kid advice

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sorry i need some brother advice, i have two beautiful kids a boy 5 soon and a girl 7 yrs old soon. my wife threw our a idea of having another kid! i was like wtf! truly im not going to lie i wanted to have another little girl but i accept what gods provides. now me im confused . i want one and i dont want one. my son was born with a reall bad eczema. like really bad . now he is under control cuz of the steroid cream. im scared to have another kid with worst than his . i lost a yr worth of sleep with my son. eczema is fkin crazy , my son would scratch like crazy till he bleeds . i suffered so much . i thank god he is better . i really dont know if i should have another . truly im in the middle but leaning to the no side. i feel like i have my life back like in a sense that we dont have to wake up every 2 hrs and all the etc stuff.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is eczema passed on or run in family genes or anything? Sorry for my ignorance I don't know much about how or why people have it. Glad your sons doing good though bro!

I'm in the same boat only I'm the one that wants a kid and she's kinda like uhhhhhhhhhh....
This is ultimately a decision you guys should think long and hard about. I feel like people are WAY to eager to bring kids into the world these days. There's lots to think about. Are you financial stable enough that another kid wouldn't break you and your other kids would miss out on things? Is your relationship stable enough to handle a huge stressor like another child. Does she just have baby fever because one of her friends is pregnant or just had a baby and now she wants one? If you're financially stable enough and your relationships good and you've both wanted another one, go for it. God will handle the rest. Children are a challenge even if they come out 100% healthy.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brother Colt always comin through with sage advice... should we call you Rev. Colt 45?

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Peace be with you andro my brother hahaha

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jada all I can say is me and my wife are blessed to have 2 boys both healty 10 fingers 10 toes. My oldest will be 6 in a couple months and my youngest is 3. Now for us we are both in an agreement that we are not gonna push our luck.. We both think having a girl would be nice but with so many issues with whopping cough, phenoma(?) 105 fevers and them not being able to talk cause all this happened when they were to young to tell us how they felt, at this point in our lives neither of us wanna re-live any of that. The yr of sleepiness nights and constant worry and diaper changes is hard to go back too. Our 2nd child was rough for us and as we just (fingers crossed) got him potty trained I absolutely have no desire to start or go back to changing diapers anytime soon....
Now im not saying this to scare you or to sound like an ass but don't forget about all the other stuff that is involved. Make 100% sure you both are ready to go back to all of that. As I said it was hard for us with the 2nd one.......
To be 100% honest with you I hated all the crying,diapers and bullshit. Now that they are older I wouldn't change a thing and wish they would stay this age forever!

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brutha I have 5 girls 21,18,10,5,& 2. Lol. Yup no boys. Although I love all my kids and wouldn't change anything with them me and my wife decided to call it good. No more kids. I'm 37 yrs old and I know what you mean about having your life back. You have been blessed with your children and like colt said to many people are to quick to bring babies into this world. Enjoy what you have brutha.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brutha I have 5 girls 21,18,10,5,& 2. Lol. Yup no boys. Although I love all my kids and wouldn't change anything with them me and my wife decided to call it good. No more kids. I'm 37 yrs old and I know what you mean about having your life back. You have been blessed with your children and like colt said to many people are to quick to bring babies into this world. Enjoy what you have brutha.

Wow brother you get major respect from me for that... That's a lot of estrogen sides you must get!

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Kind of similar for me, 4 girls ages 10, 6, 4, 19 mo. and a 13 year old boy. I am only 32 though.

Jada can take one of mine if you want lol.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Kind of similar for me, 4 girls ages 10, 6, 4, 19 mo. and a 13 year old boy. I am only 32 though.

Jada can take one of mine if you want lol.

Rt on brutha. So you know what I'm talking about.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Exactly, plus the girls are all gorgeous blonde/blue eyes and the boy is 6' 190 pounds right now. He'll end up being able to kick my ass and the girls i'll be running boys off non stop. I'll die young i'm sure lol.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Exactly, plus the girls are all gorgeous blonde/blue eyes and the boy is 6' 190 pounds right now. He'll end up being able to kick my ass and the girls i'll be running boys off non stop. I'll die young i'm sure lol.
Lol. Yup. I liked scaring the shit out of all the boys that ever came to meet me. Lmfao. I had one boy come over and just walk rt in my house and grab a PC of pizza one time. I grabbed him walked his ass out the door and said. Let's try that again. My daughter was mad and embarrassed.

OCDude

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have had the 3rd child discussion and the story for now is she can't handle any more... So I'm planning on getting my nuts snipped soon and that wont be an issue anyway. LOVE my kids to death but we've just reached a point in our lives where the thought of going back to the whole up all night diapers for 3 more years etc just doesn't appeal. We're ready to move on and be able to travel with the youngins!
I have a great deal of respect for guys like Rowdy and That have 3-6 kids. Hats off to you bros, I don't know how you survive!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
If wife wants a baby and it's economical you better give wife baby or she may change on you bro or at least give it the opportunity by doing your part.

I have seen women change when refused a child!

Go far it bro I raised 2 girls by myself no wife bro so loss of sleep yeah until Riptropin sleep was hell!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is eczema passed on or run in family genes or anything? Sorry for my ignorance I don't know much about how or why people have it. Glad your sons doing good though bro!

I'm in the same boat only I'm the one that wants a kid and she's kinda like uhhhhhhhhhh....
This is ultimately a decision you guys should think long and hard about. I feel like people are WAY to eager to bring kids into the world these days. There's lots to think about. Are you financial stable enough that another kid wouldn't break you and your other kids would miss out on things? Is your relationship stable enough to handle a huge stressor like another child. Does she just have baby fever because one of her friends is pregnant or just had a baby and now she wants one? If you're financially stable enough and your relationships good and you've both wanted another one, go for it. God will handle the rest. Children are a challenge even if they come out 100% healthy.

Colt we should switch ladies. My GF wants a baby bad & I'm like Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for giving me solid advice and Im going to drop the bomb soon and tell her it's a NO.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If the economical and relayionship situation is solid, i dont see why not. I have a 2 yr old and hes got very bad eczema, i know were u comming from bro. Is fucking frustrating to see your kid rip his skin off because his shit itches so bad. One thing that helped with my boy was to have him wear 2 pairs of socks to bed with the inside sock soaked in water.
Personally, im not a kids type of guy. I got a short temper. I got fixed a month aftrr this one was born. Havnt told the wife yet, and aint planning on Telling her either. Shes brough up another kid a few times already. Im like fuck no, ur crazy woman... The way oue economy and the country is looking, i dont want to bring a child to this shit.

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sorry i need some brother advice, i have two beautiful kids a boy 5 soon and a girl 7 yrs old soon. my wife threw our a idea of having another kid! i was like wtf! truly im not going to lie i wanted to have another little girl but i accept what gods provides. now me im confused . i want one and i dont want one. my son was born with a reall bad eczema. like really bad . now he is under control cuz of the steroid cream. im scared to have another kid with worst than his . i lost a yr worth of sleep with my son. eczema is fkin crazy , my son would scratch like crazy till he bleeds . i suffered so much . i thank god he is better . i really dont know if i should have another . truly im in the middle but leaning to the no side. i feel like i have my life back like in a sense that we dont have to wake up every 2 hrs and all the etc stuff.

I could relate to the "having your life back" feeling, I have a 10,9,4 year old and I have been home with or caring for a baby/toddler/kid for the past 10 years.. I'm a stay at home mom & even home schooled my oldest for 2 years, now my little one is going to Pre-K and I have 6 hours to myself.. I love kids & wouldn't mind having another one, (Don't tell P) or he'll kill me :(

But when I think about starting all over again I change my mind pretty quickly :D
My girls are a blessing & I cannot imagine my life without them, but having another child is a decision that has to be thought throughly & in agreement by both...

New Threads