Brain MRI

Reaction score
My testosterone score was so low ( 32 serum)that I had to take a brain mri (no contrast scan)for a pituitary adenoma(growth). Took 30 minutes and ran me 390 us dollars. Whew! I will also be doing labs shortly for prolactin. Of those that have done this procedure - is this the normal cost for mri's of this nature? Chop a leg off! And what is this prolactin test? I know I could google it but those that have been through this could perhaps share a more thorough explanation. thanks.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I never had to take an MRI, but with a score that low I'm glad that you are. I'm surprised your insurance isn't covering some of the cost. I can tell you that that is not a horrible cost for an MRI if you are paying cash. Are you going through a clinic?

Reaction score
paying cash- no insurance. Just looked up a locator service online for low cost mri's. My doctor said it would be about 400-500 dollars so I just went for it.

Reaction score
I`ve done one for same reason a year ago, but Army paid for it. Sucks not have an insurrance to cover this up man

CLSMTH700

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow, 32 pretty low. that 400 does sound relatively decent considering how f-up health care sucks, everybody should have it in this country regardless of politics.

let us know what the outcome of all your testing is. gl

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes, hope everything turns out good bro. You did get a good price on the MRI though. They can run over $1k.

Reaction score
I agree with Dfeaton, MRI's usually range from 300-1k+ depends on your area and what types of clinics you have available at your disposal. I have 0 insurance too so i kind of know this pain. Keep us updated brotha. We're only here to help!

Reaction score
Not a bad price. My daughter's ankle/foot MRI was $179 WITH insurance.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty good deal...
Yupp everyone should have health care in this country. If we could just cut out welfare to all them lazy fucks, we could very well afford it.

Reaction score
update: Everything's normal with my brain. I just have to do a prolactin test now to get on my TRT program. No brain tumors - yay!

New Threads