HRT Guys running cycles or "Blasts"

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Rip I know to whom you were referring and I think you and I have a very similar perspective on this topic.

The fact is most guys out there don't need AAS but that is not what they want to hear. The truth is not something they welcome.

They want to here other guys tell them "You are g2g - do it man!"

Guys what I was getting at was. If everyone who is on this forum, whether it be for researching AAS's, taking AAS's, Considering taking AAS. It basically sounds like your ever telling everyone don't do it, don't take AASs or if u did u shouldn't have.

I personally think that 100% of people DON'T need AAS's. But it's something that we are all very interested in and the number of new users that don't fall into that 0.1% is still going to increase.

Cashout I don't wanna just hear 'your g2g'. I want to hear somethin more constructive about why exactly 99.9% of people on AAS's were wrong to start..

Do you regret starting AAS's??

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey OnlyTheBest: that isn't what Cashout said. The 0.1% he was referring to are the guys on TRT who want to blast. He is saying that we're not healthy enough to do so, and in my case at least he is dead right.

Guys what I was getting at was. If everyone who is on this forum, whether it be for researching AAS's, taking AAS's, Considering taking AAS. It basically sounds like your ever telling everyone don't do it, don't take AASs or if u did u shouldn't have.

I personally think that 100% of people DON'T need AAS's. But it's something that we are all very interested in and the number of new users that don't fall into that 0.1% is still going to increase.

Cashout I don't wanna just hear 'your g2g'. I want to hear somethin more constructive about why exactly 99.9% of people on AAS's were wrong to start..

Cashout

Reaction score
I stated very clearly in my original post to start this thread why 99.9% of guys on HRT don't need to do cycles or blast - they are listed numbers 1 through 4 - go read it again if you missed it.

No I don't regret having done AAS. Again, because I met all four of the criteria I listed in my original post plus I had a well-designed plan and executed it with a clear purpose in mind.

Cashout

Reaction score
Right on point BF - it's about one's health first and in the overwhelming majority of cases, as I have already stated, HRT guys have to focus on health first.

Hey OnlyTheBest: that isn't what Cashout said. The 0.1% he was referring to are the guys on TRT who want to blast. He is saying that we're not healthy enough to do so, and in my case at least he is dead right.

robot lord

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with cashout. Despite the fact that I probably fall in his category of shouldn't be cycling. I understand completely what he is saying and respect it. I did not push my self to my genetic potential before starting HRT/AAS. I did put in about a year and a half of work prior to HRT but I do understand that is a drop in the bucket compared to what it would have taken to max out naturally. Do I regret it? No. I do however have a realistic plan for myself. Two lean bulk cycles a year and HRT. I have given up on the idea of trying to look like a pro bodybuilder. The amount of AAS it takes and the toll on my body are not, as cashout stated, worth the risk for the gain. I do struggle with this from time to time and understand the psychological aspect of thinking a magical transformation will take place if I use the right compounds and dosages. Then reason steps and I realize all that mass is not why I started HRT. I actually have enough at 240 and need to cut it up. I think a solid 225 would be my goal. What I am saying is I know what he means and why he thinks the way he does. Too many of us rely too heavily on AAS. In closing I am glad I am here and this thread makes me think I should step it up a bit and rely more so on my diet and effort. I think that was what cashout intended.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love a good informational debate !!

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I respect all your opinions and I have found this discussion beneficial. Thanks guys i alway find enlightening info on this forum.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great thread, great exchange of ideas.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I understand what Cashout is trying to say and I appreciate the truth. I agree our health should be first priority.
The clinic I was connected with had me doing "cycles" but there was a Doctor onboard and they had me get a physical and complete blood workup on a regular basis. They had me believing that I had to take a break every 10-12 weeks to clean out my receptors. They would have me do a PCT, then go back to HRT or do a cycle of TEST, DECA, and Anavar. It was only 300 test, 150 Deca, and 50 anavar. So according to the guys on this forum, I should have just went back to my regular dose of Test.
I don't understand why that clinic had me doing PCTs, when they knew i was on HRT.
Is it because they have no dea what they are doing?

Cashout

Reaction score
They were not doing HRT. They were doing doctor-supervised cycles as you mentioned.

I understand what Cashout is trying to say and I appreciate the truth. I agree our health should be first priority.
The clinic I was connected with had me doing "cycles" but there was a Doctor onboard and they had me get a physical and complete blood workup on a regular basis. They had me believing that I had to take a break every 10-12 weeks to clean out my receptors. They would have me do a PCT, then go back to HRT or do a cycle of TEST, DECA, and Anavar. It was only 300 test, 150 Deca, and 50 anavar. So according to the guys on this forum, I should have just went back to my regular dose of Test.
I don't understand why that clinic had me doing PCTs, when they knew i was on HRT.
Is it because they have no dea what they are doing?

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This thread is an excellent example of why SI is such a bloody good forum. (Because we're so intelligent, I think.)

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah, I agree that's what it really was, but my original blood-work was proof that I was diagnosed with Hypogonadism. They still said I needed to cycle off of itafter 10-12 weeks.

They were not doing HRT. They were doing doctor-supervised cycles as you mentioned.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I personally think that 100% of people DON'T need AAS's.
Onlythebestwilldo: I'm bumping this thread because it deserves it, and also because I'll argue (nicely) with your quote. A lot of us TRT guys need AASs. I mightn't have made it to here without TRT. The depression was killing me, nearly literally, and there are plenty of people like me.

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fair enough BF. I just got refused trt cus my total test is 399 at 28 yo. So I have been proscribe LDN(low dose naltrexone) ain't started yet because I know little bout this type of treatment. So I'm glad trt is working for u.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Bumping this since we have a lot of new TRT guys talking about cycles.

Yeah, i would be one of them, and i do agree with the main post on this issue, i see no reason for someone that has a lot of health issues to do a cycle, TRT or not.

In my case, the ONLY issue i have going on is the low T. No high blood pressure, no liver, kidney or heart problems. Recent blood
shows everything to be right in line with nothing high or low as far as kidney, liver , cholesterol or anything else.

The only part of this i feel i personally fall into is the part about diet and losing some extra weight first. And that is currently a work in progress.

While the main post is very valid, i dont feel that everyone that is on TRT falls into this. There are those of us out there that do not have any health issues and are on it due to low T symptoms only. And i think that people in that category, with the proper education, and take the appropriate steps as far as training and diet, should not have issues running a cycle if they chose to. Obviously it runs the same risks as everyone else that does it.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i would be one of them, and i do agree with the main post on this issue, i see no reason for someone that has a lot of health issues to do a cycle, TRT or not.

I wasn't calling you out. It's common for every new to guy on TRT to say something along the lines of "Wow, I feel great! What could make me feel even better?"

I think it's important to keep TRT in it's proper context, though. It's therapy. It's meant to bring a man back to "normal" and give a guy back his sense of self, and it always raises a flag with me when those who start TRT and immediately start thinking about cycles. In my mind they really need to be thought of as two separate things.

TRT - Do I want to feel better?
Cycle - Am I willing to get worse?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I wasn't calling you out. It's common for every new to guy on TRT to say something along the lines of "Wow, I feel great! What could make me feel even better?"

I think it's important to keep TRT in it's proper context, though. It's therapy. It's meant to bring a man back to "normal" and give a guy back his sense of self, and it always raises a flag with me when those who start TRT and immediately start thinking about cycles. In my mind they really need to be thought of as two separate things.

TRT - Do I want to feel better?
Cycle - Am I willing to get worse?

Oh no, i didnt take it as being called out at all. But i am one of the new members on TRT that have been talking about doing a cycle. But AAS is something i have thought about doing many many times over the years but never have. The TRT and the effects it has/will have, at least for me has nothing to do with wanting to run a cycle. I have always wanted to be bigger/stronger look better, but i never saw TRT as a way of doing that.
Its just what you called it, therapy.

I was actually thinking of AAS long before i ever started thinking of TRT, its not something i ever considered before until i got back into the gym and noticed how hard of a time i was having getting some of the unwanted crap to go away, so i started doing some research and started reading about TRT therapy. I felt i had some of the other symptoms to go along with the weight so i got the tests done.

I agree thought totally, no one should think of TRT and running a cycle as the same thing with the same effects.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
. I have always wanted to be bigger/stronger look better, but i never saw TRT as a way of doing that.

After being hypogonadal, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the gains you make by just being "normal"

It may not change your thoughts on doing a cycle, but after being on TRT for awhile you will have a different perspective and additional insight to assess the risk/rewards.

New Threads