A female's journey into Testosterone replacement therapy. Come inside...

Jezebel

Lady Member
Reaction score
Ok, so as some of you know I went and had labwork done for a baseline before I started any cycle. I got everything checked out and all of my numbers are exceptional except for two. My total testosterone and my free test. My total testosterone was 12 ng/dL and my free test was 1.1 ng/dL which for a 38 year old non menopausal woman is quite low.

Now I know there is a conception that women shouldn't take testosterone unless they want to become a man but the levels of test we are talking about are very low. Still, there isn't as much info for women TRT as there is for men. Normal levels of testosterone for a woman my age should be about 40 ng/dL. And now everything made sense, I realized I was suffering from the same common complaints that men have with low T. Low drive, low energy/feeling tired, irritable, and lack of libido. My diet has been strict, I work out at least 5 times a week and get plenty of sleep yet I'm always tired.

So my GYN doc was going to offer me Testopel which is implantable testosterone pellet and I declined. I've had norplant birth control which was implantable rods in the past and I didn't want to keep having something implanted in me every couple of months. Besides, most reports of people getting the implants were that they felt great the first couple of weeks but then as the testosterone depleted from the pellet, they would feel "out of gas" until the next scheduled implant.

I want something more consistent so it was either androgel or test injections. Well androgel is great and all but insurance does NOT cover female TRT! Seems they don't think we need it. So if I wanted androgel I would have to pay out of pocket and it is pricey! So UGL test it is. LOL

Decided on using test prop since if there are ANY issues, I can stop it and the test will be gone in a short amount of time due to the shorter half-life compared to the other esters.

So my goal is to do enough test for well being and mood elevation. If increased libido and greater drive esp. in the gym occurs as well then bonus! My goal is not to use so much that I start seeing signs of virilization. I know this stuff can be psychologically addictive as well and that is another point of this log. Kinda like a safety valve. I figured my family at SI would help keep me in check just in case things get crazy. Not that I think it will but you can never be too careful.

Jezebel

Lady Member
Reaction score
Now that we have all the background info out of the way, I wanted to update with my first log entry. Actually, I started Wednesday afternoon so I wanted to catch everyone up and will do my best to update in real time.

So I decided to start at 10mg test prop about e3d. I want to start nice and low and slowly increase dose if necessary but I see no reason to rush into that. Why 10mg? I guess because it isn't much and its a nice even number and easy to draw up. LOL

Wednesday afternoon had my hubby inject me with 10mg of Test prop via 29g 1/2" slin pin in left delt muscle. Took a while to draw up but it did draw. Took him forever to inject though! I'm like come on already!!! Was painful during injection but I didn't really feel any soreness afterwards. Probably because we're talking about a 1/10th of an ml here.

He went to work Thursday and brought home a mountain of 25g 5/8" needles as well as 25g 1 1/2" needles. Gonna be brave and try the 25g. Hope it won't be too bad.

So I wake up Thursday morning and it usually takes every ounce of energy in my body to get up even if I get 8, 9, or 10 hours of sleep! But that morning I felt different. Easier to wake up and more energetic. Could this be the test kicking in already? Not sure. Placebo? Figure I'll know soon enough with the next couple of injections. Thursday is cardio day and that goes well. No noticeable difference but I didn't expect any.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad yiur feeling better. And this is going to be interesting to follow

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Jez,

There are no issues with women using a small does of test, guys just get all freaked out...lol I've done it at a higher dosage (although I thought it was something else) and it was great for mood etc...BUT, you can gain water from it so watch out for that and good luck lady!

Jezebel

Lady Member
Reaction score
Thank you Jen!

If I do happen to retain too much water, I have a bottle of nolvadex that I got as part of my Pinn credit. Thanks to your previous advice.

Hey Jez,

There are no issues with women using a small does of test, guys just get all freaked out...lol I've done it at a higher dosage (although I thought it was something else) and it was great for mood etc...BUT, you can gain water from it so watch out for that and good luck lady!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i think being only 1 or 2 days its in your head. but by a wk in you could be feeling its effect.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The 25 gauge won't hurt and since you are injecting such a small amount it will be very fast and easy! good luck I am following this for sure!

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck on this journey Jezebel, I'll be following this :)

curls

Reaction score
You could try axiron if you want a topical. They have a coupon that you only have to pay 25 a month for the first year. Just switch pharms and you could keep this going for 25 a month. Your doctor will have the coupon or they are also available on the internet.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is going to be interesting jez. Are u taking anything else with the test.
?

Jezebel

Lady Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update for Friday. The energy levels are still pretty good. Had a nice workout in the gym today. Didn't feel any different other than slightly more focused. The next pin is going to be tomorrow morning. Going to try the 25g 1.5 needle in the glute.

And Lulu66, right now the test is the only thing I am taking. I do have anavar 10mg I want to get on but I'm holding out.....for now. ;)

Something I wanted to add about the gel that I totally forgot to mention is my concern of transfer to my 2 and 4 year old. I know one should take precautions but I wouldn't want to risk anything by exposing them.

Jezebel

Lady Member
Reaction score
Saturday morning. Got another 10mg test prop. This time via 25g 1.5in in the right glute. Not too bad at all. Heading out to the gym in a couple of hours for some cardio and weight training. Will update later today to let you know how I feel.

This damn cold I have isn't helping me feel all that great.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will be following this closely Jez. My girl has the same symptoms for about a year now. I'll wait a few weeks til you have more posts and then let her read this. Maybe she'll ride the T train with me :)

Heat the vial before drawing and it'll go quicker. Or you can use the bigger gauge pin to draw and pull the plunger out of the slin pin and backload it that way. That's how most people do it with slins, unless of course you have 12 hrs to spare to draw some gear. Of course you're only pinning .1 cc's so it shouldn't take that long but since it's prop and you'll be pinning more often, you run less chance of scar tissue with a slin. You can inject the test sub q also.

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Definitely following. How did you determine your dosage?

Jezebel

Lady Member
Reaction score
Definitely following. How did you determine your dosage?

Reading up on what little info there is for female test replacement. Seems like women are usually put on about 25-50 mg/week for replacement purposes. So if I pin 10mg every E3D, then looking at almost 25mg per week. I wanted to start out very conservative because the last thing I want is nasty side effects.

After about a month or so, I'll get blood work done so I can see what my levels are at and adjust accordingly.

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine. Keep us updated Jez! Running 25mgs wk I don't think would be harmful. Have a friend who ran 35 and no nasty sides for her. She loved it.

Jezebel

Lady Member
Reaction score
Saturday update. Feel like total crap. Didn't work out and have barely eaten. I'm sick! This cold really kicking my butt. Been trying to rest all day. Hubby keeps teasing me saying I have test flu. Wtf. Going back to sleep. Need rest.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey Jez.....im proud of you,glad you got checked and are on a regime of test,I will be watching this closely,and you will be a great inspiration to alot of ladies...that are terrified of test

Jezebel

Lady Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone. Sorry I've been slacking but I've been sick and just now finally starting to feel better. Pinned another 10mg of test prop earlier this evening in right deltoid. I've gone back to using a 29g 1/2" slin pin. The last injection was 25g 1.5" in right glute and I was sore for a couple of days with only a tenth of a cc! I know, I know....meow! :)

So today marks one full week that I've been taking 10mg of test prop every 72 hours or so and I just want to say it's the best thing I've done in a long time.

Now that I'm not sick anymore, I definitely feel a difference. Much more energetic and focused at the gym. And finally HORNY!!! LOL. It got so bad earlier tonight I jumped my husband twice which I never do anymore so I know he's appreciating it! Clit is a little more sensitive but same size. ;)

I think this dosage is just right for now. Zero sides to speak of, although I know it's only been a week. In about another month or so, I will get bloodwork redrawn and check all levels to see where I am at. If bloodwork looks good and still showing no bad side effects, thinking about incorporating 10mg Var daily with the test and see what it does for me.

Tomorrow is cardio so I'll be up before kids wake up and hop on the treadmill at home.

Thanks to everyone following my adventure! Oh and Creekrat, you better be reading all this for Mrs. Creekrat!

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad to see that everything is running smoothly and that you have zero sides!!! If you add in the Var i'm sure you will be very pleased with the result you get with a lot of hard work!! Keep it up Jez!!!

New Threads