hello computer nerds....

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And meatheads....quick question...

If a person is banned from a board and then they go out and get a VPN such as BTGUARD and start a new account using the VPN....how could the board ban them again or recognize who they are (without using their personality or typing traits)??? I realize most of the banning is characterized by IP addresses but a VPN allows for a different ip address with every log in.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
U banned on Ology again?

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe the board has an IP log associated with the user name ? Never seen admins screens but seems simple
For example if my ip today was xxxxxx1 and tomorrow it was xxxxxx2 I would assume something fishy

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No herm...they can't catch me lol

Four... yes they could make that assumption but many people use vpns and just because they do doesn't mean they have been banned previously

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When someone is determined to get a new IP address there is little you can do. We had an issue with a person writing computer programs to download product information off our site. We banned them by IP address, but if they change IP address then we have to filter for activity and then ban the IP address again.

I would hazard a guess that you could get a list of VPN/Proxy IP addresses and highlight all user accounts that are on these addresses as needing further followup. There are lists of IP addresses for proxy - although they may well be for pay - im not sure about that.

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You also need to clear your cache and cookies.