Size/Weight have affect on amount of MG's that should be used?

Hockeyplaya18

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Says it all in the title...Do you think bigger guys need more MG's a week to have the same affect as someone considerably smaller than them?? Or do you believe it all depends on the person, no matter the size??

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A little of both. Some people respond well to low doses and some do not an it only makes sense that a bigger person would need more. Basically a graph with 2 curves that each person needs to find where their 2 curves intersect for optimal results

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmm pretty sure its how big your Dick is.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on the preson and the level of hormones they start with!

Hockeyplaya18

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, Im 257 and 6'5 13% bodyfat. My good friend is 5'9 190 same bodyfat, we both want to run a cycle of Test E, should I run it at 600-750mg, while he should only run 400-600mg to achieve the same results?? Or would 500mg a piece yield the same results. Lets say gain 15-20lbs, and lose 1% body fat.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well to me A LOT OF WHAT U PUT INTO IT, U WILL GET OUT OF IT, if u dose test at 500 and dont do enough for the effects and or ur diet is not on par, then it wont do as much, but for u who has prolly done a bit more in this realm, u may have the legg up on ur buddy, but then again he may blow up do to his body type, and how the test effects him in regards to aromitization, e2, factors and all the other hormones involved within the human body... hell u might be stronger than him wich allows u to lift more and thus possibly throw that much more on,

no 2 people are alike in anything, especially work ethic, aas usage, and commitment,

id say take the least amount of aas in order to accomplish ur goals, 1% can be lost thru diet alone, imo,

stay at the lower end, especially if ur buddy has not done test, it can effect him differently....

just my .02!!

aw shit dawg its about to get reaaallll!! now that was an awesome post! rep it up!! haha

good luck!

Hockeyplaya18

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That situation was hypathetical btw, haha. Ive already ran Test 600mg/week, it was just an example :)

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The answer to the question is no size does not matter with aas.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, it would have more to do with blood volume

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont think so. We are talking about hormones here, because you weight more, it doesnt mean you have more receptors then the 180 lb guy.
Also aas is not directly causing the weight gains, is other procesess trigered by them. Contrary to lets say, pain killers, were the actual drug is going to the receptors and causing the desired effect. In this case pain relief.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the amount and has everything to do with diet, training, and genetics. The 6'5" guy will probably have a harder time packing on the same amount because of the amount of food he has to eat compared to the little fella. Plus when you've been training and cycling for awhile, your genetics play a huge factor on how much you put on and keep. Your body can only hold onto so much due to genetics. That's why the 300lbs monsters run gh and slin and grams and grams of gear just to add an extra 5lbs a year. Plus they have to stay on to stay big because thier body's wouldn't hold onto that much muscle on its own.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the amount and has everything to do with diet, training, and genetics. The 6'5" guy will probably have a harder time packing on the same amount because of the amount of food he has to eat compared to the little fella. Plus when you've been training and cycling for awhile, your genetics play a huge factor on how much you put on and keep. Your body can only hold onto so much due to genetics. That's why the 300lbs monsters run gh and slin and grams and grams of gear just to add an extra 5lbs a year. Plus they have to stay on to stay big because thier body's wouldn't hold onto that much muscle on its own.
well said brother,i know i have problems putting on weight because of my size,cause i havet to eat a shitload of food,its tough on bigger folks for sure

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why it isn't bodyweight dependant? I think we all know that for some substances, like say alcohol just to give an example, the bigger the person the more it takes to get the same effect. (And obviously alcohol isn't a hormone, I'm just trying to frame my question)

I'd be curious to know why AAS doesn't work that way, if anyone has a medical, hormonal explanation. Wouldn't more muscle have more androgen receptors, which would require more mgs of AAS to saturate to the same degree as someone with less muscle?

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No matter how big you are your hormone producing organs will still produce close to the same amount of hormones as the next guy. The amount of hormones produced by people vary based off of genetics. This is why we have a scale for hormone levels in the medical field....because all people are not the same. Your organs do not produce hormones based on weight. If that was the case then fat people would not be making less thyroid hormone then skinny people or visa versa. We can also relate this to adrenaline...aka epinephrine....why do we give all people the same dose of adrenaline when their heart stops? Because no matter what size they are their heart will work the same off of that dose as the other dead guys heart.

That was kind of a shitty explanation lol

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
But, if test is measured in a blood test in ng/dl, or some measure of concentration per volume, then a 280 lb person testing at 400 ng/dl would have more total grams or test in their body than a 150 lb person testing at 400 ng/dl, because they have more total blood volume at the same concentration of test.

So it would seem that a 150 lb guy injecting 500 mgs of test a week, releasing lets say 50 mgs from ester form on a certain day, just for arguements sake, because he has less blood volume than the 280 lb person his blood concentration in ng/dl would be higher than the 280 lb person injecting that same amount, assuming 50 mgs releases into the blood stream on a given day.

Of course, everyone responds to hormones differently, so this isn't to say that it will be less effective to use the same amount on a larger person, because it's an extremely complicated system with many many variables.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I see what your sayIng but to make the argument very easy with no real scientific approach I will just say this....all weight based drugs are measured in mg/kg or g/kg or mcg/kg....steroids are just mg/ml lol so we know right there it's not weight based...

As far as the patholophysiological explanation goes I think an endo would be able to explain this far better....and it is something thatI would be interested in knowing the answer to as well....not very important but def interesting

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So thinking more about this and how steroids work I believe that it comes down to how many receptors a person has. Receptors can only bind with so much hormone until they are saturated leaving the excess hormone remaining in the blood. So if this theory is correct then the actual weight of the person would have no bearing on the amount of aas needed but rather the amount of muscle mass one would have vs another. Therefore meaning that the more muscular person would be able to use a higher dosage and actually get more out of it then a less muscular but larger person would due to the number of receptors each has....that's all I can come up with on a pathophysiological playing field

New Threads