Thanks

I'm a bigger dumbass than you!

I had one of those days yesterday,... actually first one in 14 yrs. I'm in the construction bus., specifically underground utilities. We install grease trap, septic, sewer, etc and I'm a dumbass. Yesterday started out ****ed up enough, my crew got kicked off a job by the police because the contractor we were working for pissed off someone. After regrouping I sent my crew to another job(residence) and in my haste I wrote down the wrong address by one number.....doy!!!!! I was an hour late getting to the site because of another job I was working on. Upon arrival I see our trucks and empty trailers but no guys or machines on site? Cliffhanger......
    I turn around and see my crew with our combination digging into the wrong yard! We managed to dig about 10' x 10' x 6' hole in some innocent victims front yard. Shitstorm ensues....
    Homeowner not home, I have no choice but forge ahead because we have torn into an existing/working drainfield! I'm now digging in the wrong yard without a permit trying to undo what can't be undone. Notify homeowner by phone but they have no realistic idea of what has transpired. Homeowner gets home and goes ballistic....I continue to make promises and apologize untill they are calm. Reassurances accepted, homeowner offers me a drink and actually apologize to me because of the mistake I made and said they feel bad. I got lucky, the homeowner could have gone in any direction on me. Boss reacts...
    To be continued....
    Moral of the story....
    Nice people feel bad for dumbasses!

Thanks

Re: I'm a bigger dumbass than you!

Wow tough luck man. Hope it ends better
    Then it started
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

Thanks

Wow tough luck man. Hope it ends better
    Then it started
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

Thanks
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 914 Posts

We've all make mistakes. Its how you deal with them that counts. You took reponsibility for yours and clearly the homeowners appreciated that.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,792 Posts

Atleast is was just the lawn dug up & not a demo job. The contractor that I had do my building had sent his crew to do a roofing job. The crew did not speak english & somehow ended up tearing the roof off the wrong house. Needless to say that the home owner ended up with a new roof free of charge.

Thanks

crazy shit !
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 893 Posts

Originally Posted by ccpro View Post
    I had one of those days yesterday,... actually first one in 14 yrs. I'm in the construction bus., specifically underground utilities. We install grease trap, septic, sewer, etc and I'm a dumbass. Yesterday started out ****ed up enough, my crew got kicked off a job by the police because the contractor we were working for pissed off someone. After regrouping I sent my crew to another job(residence) and in my haste I wrote down the wrong address by one number.....doy!!!!! I was an hour late getting to the site because of another job I was working on. Upon arrival I see our trucks and empty trailers but no guys or machines on site? Cliffhanger......
    I turn around and see my crew with our combination digging into the wrong yard! We managed to dig about 10' x 10' x 6' hole in some innocent victims front yard. Shitstorm ensues....
    Homeowner not home, I have no choice but forge ahead because we have torn into an existing/working drainfield! I'm now digging in the wrong yard without a permit trying to undo what can't be undone. Notify homeowner by phone but they have no realistic idea of what has transpired. Homeowner gets home and goes ballistic....I continue to make promises and apologize untill they are calm. Reassurances accepted, homeowner offers me a drink and actually apologize to me because of the mistake I made and said they feel bad. I got lucky, the homeowner could have gone in any direction on me. Boss reacts...
    To be continued....
    Moral of the story....
    Nice people feel bad for dumbasses!
    brother i feel for you,i hope everything works out next time,hell if i didnt have bad luck,i wouldnt have any at all

Thanks

Lol shit happens bro. Had a similar incident hapen to me down range. We were given a location to clear a building for a suspected weapons cache... Well we were sent to the building next door by accident. Needless to say, shit hit the fan and i ended up losing 2 team members due to someone else's misscalculaions.
    US Goverment Policy: If It Ain't Broken, Fix It Till It Is.

Thanks

Rough day bro. That would make the top ten on stupid shit I have done but not the top five for sure. I'm pretty sure that makes me a bigger dumb ass than you... but hey, you're young..... lol

Take responsibility, regroup. Human error bro. You are not a dumb ass you are a very busy human being that made a simple error.

Respect,
    Vette

Thanks

Wow that's a rough day for sure ...

Thanks

Originally Posted by Lulu66 View Post
    Lol shit happens bro. Had a similar incident hapen to me down range. We were given a location to clear a building for a suspected weapons cache... Well we were sent to the building next door by accident. Needless to say, shit hit the fan and i ended up losing 2 team members due to someone else's misscalculaions.
    Thanks for putting it in perspective. Sorry for Your Loss and Thanks for Your Service!