Laptops

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new laptop and so far my favorite is the Mac Book Air 13". What do you guys have?

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The macbook is a great laptop with a great user experience. Highly recommended.

Im using a 17" HP Laptop - but im going to be buying myself the 13" macbook air in the next month or so. I'll keep the HP machine at work, and use the macbook at home.

Get the three year applecare so that you know its covered - if it craps out on you they will replace it.

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have an alienware mx14x..... sexy as hell for my presentations

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Love the alienware minister. Millgirl, IMO it's hard to beat the mac products due to less suseptiblity trouble malware and viruses. My next will be a MacBook

OCDude

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a MacBook pro and a monster Dell from work. I'm not a fan of the air due to a lack of ports without the docking plate. Just something to consider

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love my MacBook Pro! The price is a bit much, but it's hands down the best laptop I've ever had!

CLSMTH700

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i have macbook. its def. good. pricey but great.

then again i have had mac for a while, power macs, imacs, had first ipod, in like 2000 was like $400 and weighed a couple pounds , lol

curls

Reaction score
I have a Mac and a Toshiba. I like both but the Mac will take some time to be comfortable with. Make sure you check battery life if you travel. Toshiba offers a very long life battery.

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
I have a Mac and a Toshiba. I like both but the Mac will take some time to be comfortable with. Make sure you check battery life if you travel. Toshiba offers a very long life battery.

I will play with the Mac at the Apple Store before making up my mind :)

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lifelong PC user but my next two (wife and I) will be Macs.... finally saw the light.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of apple. Mostly because Steve jobs was a total dick and Mac users are elitist pricks.

As more people use Macs more maleware is made for them.

I like my PC.

cranium85

Banned
Reaction score
Mac is the way to go. My MacBook just Shit the bed after 4 years. Turns out my model had a defective graphic chip and logic board. So Apple said if your screen and display goes black and your logic board fails we will fix it for free if its not more than 4 years old. just my luck....mine is four years and ten months so they won't fix it for free I have to pay 550 to fix if. So I'm thinking about getting the Mac air as well cuz its cheaper but I would really like to get another MacBook but money is tight, I have so much fu king expenses and po there Shit to pay for right now its just the worst possible timing for this Shit to happen.

But yeah anyways I would def go Apple. They last forever, no viruses and bullshit. If mine didn't have that defective Shit it would of lasted me another 5 years prob. Apple is def the way to go.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gotta get a Mac. Not too sure about the Air though. If I'm gonna spend a grand or more on a laptop, the son of a bitch better be able to do everything!

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
I checked out how much Apple Care for the Mac Book Air would be ... $249. That's not cheap. Did anybody here with a Mac buy Apple Care too?

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its not cheap, but you are guaranteed to have a functioning computer for 36 months, vs the 12 months that most other vendors some with. Dell does some longer term warranties as well.

Another option is to buy your laptop on American Express. Amex has a double your warranty service that i believe is free to card holders. Check your credit card companies to see what they cover. So if you get 12 months, then on Amex you get another 12 months of coverage. I've never tried claiming on Amex though, so i have no idea if they will actually pay up - but we do hundreds of thousands of dollars of business with Amex every month and they have been pretty easy to deal with.

I generally amortize my computers over a three year period with most computers needing to be replaced at three years. If it still works in three years then odds are you wish it wasnt so that you could get something new!

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive had a mac and PC. MacBook is a very solid machine, hands down. But i also like the way i can manipulate my windows software to do a millions things and going.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive had a mac and PC. MacBook is a very solid machine, hands down. But i also like the way i can manipulate my windows software to do a millions things and going.

You can, with the right software, run windows OS on a Mac

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro with lighted keys and love it. Best laptop I've ever owned and never get any virus issues. I went with the Pro because I wanted lighted keys. They run about $2grand but I checked craigslist and got one off a business man that was one year old for $750.

New Threads