Is this normal or am I just strange?

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I usually always kick start my cycles with an oral. For example this cycle I was running 4 weeks of TBol at 50mg a day along with 500mg of test e which is run until week 12. At about week four I look leaner, and significantly bigger. I usually gain about 6 to 7 lb's during this time, and get pretty excited, but as week 7 rolls around things change. The gains from the tbol seem to disappear, and the test just doesnt seem to make the same changes in my body composition. In fact, I actually start losing weight, strength, and looking less lean.

Is it just that Test @ 500mg a week doesnt really work all that well for me, or perhaps I respond better to orals? Does anyone else experience this? It's kind of frustrating...

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Post up your diet and ancillaries your taking bud...

BBE

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
how is your sleep? Long estered test eventually starts to mess with my sleep quality, and it only gets worse the higher dose I take. This can actually make higher dosed blasts far less productive and actually worse than lower dosed cruising.

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess I should preface this with the following info just to give everyone some insight into my background.

My first cycle was 10 years ago which was sust from pakistan. I believe they were little clear amp's with yellow writing on them. Anyway, back then the standard length was 8 weeks rather than the new norm of 12 weeks. I grew like a fucking weed! I got huge, and I mean huge! I went from 195lbs to 230lbs. My diet sucked because I was young and I didn't know better, but I still grew and got strong as a ox. I did your standard PCT of clomid and nolvadex and kept a lot of the muscle I put on.

I hadn't touched gear for quite a while after that, and lost most of what I put on because lifting took a backseat to life. Recently, about 3 years ago I got back into the game again. I started cycling, and would get OK results, but nothing like I did from the pakistan sust. Anyway, I have been kickstarting my cycle's with dbol or tbol which bring the results on fast, but then it seems the test can not pick up where the oral leaves off. I always drop weight, which slowly seems to taper to a point. This seems strange to me because "test is king" right?

Then PCT hits and I pretty much lose most of what I gained, I usually can only hold on to about 1/3 of the weight gained. It has taken 3 cycles to get me up to 200lb's from 189lbs, and with this cycle I seem to be losing all the weight from the tbol and tapering back off at where I started. It also seems strange that it has taken 3 cycles to bring me to 200 when on my first it took me way past that. Perhaps I am doing something very wrong, and now I am looking to more experienced people for advice.

As for your question about diet. This time around I am eating a bit less than I was cycle's past because I wanted to keep my midsection lean as opposed to just throwing on the weight. Also, I am taking Adex every other day to keep estrogen down.

It also might be worth noting that I usually break out pretty bad on test, and this cycle not a single zit. The only thing i changed this time around is I am taking Pantothenic Acid in an effort to keep the acne at bay. Has anyone else seen such great results from it?

Protein Carbohydrates Fat Calories
Breakfast (6:00am)
Real Egg (1 Cup) 24 4 0 120
Oatmeal (1 Cup) 6 29 3 159
Whey Protein (1 scoop) 24 2 1.5 114

Snack (8:00am)
Balance Bar 14 23 7 210
Meal #2 (10:00am)
Salmon (6oz) 39 0 22 367

Lunch (12:00pm)
Chicken Breast (8 oz) 54 0 2 260
Rice (1 cup) 4 44 205

Pre Workout Shake (3:00pm)
ON Whey (2 Scoops) 48 6 2 240
1 Apple 0 16 0 75

Post workout Shake (6:45pm)
Whey Protein (2 Scoop) 48 4 3 228
Waxy Maize (1 scoop)

Dinner (8:00pm)
Chicken Breast (8 oz) 54 0 2 260
Rice (1 cup) 4 44 0 205

Snack (10:00pm)
Whey Protein (2 Scoops)48 6 2 228
Peanut Butter (2 TBS) 7 8 16 190

Totals 370 186 61 2861

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry the formatting got weird on the diet. Hopefully you get the gist.

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
@ Superman, for this cycle or previous cycles?

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man the same exact thing happens to me. Back in the day you could run 250mgs of sustanon 250 reddijetts and gain 20lbs no problem. All I can say from experience is the game has changed. I have been running 625mgs test cyp and 400 mgs deca and was losing weight too. I quit eating clean to start with. I now eat just old school home cooking. I don't count calories either. I eat till im sick full and then eat a little more. I then went up to 750mgs of test cyp and 500mgs deca and now I am starting to grow. How anyone can grow off of 500mgs of test for 12 weeks blows my mind. I wouldn't gain a single pound off of that. The dbol gives me a nice 12lbs, but around week 8 or so I start losing like crazy. If I'm at 5 or 600mgs test at that time I will lose every bit of it. Up you test to 650 or 750, dont run any ai unless you have side effects and eat a ton of decent food. If your lean like me you will stay lean while on gear and eating all that "ok" food will help you. I still wake up with a six pack and people are stating to ask what I'm on now. Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

P.S. I'm running pinnacle

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ur not eating enough bro. U need to replace all them shakes with real meals. Also have u gotten bloods done? If your natural test levels cant support the added weight it is going to dissapear no matter what u do.

Again as for the gains going up then stalling and starting to lose weigh indicates problems with the diet. If you put on weight you need to adjust ur diet to account for the added lean body mass. If not what was a bulking died at your starting weight can turn into a cutting diet mid cycle and you start losing weight. No bueno. Eat more as you grow.

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What you ran before
What your running now

What's different in your diet then and now. Maybe eating less then you were before.
Training? Different routine?

Work? Different hours?
Stress? Sleep?

Let us hear more ...

If test is test, there should be no difference in 500 then to 500 now.

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Previous cycles were run with Sciroxx as well as homebrew. This cycle is being run with Pinnacle.

My diet in previous cycles was much less strict I just made sure I was getting enough protein in. This time around my diet more strict as far as macros and scheduling are concerned.

I am not training any different, still kicking ass in the gym.

Work is still the same and hasn't changed. I am heading off right now, but I will update with more info later.

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm not sure if anyone ever asked Coke this in his thread but how is strength? Did you feel your strength drop after you dropped the oral? Has it progressed up at all? Staying stagnant? Just curious..... Cuz I mean if your still holding strength or even making gains .... Wouldn't that suggest a simple lack in calories to add on mass????

Somebody correct me here if I have the wrong idea?

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with u superman^. If he is still holding strength then I would think his calorie is low.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am also courious what yiur baseline test level was before yiur cycle started

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ur not eating enough bro. U need to replace all them shakes with real meals. Also have u gotten bloods done? If your natural test levels cant support the added weight it is going to dissapear no matter what u do.

Again as for the gains going up then stalling and starting to lose weigh indicates problems with the diet. If you put on weight you need to adjust ur diet to account for the added lean body mass. If not what was a bulking died at your starting weight can turn into a cutting diet mid cycle and you start losing weight. No bueno. Eat more as you grow.

this advice is as good as it gets imo.

vaper86

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At times I feel like DaDawg should have his own chain of grocery stores..."DaDawg Whole Foods" what you think?

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You could always adjust test upwards from week four

Bingo bango.

And then increase you caloric intake by a minimum of 500-1000 calories a day brother. I would split that 33/33/33 percentage wise between fats/proteins and carbs.

Good luck brother-
Vette

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At times I feel like DaDawg should have his own chain of grocery stores..."DaDawg Whole Foods" what you think?

i would only sell BEEF , CHICKEN PORK , SHRIMPIES and DIET MOUNTAIN DEW lol.

vegetables is what food eats.

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the great advice. I have upped the calories so I will report back in a few weeks. As far as the strength goes, it has def dropped, but not to the point I was at before I began this cycle. I also would like to know my baseline levels as I always had the feeling that something was a miss. Perhaps I will get it tested now, and get it tested once again a few months after my cycle.

I saw a post on here about a online service to get hormone level's tested. Does anyone anyone have any experience with them?

New Threads