Thanks

Test esters conversion to E2

Question is anyone ever seen studies on the ester converting to their E2 form ie estradiol enanthate?

Aromatase has plenty of time to oxidize the methyl group at carbon 10. The ester attached doesn't seem to participate. Just like when the molecule is cleaved by esterase the methyl group at C10 is not affected.

The theory should be short esters doesn't give enough time to aromatize to any appreciable extent. Too bad it'll never be tested due to money and "ethics" of testing the great boogeyman on humans.

I've never been a fan of long esters due to personally bloating up like the Stay Puft Man. Prop and suspension all the way, all day. Even without an AI at 100mg ED. Never got the bloat and stayed pretty dry.

I ate pretty dirty too. Made sure I got complete proteins/kg body weight, but fast food joints were my friend.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 893 Posts

Re: Test esters conversion to E2

i use test cyp all the time,and mine converts to estrogen very fast,i dont have any gyno,etc...but test conversion to estrogen is crazy for me,but my BF is 18-19%,i dont know if tht has anything to do with it or not,also on trt i have to take a small amount of aromasin as well,because hcg adds in a little estrogen too

Thanks

That is a very interesting theory. This is the first I've heard of aromatization of hormones that are still bound to an ester... But it is consistent with some things people have said about the differences with prop and enanthate. Bump for get some or cobra or some other smart ass people to get in here and lay knowledge down.

Thanks

Just looking at the mechanism, the ester group doesn't contribute to the resonance of the molecule while it's undergoing conversion. So in theory it can and does convert. It has been over a decade since I took OChem 2. Never thought memorizing all that bullshit would come in handy.

Thanks

But, is it possible that it has less affinity to convert than free test? I don't know enough about it to judge that for sure.

Thanks

For me, cyp makes me much more "puffy/bloated" than prop...even HIGH prop. I do think that bf% has a significant effect on tests conversion to estro though as well. When i'm 14-15% I seem to get much more "watery" than when i'm sub-10%.

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand the question.

If the question is can the ester (Carbon/alcohol/Acid) addition to a compound convert to E2 that would be a very big NO.

If the question is does a long ester more readily aromitize than a short ester the answer again is 'No'.

If you are pinning a short ester (prop for example) you are doing so more frequently. Therefore, the availability of both a short (prop) ester (Unless you are talking No Ester) and a compound/hormone is still in your system at all times during your cycle and available to be broken down and absorbed or aromatized.

Homeostasis also further insures that the same level of effort will be made by your body for the same ratios of test/Estrogen in an attempt to keep you in your normal/natural state/ratios.

The primary difference in USE of long and short esters is that the ester itself is used in calculating the concentration. So, if you have 20mg of TNE- it contains 20 mg of test.

On the other hand if you have 20mg of test 'e', you have less than 20mg of test and the rest is the ester.

So, you actually get more for your money when you pick a short ester; however, you spend that in alcohol swabs and needles so there you go....

That's my two-cents,
    Respect,
    Vette

Thanks

Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    i use test cyp all the time,and mine converts to estrogen very fast,i dont have any gyno,etc...but test conversion to estrogen is crazy for me,but my BF is 18-19%,i dont know if tht has anything to do with it or not,also on trt i have to take a small amount of aromasin as well,because hcg adds in a little estrogen too
    Higher BF% and the conversion to estro can be greater. A study was done and said that people with higher BF percentages much higher than yours bullseye, had their test aromatize at a greater rate than those with a lower percentage.

Thanks

Vette, I believe the question is:

"Can test aromatize while it's bound to an ester?"

So, can it aromatize while it's in ester form waiting to be broken down and released into the bloodstream? And if so, would this imply that long esters have more time to sit around and aromatize while still in ester form than short esters?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    Vette, I believe the question is:

"Can test aromatize while it's bound to an ester?"

So, can it aromatize while it's in ester form waiting to be broken down and released into the bloodstream? And if so, would this imply that long esters have more time to sit around and aromatize while still in ester form than short esters?
    Gotcha- thanks.

I would stick with my original premise that if a long ester will, so will a short ester as it is the test that aromitizes and not the ester. Now, the question requires some research but because certain "...factors are known to increase aromatase activity including age, obesity, insulin, gonadotropins and alcohol. Aromatase activity is decreased by prolactin, anti-Müllerian hormone. Aromatase activity appears to be enhanced in certain estrogen-dependent local tissue next to breast tissue, endometrial cancer, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids." (Wikipedia)

So, we already know that the conversion to estrogen is caused by aromatase and that A.) it must be present and B.) must recognize the hormone as testosterone and this I believe is wherein the answer lies.

If the Aromatase enzyme does not (and I believe it DOES NOT) recognize the estered testosterone as Testosterone (After all our body does not recognize or use the estered test) and a bindable testosterone molecule then no change in to estrogen or any subsequent binding is possible.

So, in short, I do NOT believe that an estered test can be aromatized and therefore there is (IMHO) no possibility that unless test is 'free test' or test without an ester attached it cannot and will not aromatize.

This is my opinion and not scientific fact. I am very interested in hearing what others say.

Thanks

Found a pubmed article by googling: Aromatase and testosterone fatty acid esters: the search for a cryptic biosynthetic pathway to estradiol esters.

Apparently esters of E2 aren't created by aromatase. From testAce to an ester longer than undecanoate.