Too Sweet!

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't stand a whiner and never want to come off as one, but there has to be something better. I am trying to lay down a good foundation so when I get some gear I am good to go. I am trying to improve the quantity and quality of my diet. One small part was adding a whey protein shake for post work out. I don't drink soda and use only small amounts of sugar. I picked up a 6lb bag of whey at costco and whipped up a two scoop shake after after an intense work out. WTF! the sweetness was so over the top it was nauseating. I read the package and it comes from sucralose. I pounded it down but it was like drinking straight Nutra sweet with a dash of vanilla. Maybe straight whey tastes like wallpaper paste but I would greatly prefer that. Can someone point me in the right direction? Who makes a Product without added sweetener at a good price?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just add more water. Dilution is the solution to pollution

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^ this. I also found a site you can build your own protien. Protienfactory.com. Has a ton of choices on sweetner and can have no sweetner. Protien with no sweetner tastes and smells like spoiled baby formula just to warn you.

Reaction score
There is another website I can't quite remember that also has no name brand bulk powders in everything at great prices - ie creatine, glutamine. Can anyone help with the name of this website? Bulk???????.com ?

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i use nutraplanet bulk whet, or ntbm buy i dont pay for it so its another story.

Have you thought about bulk bcaa?? i use bcaa 4-5x ED, whey only 1-2x. i also add egg whites, olive oil, peanut butter to make it more natural.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll dilute and suffer through this batch and do my research on a better product. I am trying to go with whole foods for most of my diet and use the protein shake for post work out. Are BCAAs a better alternative? More to learn.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use the shit from sams club. If u dont want something sweet try this shit.... It tastes like Doom. Remmber when u just get out of the gym, shit tastes different. Like for me, even water tastes sweet righ after a hard workout session.

New Threads