick in. Why you would want to continue a water weight kickstart after the king of mass builders gets a hold of your ass beats me.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Personally I see nothing wrong with running dbol at 50mg even 8 weeks. People get a little too crazy about liver shit with orals IMO. Will your liver values be messed up while on it? Yes. Will they go back to normal when off it? Yes. Last dbol I had was real legit dbol and I couldn't stand to take even 25mg a day. That's after running 50-75mg of pink in yellow thai's with no problem. Just had me feeling crazy so I dropped it. Anyways, point being, I've seen guys run 100mg of drol and 50 mg of legit dbol for 10 weeks and liver values went back to normal. Would I do it? Probably not just because I get crippling back pumps on leg and DL days. Would I recommend it to a new person? No. But That's for other reasons that have nothing to do with your liver. People get just as crazy with liver problems from orals just like they do with gyno.

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Very interesting thread, as I want to run Dbol on my first cycle (although Bundy log .nohomo. is tempting me with var)

Glad to see this thread up not much talk of Dbol around the campfire.

Anyone willing to add their experiences as well? Not to hi.Jack the thread or anything.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I ran dbol to kickstart my first cycle. I extended to 6 weeks at 45mg/day and liver values got a little out of whack, but post cycle bloods looked great. I loved dbol...except for the terrible back pumps...

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What are back pumps like? Like hard cramps? I get those in my calves on occasion ... in bed ... What brand was the dbol hurt?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The other thing with Dbol is it's high conversion to estro. which would mean more AI. I'm sensitive to estro & gyno so I'd only do 4-6 weeks max cause I dont wwant to run a ton of AI or get tits( those hurt).

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What are back pumps like? Like hard cramps? I get those in my calves on occasion ... in bed ... What brand was the dbol hurt?

Back pumps for me are just extreme tightness in my lower back...like when a muscle is pumped...but it's a pain in the ass when it's your lower back and you're trying to squat or do deads.

I used Gen-Shi dbol.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Back pumps for me are just extreme tightness in my lower back...like when a muscle is pumped...but it's a pain in the ass when it's your lower back and you're trying to squat or do deads.

I used Gen-Shi dbol.

Bring a foam roller into the gym. Roll out your glutes, particularly the upper portion of it. Stretching the glutes after rolling helps as well.

It's my opinion that back pumps are actually gluteal pumps that put pressure onto a nerve such as the sciatic.

I've had success getting thru three hour sessions of squats by doing this.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Put you hand on your lower back to the sides of the spine. The two thick muscles here are what get a "pump." to describe it... Imagine they shortened by a few inches so now you're stuck walking around bent over backwards and those muscles feel like concrete.

So you decide to stretch them out for relief. WRONG!!! You've just opened up the fascia and put more blood in there!

Then drive home after... Agony trying to sit. It's hell.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have used dbol many times in the past with success and none of the horrible sides that people discuss. Ive gotten pumps but primarily the right kind of pump and not so much the back pump thank god.

Dbol just agrees with me and always has... have run many brands but mostly the thai yellow or pink as colt mentioned (have had blue dbol also if i remember correctly)

it has always been amazing when I ran it. some seemed to be dosed better than others so results and amount that I ran varied but always felt like a king while on them!

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lots of good points. Right now I'm halfway into my third week of taking 50 mg of Dbol. To be honest I don't feel or see any differences in my body. At this rate I wouldnt be the least bit worried to take it throughout my whole cycle, although I won't. I just don't want to do something or not do something just because its the norm.

Get Some

Reaction score
Let me put it to you guys this way....

When you look at the half lives of AAS, it can be said that most people view a shorter "kick-in" time as a drug that is more effective. I will tell you hands down that nothing beats dbol for muscle mass in the beginning of a cycle. It kicks in quick and the gains you get come with less side effects than drol. BUT, the shorter the half life, generally the shorter the effective life of the product. That is why you rarely see guys run cycles with only short esters longer than 12 weeks. The body gets used to them quicker because the influx of androgens is superior to longer esters.

So, the same is true for orals. What most people don't even think about is that dbol is a testosterone derivative. It's basically a superior form of mehtyltestosterone. The main advantage to using dbol is to get gains in the first 4-5 weeks while waiting for the gains that you generally see from testosterone later in the cycle. After the test "kicks in" the use of dbol is negligible. For one, you couldn't even tell if the gains you are getting are coming from dbol or test because it feels the same. The only thing you would continue to notice is the side effects. So why even bother putting unneccessary stress on your liver when you don't have to.

Anavar is different, it is a Class II steroid and stacks well with testosterone. It was designed this way on purpose. So while dbol will contribute to the same effect as test, anavar will enhance the effects of testosterone and is also a bit less harsh on the liver. This is another reason why you hardly ever see people use var as a kickstart for long esters. It is best utilized in a cutting cycle with short esters or at the end of a bulking cycle to increase the effect of test and to cut up some gains.

Get Some

Reaction score
Lots of good points. Right now I'm halfway into my third week of taking 50 mg of Dbol. To be honest I don't feel or see any differences in my body. At this rate I wouldnt be the least bit worried to take it throughout my whole cycle, although I won't. I just don't want to do something or not do something just because its the norm.

If you've been taking 50mg dbol for 3 weeks and you don't "feel" anything then you're doing it wrong, lol

Every single time I use dbol I put on minimum 15 lbs after 3 weeks.... BUT I have crazy insane pumps starting after a few days in week 1. Are you saying you do not have intense pumps while in the gym? 50mg is actually a high dose for dbol that people confuse with being a standard or normal dose. With 25mg pure, unadulterated dbol you can make insane gains. I know because I've done it! Why do you think 5mg and 10mg dbol tabs exist? It's because they are a "supplement" to your regular routine and eating schedule. You can gain using just 10mg preworkout.

What I'm getting at is.... if you are intaking calories well above and beyond what coudl be considered your maintenance level and you are not gaining weight or having crazy pumps in the gym, then your shit is fake... PLAIN AND SIMPLE! I don't know what brand it is so I have no idea what the quality is. But from what you are describing I would doubt the quality of it. Even if it was just "underdosed" you should "feel" something by now.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you've been taking 50mg dbol for 3 weeks and you don't "feel" anything then you're doing it wrong, lol

Every single time I use dbol I put on minimum 15 lbs after 3 weeks.... BUT I have crazy insane pumps starting after a few days in week 1. Are you saying you do not have intense pumps while in the gym? 50mg is actually a high dose for dbol that people confuse with being a standard or normal dose. With 25mg pure, unadulterated dbol you can make insane gains. I know because I've done it! Why do you think 5mg and 10mg dbol tabs exist? It's because they are a "supplement" to your regular routine and eating schedule. You can gain using just 10mg preworkout.

What I'm getting at is.... if you are intaking calories well above and beyond what coudl be considered your maintenance level and you are not gaining weight or having crazy pumps in the gym, then your shit is fake... PLAIN AND SIMPLE! I don't know what brand it is so I have no idea what the quality is. But from what you are describing I would doubt the quality of it. Even if it was just "underdosed" you should "feel" something by now.
That's kind of what I was thinking, but I wanted to exhaust all options before throwing the "fake" card. My diet is solid as well as my routine. Although I would think that I could eat cheese and crackers all day and still gain weight with 50mg of Dbol. I have no back pumps, no.strength increase, no acne, no bloating....nothing. I've maybe gained a pound or two but I'm sure its the extra water I've been drinking.

New Threads