fish tacos

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tried out a new recipe for some salmon fish tacos. Used the George Foreman and made a glaze that consisted of 1tbsp evoo, 1tbsp fresh lime juice, 3/4tsp ancho, 1/2tsp kosher salt, and 1/4tsp pepper. Put the glaze on during cooking, I would suggest poking holes in you meat with a fork first. Placed fish on a corn tortilla with avocado and brown rice as well as a low sodium salsa. A fruit salsa would be really good as well.

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tried out a new recipe for some salmon fish tacos. Used the George Foreman and made a glaze that consisted of 1tbsp evoo, 1tbsp fresh lime juice, 3/4tsp ancho, 1/2tsp kosher salt, and 1/4tsp pepper. Put the glaze on during cooking, I would suggest poking holes in you meat with a fork first. Placed fish on a corn tortilla with avocado and brown rice as well as a low sodium salsa. A fruit salsa would be really good as well.

I've never used salmon to make fish tacos, sounds good will have to give it a try :)

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
the title reminds me of my last girlfriend

Get Some

Reaction score
For salmon I have a special cilantro lime pepita glaze that I use that is mighty tasty!

Lately I've been grilling tilapia on cedar wood planks on the grill for fish tacos. For those I like to use some spices with a bit more heat. Salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic salt, cumin, red pepper, onion owder, garlic powder, crushed cilantro, and paprika. I dip the tilapia filets in a mixture of olive oil and lime juice and then dip them in the spices. Coat all the area with the spice and rub off excess with your hands (treat it as a rub like you would on a dry rack of ribs, only the fish is more delicate!). Soak the wood planks in water for about 2 hours (or overnight if you prefer). You can cook the fish on a high heat and it will be done in about 7-10 minutes (the trick is to wait til the grill is very hot to put the planks on).

I like to use corn tortillas and dice some cabbage up with cilantro and lime juice. A nice quick sauce you can use for the fish is a mixture of sour cream and plain yogurt with lime, salt, and pepper. I usually add some diced chipotle peppers to the sauce to give it some fire!

If you guys want the intimate details of this send me a PM and I'll dig up the particulars of the recipe. I just whip everything together as I see it and rarely use measurements anymore, lol. I'll have to take a pic next time I make it and post it up.

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hell no to tilapia.. It's a shit eating fish. I kid you not most tilapia are used to eat the shit of farm raised fish. They are also loaded with omega 6 fatty acids.

New Threads