Mixing different esters - yes/no/do's/dont's????

pirovoliko

Reaction score
I wanted to get a thread going for some time re this issue. My guess is guys either use different compounds of different esters in a cycle for a variety of reasons - perhaps inexperience, perhaps using what they have on hand, perhaps deliberately for certain benefits...

I understand the benefits/drawbacks of shorter esters vs longer esters in general. Ive personally run one long cycle (test e, var with excellent results), am planning a second long cycle (test, primo, var???), and will be looking into short cycles from thereon. And Ive always thought it best to run compunds with the same duration of action if for no other reason that to just keep things simple as Ive only got once cycle under my belt and am still learning. But i do notice that in many threads, people are mixing them up in their cycles (such as test e, with npp, or tren a, or mast p, for example). So i thought it might be a good idea to get a thread going which centralizes some thoughts and principles and experiences regarding this issue. So please weigh in with yor thoughts, opinions, experiences with past similar cycles using mixed acting compounds, what you might have done differently, advice re beginning certain compunds sooner or later , different durations, etc...or whether its just a bad idea and why. Thanks in advance.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
To me it's simply a matter of keeping track of your injections. It can be a pain in the ass. Otherwise there is no harm in mixing esters.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
perhaps inexperience, perhaps using what they have on hand, perhaps deliberately for certain benefits...

So please weigh in with yor thoughts, opinions, experiences with past similar cycles using mixed acting compounds, what you might have done differently, advice re beginning certain compunds sooner or later , different durations, etc...or whether its just a bad idea and why.

Hello Brother. Well, you basically answered your own question. Let me give you a couple of scenarios:

A guy wants to try Tren - and add it to his jug of test-c. No problem... I would tell him to run tren ace in case he runs it to a problem with it. It is faster in and FASTER OUT of his system should he discover he reacts badly to it.

A guy wants to run 10 week cycles. He needs to run short esters IMO because long esters can take weeks before he sees the benefit - hence the common 'kickstart' suggestion.

Mixing esters is really not a big deal. Yes, it CAN be simpler to use matching esters and can even be more fun when the kick in together simultaneously but it is NOT necessary. Many guys will pin their long esters on Monday and Friday (let's say). They can add a short ester and only add one pin (Wednesday) or can go with the long ester and pin with the existing compound on Monday and Friday.

Also, some short ester compounds are a little 'dryer' than the long ester counterpart. Deca for example can also make it much easier to acquire and retain 'water weight' than NPP.

Value: The long ester (carbon) that is added to the compound is CALCULATED IN THE CONCENTRATION. So, 100mg of test suspension is 100mg of pure Test whereas 100mg of test e is 100mg of test and carbon esters combined.

Another reason is how long post pinning they have to wait for PCT. If you eun a long ester you should wait until it clears before begining PCT. This drags cycles out even longer (as well as the time between cycles) if you run the traditional: OFF TIME= ONE TIME PLUS PCT.

And finally, some people are drug tested and run the short ester so it will clear their system quickly and prior to any testing. TNE (Test suspension) has long been a favorite in major sports for this exact reason - in and out of your system in under a day.

So, you in fact answered your own question.

I hope some of this helps brother.
Respect,
Vette

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
esters are like socks match them up imo

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So to run deca you would run test undeconate with it? Or only run ace and prop together? Not test e or c with ace?

It's all in the users preference. 63 summed it up perfectly. I ran tren ace when I ran it because it was my first experience with tren. I wanted it to clear quick if sides were too bad. I also wanted to be able to adjust my dosage if sides weren't bad. It's all in what you prefer. When you're new, it might be better to stick with something simple and either go all short or all long until you get to know about esters.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well i may be odd,but i run Test Cyp with long and short esters

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I mix shit up all the time. Long esters, short esters, no esters.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
the reason i run test cyp with both esters,is thats what my trt scrip is for,so i just buy it..

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tha biggest thing that is affected by different esthers is the pinning schedule. Al
S long as you can maintain steady levels, you should have no issue. One tjing to keep in mind is that shorter esthers have more active hormone then longer esthers. That means that 200mg test cyp is not the same as 200mg of test und.

New Threads