Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Biceps Suck!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,097 Times in 7,789 Posts

My Biceps Suck!

Feel like such a newb posting some shit like this, but man I hate my arms. My biceps are terrible. Shit my triceps kinda suck too. I'm no bodybuilder so I don't freak out about it, but it would be nice if I could get my arms to grow. You guys got anything for me to try? I lift 3x per week and since I'm a powerlifter its generally the big three each on their own day plus accessories.

Hit me! (feel free to talk shit about my skrawny arms and belly I can take it! )

"Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

Re: My Biceps Suck!

If thats a belly than Im in trouble.

So in the powerlifting training, no bicep training is incorportated at all? I can see how they are not growing if you dont train them with your routine.

I have your same prob but with my legs, but I train the shit out of them but they are steadily growing. My arms and back grow much easier.
    "There are only two days in the year nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow"

Thanks

You look strong! Like Bull! That being said, how about pull ups brother? Do you do them? Reverse grip and a hammer grip. If you're not doing them do them every 3 days...assisted or whatever...they will spark new growth!
    You mentioned your tri's? Dips dips and dips. Bar work brother.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 550 Posts

I use to do strictly powerlifting but have recently switched to a more bodybuilder type routine and have noticed my biceps coming along nicely.

I hit biceps 2x / week, I have a day just for bis/tris and again indirectly on back day from all the pulling motions.. I start with a barbell lift- olympic barbell or ez-curl bar- do 4 sets x 6 using a little momentum to power through last reps. then dumbbell hammer curls for 3 sets x 8 with strict form. The dumbbell curls make sure you fully extend your arm at the bottom of the motion-->stretches the bicep to help fill out the lower portions. Also pause at the top of the motion to emphasize the bicep peak, I double pump at the top of the motion by squeezing at the top, dropping the weight down 2 inches and squeeze again

My biceps are pretty weak because I neglected them for so long..my triceps are pretty solid in comparison--> close-grip bench press and weighted dips are the shit for triceps
    I <3 My Source

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 550 Posts

I use to do strictly powerlifting but have recently switched to a more bodybuilder type routine and have noticed my biceps coming along nicely.

I hit biceps 2x / week, I have a day just for bis/tris and again indirectly on back day from all the pulling motions.. I start with a barbell lift- olympic barbell or ez-curl bar- do 4 sets x 6 using a little momentum to power through last reps. then dumbbell hammer curls for 3 sets x 8 with strict form. The dumbbell curls make sure you fully extend your arm at the bottom of the motion-->stretches the bicep to help fill out the lower portions. Also pause at the top of the motion to emphasize the bicep peak, I double pump at the top of the motion by squeezing at the top, dropping the weight down 2 inches and squeeze again

My biceps are pretty weak because I neglected them for so long..my triceps are pretty solid in comparison--> close-grip bench press and weighted dips are the shit for triceps
    I <3 My Source

Thanks
    Originally Posted by JOMO View Post
    If thats a belly than Im in trouble.

So in the powerlifting training, no bicep training is incorportated at all? I can see how they are not growing if you dont train them with your routine.

I have your same prob but with my legs, but I train the shit out of them but they are steadily growing. My arms and back grow much easier.
    Once a week I will do 3 sets of either barbell or dumbbell curls. That is just for elbow health.

They are hit indirectly plenty though that's why I limited it. In years past I used to do much more volume on my arms and didn't see much in return then.

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by biggerben692000 View Post
    You look strong! Like Bull! That being said, how about pull ups brother? Do you do them? Reverse grip and a hammer grip. If you're not doing them do them every 3 days...assisted or whatever...they will spark new growth!
    You mentioned your tri's? Dips dips and dips. Bar work brother.
    I do pull-ups 3 times per week. I'll start rotating my grip around though.

Tri's... Yeah I hear you on dips. I put so much effort into bench that I usually pass on those cause my triceps are exhausted. Guess I have to leave some gas in the tank

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    I do pull-ups 3 times per week. I'll start rotating my grip around though.

Tri's... Yeah I hear you on dips. I put so much effort into bench that I usually pass on those cause my triceps are exhausted. Guess I have to leave some gas in the tank
    For some reason its difficult for me to switch up routines but I make I do make some changes from time to time. About every 3 workouts on chest day I make weighted dips my first exercise and then move on to the bench. Gotta try and confuse your body and switch things up.

Thanks

...... but you have a great stache brother .....

Spider Curls, Preacher Curls, Cable curls to burn out.... Isolate the **** out of them and use perfect form very slowly. Your biceps are you smallest muscle group. In spite of that I have an entire day devoted to biceps/abs. When you work biceps make sure you work both muscles... when you curl dumbbells turn your grip so your pinky is higher than your thumb and notice which head is worked, then do the opposite (i.e. Hammer Curls) and see that the other head is being worked. Be sure you work both muscles.

Triceps make up 2/3 or your arms so hit those hard too... the hardest part of those to train is the long head (IMO) so do plenty of dumbbell kick-backs.

I'm with biggerben - you lookem' strong like bull to me too....

Thanks
    Thanked 8,308 Times in 4,460 Posts

looking thick and strong pob

Thanks
    Thanked 9,971 Times in 4,964 Posts

You're jacked, Mate! Look like you could put that place on your back and squat it for reps.

Thanks

hahaha love the pic, and handlebar moustache!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,194 Posts

1 day a week you should just burn the **** out of those arms...

You look strong like a silverback gorilla though.
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 5,506 Times in 2,302 Posts

Fro tri's bro after your max and dynamic bench work your 1st assistant work is always tri's, switching up close grip bench with skull crshers no dips needed save them shoulder to like weight on a bar and you would end your session with pulls or hammer curls if interested in doing bi's.

Bi's will come from pulling and rowing trust me on that!
    Knock Em Down and Keep Em Down!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,308 Times in 4,460 Posts

jerk off with both hands pob thats my secret

Thanks

Thing is you have to pick or chose Powerlifter or diddy around with many movements.

Powerlifting you have to be smart and not exert your CNS.

Max effort is 3 sets of 1's, 2's, 3 or 4 to 5 sets of 5's then stop don't keep going you stop and do assistant work which will be reps or 5 to 12.

ME Day Example

Max Effort Bench

Assistant Work

Close grip for tri's
    Rows
    Rear delts
    Pull ups

ME Day

Max Squat, Pull or GM

Some type of liker deadlift work, GM or Squat like Close Stance or Zercher
    Some type of ham work like glute ham raise, pull through or something different then above
    Abs

Thanks

Thats real close to what I do. You see my log at TID. So I don't do all that much for arms except I'll put a good hurting on tri's a couple days a week...

Thanks

Thats real close to what I do. You see my log at TID. So I don't do all that much for arms except I'll put a good hurting on tri's a couple days a week...
    I just bought a SSB and now I'm able to squat again!

I hated not squatting because of surgical needs.

Thanks

Thats ****in awesome news man!!!!

Thanks

Thats ****in awesome news man!!!!
    I even pulled out my old loose suit to wear straps down just encase the itch gets stronger.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast