need a bit of help with re beginning routine, and accountability! long but need some insight

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
need a bit of help with re beginning routine, and accountability! long but need some insight

guys and gals,

i have to be honest with u as i have not been going to the gym steadily for about 1 year! there i said it and feel better because i always offer advice, and love helping people but when it comes to me I am always paralysis by analysis, and end up fucking myself, and just getting more and more injuries, and it blows goats!

so with that truth, i do need some advice, of which YES i will take due to my recent health survey, and having to lower cholesterol, and possibly other items!

so here is what my story consists of to hopefully determine where i should re-begin, and hopefully where i plan to end up after this next 6 months!

I am willing to start a log so i can be accountable, and people can say fuck you looser, if i do end up fucking my regimen up! and believe me i might need a few to say that to me, but just not in this thread haha!

so i have a few injuries,

1. shoulder shot (im only 35) over head presses are iffy, but can be done, due to my shoulder rounding, and surgery to shave bone a few years ago,
2. squats are iffy as well due to me having a giant vagina! haha
3. 1-2" square mid lower back, completely numb! baffles the va docs and everyone i encounter, although there is pain in my spine there from time to time, nerves maybe? doesnt hender my lifts,
4. past hernias, 2, and had surgery but fuck still hurt from time to time, even when stretching

so with that being said and time off from being a fucking huge vagina,(sorry ladys), some injuries and me being a fuck tard!

goals: to get my main lifts back up, GPP, and cardio, but to also get strength back while not killing myself or getting fucking bored to death!!:

choices for me:

Strength and re start choices:
1. convict conditioning
2. starting strength (did this program for a few months a few years ago)
3. wendlers 5/3/1 (I WAS RUNNING THIS LAST SEPTEMBER AND THEN OUT OF NOWHERE MY VAGINA BEGAN TO BLEED)
4. Dan johns 40 days of strength (used to get ur main lift numbers up within 40 days, lifting almost everyday, the same lifts) done this one as well, and its nice

GPP choices:
1. p90x
2. eliptical at home in the am fasted level 7 for 30 min steady state cardio...
3. ?????

DIET:
signing up with spongy here really soon,for diet talked to him the other day!
either a recomp or possibly warrior diet if i can again

i have a full powertec squat rack with pulldowns, dips and pull up station in the garage and an elliptical, so i plan to work out at home, might need some more dumbbells, and will have to lift in am and do cardio at work, at night, so hopefully
this will work out for me?

so with me being a bleeding vag, who can offer up any sarcasm, hate, love or advice?

scream at me if u need to!

haha!

thanks SI!

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Re: need a bit of help with re beginning routine, and accountability! long but need some insigh

The only thing holding you back is the excuses you keep making for yourself brother. There is ALWAYS someone who has it worse than you.
For now, why not just work on developing solid habits and getting your feet wet again?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Re: need a bit of help with re beginning routine, and accountability! long but need some insigh

The only thing holding you back is the excuses you keep making for yourself brother. There is ALWAYS someone who has it worse than you.
For now, why not just work on developing solid habits and getting your feet wet again?

now what is something u recommend for developing these solid habits and getting my feet wet again? example?

i am hiring spongy so i do have that as my next step but have another guy who has helped me with my diet to lower my cholesterol, and that defiantly has helped in the food aspect and choices habits as of late,

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Habits like making sure you get your meals in every day, sticking to your game plan, and of course getting into the gym. Once they become habit, it's almost like you won't allow yourself to break away from them. Having a game plan and sticking to it is so crucial to being successful in anything. Granted, a couple tweaks may need to be made here and there but you have to stick with it.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Ok so back to basics it is, i use to be this way and have trailed off once i went all warrior diet, and its simplicity, i was once good at 6 meals a day for fucking ever! Just always had an issue staying commited to one regimen and that is what i need to get my habits re formed into! If that makes sense?

I have no issues with diet or staying commited to that, its basically a restart of sorts and need the help in choosing and staying accountable to the regimen that will help reastablish my baseline core lifts, pull ups and overall whole body strength, thats why i beloeve the peograms i listed will all help in all catagories,

Thanks man appreciate the feedback

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I agree with what milo says here, and I would add that you need to pick a plan and stick with it for a set period of time. We've all been guilty at one time or another of jumping from routine to routine and diet to diet before giving it a chance to work. We all have days when it feels like our plan isnt working but you need to trust in the fact that its a long term thing and have faith. So once you pick a routine decide to commit to it for the entire length of it even if it seems to not be working great a few weeks in.

You'll succeed if you make this a priority in your life.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Set small realistic goals. Like to lose 1" of ur belle, or all 1/2" to ur biceps, or go up 10 lbs on ur bench press. Once you see a succession of small goals get accomplished you will be hooked. If everything else fails, get some Aderall.
Or:
17D2B100-AFDE-423C-9F3F-36F987E8E9B8-160-0000005EAD0DB527.jpg

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Set small realistic goals. Like to lose 1" of ur belle, or all 1/2" to ur biceps, or go up 10 lbs on ur bench press. Once you see a succession of small goals get accomplished you will be hooked. If everything else fails, get some Aderall.
Or:
17D2B100-AFDE-423C-9F3F-36F987E8E9B8-160-0000005EAD0DB527.jpg

now i have to say this was fucking great! i know i just need to man up and choose something, so i may as well just do this:

body weight excercises for a month or two to get some general strength back such as pull ups, reverse pull ups, push ups, core work and some type of squating technique, should do me very well, then onto

1. convict conditioning 1-3 months
2. starting strength 3-6 months
3. wendlers 5/3/1 for as long as i want!

and throw in gpp, and cardio and ill be good to go, eh?

thanks guys!

New Threads