2 SI mods given 3 day ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zeek

Well it bothered the shit out of me doing this but we can't have mods talking down members in defense of a source. realize mr P is a friend of mine and I thought for hours about this before doing it but if I turn the other way a and let mods down talk members to defend a sourcr then what the hell do we have here different from other sites.

truth is I will ban a mod 10x quiocker than i will a member simply because they know better

Jezebel

Lady Member
Reaction score
While I am saddened to hear that, I applaud Zeek for standing up and doing what he feels is right. I'm sure it was a very difficult decision as these people are friends. I don't know Mr. P that well but Mrs. P always had helpful advice over her and on Ology. Hopefully, when this all blows over they'll be back and we can get on with making this board the best.

On that note, I am very very proud to be a member on this board. I may not have the post count some of you guys have (do you guys EVER work? lol) but my opinion is that this board is unique and different from every other board out there. I only hope it always stays that way. I consider everyone here family and Zeek is only doing what is good for the family. *sheds tear* Love you guys and gals!

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine how hard it was for you zeekbut if not for this we would be just like every other board. Change is never easy and I applaud you for sticking to your guns. I would expect it if I were a mod. Thank you for making a citizen first home.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've got your back Zeek...

Having said that I'm looking forward to them coming back and us all getting past it :)

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Growing pains. They are great Mods and will come back the better for it. Have I said how much I love the board and how well it is coming along IMHO?

I look forward to having them back, I applaud EZ for moving on a tough choice, and I can't wait to start running 900mg a week of Primo! :))

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
fucking drama. it just doesnt stop at high school.

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In banning mods or members, how are we different from the other boards? Dont get me wrong, im not supporting a lack of civility - anyone with an uncivil tone should be called to the mat for it. I love this place because i get the support i need to do what i want - take steroids and get fricking huge. You all have been a great support to me in helping me accomplish these goals.

I just hate for people to be banned. Other boards ban people - many here have been banned on other boards for having opinions contrary to the board operators. Is our community not better than that? Is banning the only form of corrective action we have. Anyway, please understand that i dont run a support board and im not familiar with forum etiquette or rules. And please dont ban me - i love it here...

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In banning mods or members, how are we different from the other boards? Dont get me wrong, im not supporting a lack of civility - anyone with an uncivil tone should be called to the mat for it. I love this place because i get the support i need to do what i want - take steroids and get fricking huge. You all have been a great support to me in helping me accomplish these goals.

I just hate for people to be banned. Other boards ban people - many here have been banned on other boards for having opinions contrary to the board operators. Is our community not better than that? Is banning the only form of corrective action we have. Anyway, please understand that i dont run a support board and im not familiar with forum etiquette or rules. And please dont ban me - i love it here...

I can answer this. In this particular case it was mods going after a member in defense of a source. In my opinion, that is a slippery slope that we do NOT want to head down. OM used to be one of the premium boards of all time... now, if you speak out negatively about a sponsor....you disappear.

Sources are wonderful and valuable assets to any board but if they become somehow above reproach or if the average joe becomes afraid to speak his/her mind about their services because he will be attacked by a mod then we will indeed have become a site where the average guy will be run over for speaking his mind. I have seen this happen over and over before. I just had a personal experience where a long time trusted sponsor shorted me a kit of GH. I spoke out because it was the right thing to do and he complained to a mod who promptly banned me from the site. A site where I was a VIP no less. Now, if you were on that site and was shorted a kit by this same sponsor - what would you do after seeing a VIP banned for speaking out?

The power on good board has to lie with the common bro. We are the quality control. We are the only ones who can collectively communicate both the good and bad so that other bros and sisters can make an intelligent, informed decision.

Mods are here to help insure the power remains with the average bro. Because we see them as "out ranking us" it is critical that they stay out of the fray and MODERATE any problems or concerns.

Zeek really had no choice and it wasn't personal I am sure. He stood up for you, me and all the rest of us average joes to ensure that if/when we speak out about a sponsor it doesn't mean we will be punished for it.

By the way, the ban I got was overturned, the mod and sponsor posted a public apology and that is one of only two boards where I believe we are protected as members. SI is the other.

Hope this helps ....
Respect,
Vette

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Zeek, you did the right thing brother...this is what sets SI apart from the other boards.
The reality is that some boards would have backed the mods and banned all the members that were speaking the truth.

I came to SI with the expectation of being somewhere, where we can openly discuss all topics without the fear of sensors hip or other repercussions.

Thank you for doing the right thing even if it means you are putting yourself in a difficult spot.

Grind

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've got your back Zeek...

Having said that I'm looking forward to them coming back and us all getting past it :)
For a second I thought you were going to be one of them and I was going to raise a little hell.

It's one thing to have a disagreement, its another to outright disrespect someone.

I do say to Mr and Mrs P that when you asked if they paid for your product that is wasn't disrespectful. Anyone that's been around knows that shit sources send out great even overdosed samples to respected community members in order to take advantage of newer people in the community.

Sources like WP and uncle Z invented this form of selective scamming on big source boards. Keep the respected members happy and they will sweep all the people you scam under the rug for you.

It's never disrespect but if you didn't pay for your product, your review means nothing to anyone that has been around.

I was amazed how many people were outright bashing ology given how many times admin has requested that people don't. I don't have anything nice to say myself but out of respect I don't say anything at all.

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I understand Grind & Vette, and you are right. I just hate seeing conflict. Comes from the line of work im in - im used to a much more even and placid state of affairs. Anyway, i hope you didn't think i meant disrespect.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
For a second I thought you were going to be one of them and I was going to raise a little hell.

It's one thing to have a disagreement, its another to outright disrespect someone.

I do say to Mr and Mrs P that when you asked if they paid for your product that is wasn't disrespectful. Anyone that's been around knows that shit sources send out great even overdosed samples to respected community members in order to take advantage of newer people in the community.

Sources like WP and uncle Z invented this form of selective scamming on big source boards. Keep the respected members happy and they will sweep all the people you scam under the rug for you.

It's never disrespect but if you didn't pay for your product, your review means nothing to anyone that has been around.

I was amazed how many people were outright bashing ology given how many times admin has requested that people don't. I don't have anything nice to say myself but out of respect I don't say anything at all.

My problem is about feeling safe and seeing what I did gave me some thoughts if I wanna be here or not, I have see Mods ruin boards and lose the trust of the members.

I will not partake in a place were the mods make me feel that I can't trust them.

There is a fine line of feeling safe in this game!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I understand Grind & Vette, and you are right. I just hate seeing conflict. Comes from the line of work im in - im used to a much more even and placid state of affairs. Anyway, i hope you didn't think i meant disrespect.

Drama is bullshit but authority must take place in this game or safety is gone and IMO safety is not a concern in 90% of these boards or more and money is the only agenda, if not money people feeling the need of power and followers to that power!

basskiller

Elite
Reaction score
no one truely understands what an admin goes through .. Sometimes on a daily basis.. The tough decisions and actions that must be made.. Most only see the one side of a story, theirs.. 99% of the time it's not personal on the admin's end..
It's just another one of the shitty jobs an admin/owner has to do..
I know how you feel.. Hopefully the mods that are on Vacation will also

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well said bass. Yes I for one understand what zeek goes through. For one a lot of us are friends so decisions from him can be tough.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
as soon as I get all the facts, and I have some..just been swamped at work and haven't seen WTF is going on, I will address this as I feel there is something going on that I'm not going to like and it wouldn't be the first time!

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The whole situation is unfortunate. I hope the P's will decide to stay a part of this board after the ban is over. I know Zeek is just doing what he feels is right and I'm sure he wouldn't do this frivolously, and I know he takes no pleasure in doing it.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hope they truly come back, sometimes it's hard to make actions when it comes to ur friends but what right is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads