Thanks

UFC 151 Jones vs. Henderson cancelled

I was so pissed when I heard Dana was cancelling the entire event. What a slap in the face to the fans and the fighters who have endured a grueling training cam to get ready for their fights in 8 days. Dana should have made it a free event, but no, he and the Fertitas are greedy bastards. Part of me thinks that Jones should be punished for not taking the fight against Sonnen, but then part of me thinks he has every right to turn it down. As a fan I want to see the damn fight, but as a fighter I can see his reasoning for not taking it too. It's not his fault that the event was cancelled, it was poor fights put together by Joe Silva. The cards are so watered down anymore that there aren't any fights to take place of the main event in cases such as this. Jones, Dana, the Fertitas, Silva, and Rogan all have enough money, it's the fans and the up and coming fighters who are getting the shitty end of the stick here. Anyhow, I had to rant about this as I'm pissed as hell!

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Live2Train View Post
    I was so pissed when I heard Dana was cancelling the entire event. What a slap in the face to the fans and the fighters who have endured a grueling training cam to get ready for their fights in 8 days. Dana should have made it a free event, but no, he and the Fertitas are greedy bastards. Part of me thinks that Jones should be punished for not taking the fight against Sonnen, but then part of me thinks he has every right to turn it down. As a fan I want to see the damn fight, but as a fighter I can see his reasoning for not taking it too. It's not his fault that the event was cancelled, it was poor fights put together by Joe Silva. The cards are so watered down anymore that there aren't any fights to take place of the main event in cases such as this. Jones, Dana, the Fertitas, Silva, and Rogan all have enough money, it's the fans and the up and coming fighters who are getting the shitty end of the stick here. Anyhow, I had to rant about this as I'm pissed as hell!
    Why would Jones turn it down? Scared of sonnen with an 8 day fight prep?

Dana will remember this when contract negotiations come around and when Jones falls off the top.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,112 Times in 4,363 Posts

Re: UFC 151 Jones vs. Henderson cancelled

I like Dan but he would have got rock

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 550 Posts

I'm not a fan of JJ but he would've smashed hendo or chael... he was prolly getting told to not take the fight on short notice by Greg Jackson...they have an amazing camp but they act like scared little bitches
    I <3 My Source

Thanks

Originally Posted by mlupi319 View Post
    I'm not a fan of JJ but he would've smashed hendo or chael... he was prolly getting told to not take the fight on short notice by Greg Jackson...they have an amazing camp but they act like scared little bitches
    Yeah, I agree, I think Jackson is the one who turned the fight down and I'm sure Jones will listen to whatever he has to say. They get their fighters to run around the cage and squeak out wins and it's BS. I'm a fan of MMA and I know you have to fight smart, but it's not a hugging and rubbing sport. Get in there and take an arm or head home with you damn it. LOL! I really like Hendo and I know his chances were better than most. If and I say "IF" he catches you slippin, he will put anyone to sleep. Chael on the other hand can't finish fights for shit. He's an awesome wrestler and major grinder, but I don't think he would be a match for a bigger, stronger, and more well rounded Jones. I guess we will have to wait until Sept. 22 to see Jones fight Machida. I was shocked that Machida beat Ryan Bader, so who knows what the outcome of this rematch will be. I'm pretty sure Jones will take it home, but you never know in MMA.

Thanks

Well it does stink since it would have been great to see Jones take out Hendo. It isn't anyone persons fault it was cancelled. Koshchek got hurt so the co-main event was Ellenberger v Heiron which isn't anywhere near being a co-main event so that couldn't overtake to main event. Also Machida was asked to step in for Hendo and he said no which Jones would have been fine with fighting. Sonnen said yes and Jones said no which I think was good on his part since he hadn't focused on a fighter like Sonnen. Overall it stinks but better to have 151 cancelled than have crap fights take place for $50-$60 for ppv. If UFC was smart they would try to get the top 15 in each weight class out into the eyes of the public more than how they use 1 or 2 guys. This would make times like 151 not happen as much because people would be more familiar with so many fighters. UFC should do a weekly show on ESPN or FOX that has history of fighters and with 7 weight classes and doing 15 fighters in each would be over 100 fighters to learn about and get to know.

Thanks

Jones has a lot of negotiation power no because he got signed by Nike. He had every right to turn down the fight after Henderson got injured. I'm pretty pissed the whole card got scrapped though.
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

Thanks

I think that was the right move. Better have the shit cancelled then having shitty fights.
    US Goverment Policy: If It Ain't Broken, Fix It Till It Is.

Thanks

Ya well looks like Machida turned down the fight with Jones on short notice and so did Shogun... Vitor Belfort is stepping up to L-Heavy to fight Jones... This shit's WILD
    I <3 My Source

Thanks
    Thanked 4,510 Times in 2,187 Posts

I am pissed..wanted to see hendo beat that ass..oh well hopefully its good
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks

Yeah guys, I really don't blame Jones at all for not fighting Sonnen. Not much to gain from that fight except a paycheck and he doesn't need the money that bad. I didn't know Machida turned down the fight on short notice, but then again why wouldn't he when he can now get a good camp in. It is all the UFC's fault. They have the ability to put a show together. I'm sure there are some damn good fights that could take place. Most of the guys are looking for a payday and would step in right now if they could. I agree it was good to cancel the PPV event, but they should put the rest of the card on for free. Then again, I'm sure it's not that easy to get FOX to cancel other shit with short notice for the UFC either though. I guess we will just wait until Sept. 22nd then and see what goes down.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Live2Train View Post
    Yeah guys, I really don't blame Jones at all for not fighting Sonnen. Not much to gain from that fight except a paycheck and he doesn't need the money that bad. I didn't know Machida turned down the fight on short notice, but then again why wouldn't he when he can now get a good camp in. It is all the UFC's fault. They have the ability to put a show together. I'm sure there are some damn good fights that could take place. Most of the guys are looking for a payday and would step in right now if they could. I agree it was good to cancel the PPV event, but they should put the rest of the card on for free. Then again, I'm sure it's not that easy to get FOX to cancel other shit with short notice for the UFC either though. I guess we will just wait until Sept. 22nd then and see what goes down.
    Nothing to gain for Jones?

Turning down Sonnen is the biggest mistake of his career. Watch how fast Jones falls off the map after he loses the title. And then watch his chances of getting another shot.

If you're too scared to fight anyone with an 8 day camp when you had a full one you're a pussy.

I was a Jon Jones fan too. But I can't stand a champion that turns down fights.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,792 Posts

Ah well. I was looking forward to the fight.

Thanks

I agree, true warriors don't turn down fights.. battling through adversity makes you a champion. I've never been a JJ fan and I never will be. He is an amazing talent, one of the best the sport will ever see but his actions are childish n arrogant..
    I <3 My Source