Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stepping up....

Thanks

Cool Stepping up....

Not sure if this is the best forum or not for this post, but HRT is kind of where it all started for me so here it is.

I began my HRT journey with Chip/Maximus back in August of 2011 and started my 3J Modified Carb Cycle diet a month later. I feel like I had really great results initially. After several months I struggled to keep up with the mass quantities of food required on the modified carb diet and not long after my weight training began to suffer. I never changed my routine and seemed to lose intensity at the gym.

About two months ago I got back on the mountain bike looking to finally lose the belly flab that seems to have been with my since Michael Jackson was actually black. I got into a routine of massive amounts of bike based cardio combined with a diet focused mostly on calorie deficit and little else and wasn't in the gym at all. Long story short, although I lost some fat initially, I think the excessive cardio combined with restricted calories was eating away at my muscle while the fat loss came to a halt.

I have decided to work with Helios Nutrition and hope to have my first consult with Spongy soon. I have an appointment tomorrow with one of the trainers at the gym I use. I know my nutrition has been way off for a while, my cardio, until recently has been excessive and I just got back in the gym last week and I felt like I haven't pushed myself in the gym for months.

On a positive note, I look way better than I did 15 months ago and way, way better than I did 24 months ago. I have restricted my alcohol intake to no more than 4 glasses of wine per week. My travel job, which has always been a challenge, will not require any travel until 2013.

I feel like I just need some help to cross the river, so to speak. My belly measures 33 inches, which is about 8 inches less than 2007 and at the same time seems like losing the next 3 inches is a million times harder than the previous 8. As I said in a previous post, when I look in the mirror I really can't believe how close I am to a hard body and at the same time I can't believe how elusive it can be sometimes.

At the end of the day, you have to decide what your going to do. I could lay up and accept what I have accomplished as "good enough" and I'd be better off than most men in their 40's, but I also know better to give up now. I feel like I'm about 15 or so pounds of fat away from real good definition, from being at the beach and WANTING to take my shirt off instead of perferring to leave it on.

15 or so pounds away from women asking my wife what it's like to **** me because I am so hard and her responding with "your imagination couldn't even begin to process it"......

It doesn't really sound like a lot, 15 pounds.

So, with all that said, at 44 years old, with over a year under my belt of good HRT I'm looking for help and support from every possible source, including SI. I'm not going to lay up and cruise just because I no longer have moobs and can actually see my dick when I look down, and it actually works. I'm going to do whatever it takes to get my bodyfat down below 12% (to start) and maintain 180 pounds.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress and thanks in advance for your support...............

Thanks

Re: Stepping up....

First of all... nice work so far.

Second... never ever ever ****ing ever give up!

Third... throw up some pics bro.

When you are asking what you can do are you trying to get advice on another compound? You're hooked up with a dietitian so thats a good start. Running some var along with your TRT can help...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,793 Posts

We started with Maximus at pretty much the same time. Keeping motivated can sometimes be a challenge. I'm sure that with Spongy & all of SI on your side that you'll get that extra 15 lbs off. Best of luck Bro & keep us posted.

Thanks

Yeah man ull be in good hands with sponge! Im about to get my diet from him and restart my hrt with maximus as well, cant wait!

Hopefully ull log it all to get help from peeps on here

Thanks

I am going to use the forum to post updates and keep myself motivated. I have noticed a correlation with my diet and workout consistency and forum usage. The more I am on the forum, the better I do with diet and training.

I will have to take some fresh pics...I can't find the last ones I used.

Thanks

cool, cant wait for updates, i actually just restarted on my maximus regiman again, because last time my bp and cholesterol went thru the roof!!

dont forgrt to give blood every like 8 weeks i think it is!

Thanks

Well, I met with my new trainer for the first time this morning. It was painfully obvious my prior workouts lacked sufficient intensity. We worked out for 45 minutes and I was sweating profusely and still can barely walk.

My stats are

Height 5'9"
    weight 180 fasted and buck naked
    BF% 19

My goal is to drop my body fat 5% by the end of the year. I figure with proper nutrition, dialed in HRT and proper training that should be realistic.

I travel on business for the last time tomorrow and return next Tuesday. My diet and workouts start in one week.

Stay tuned.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,793 Posts

Very nice bro! glad to hear your on your way.

Thanks

is it bad that i was on the same plan and wanted more food? lol

Thanks

Alright, here is my "starting" pic. I just took this 5 minutes ago and I have basically looked like this for the last several months.

100_1330.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,266 Posts

well theres work to be done but i was expecting to see worse. lots of TRT/HRT guys here, you wont have any issue getting advice.

GL man, remember................this is the start of your quest. long road ahead......

Thanks

Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    well theres work to be done but i was expecting to see worse. lots of TRT/HRT guys here, you wont have any issue getting advice.

GL man, remember................this is the start of your quest. long road ahead......

My waist was over 40 inches back in 2007 and I look like a badass when I wear a shirt....Lol

Thanks

You do not look bad at all brother. You got that FIT look..

Oh yeah one more thing: I think it's time to change the date in your camera..

Thanks

Originally Posted by corvettels3 View Post
    You do not look bad at all brother. You got that FIT look..

Oh yeah one more thing: I think it's time to change the date in your camera..
    Thanks bro... As they say, everything is relative. Although I have had flab most of my life and was downright fat for a couple years, this is probably the best I have looked since I graduated from Basic Training in 1986.

What has me fired up is how far I have already come since my peak weight of 215 (mostly fat) in 2007. Simply stated, I feel close enough to redouble my efforts. My 12 week goal is to lose a mere 15 pounds of fat. It just doesn't sound like a big number to me. I know it won't be easy, but I keep saying "it's just 15 pounds".

I suspect will look a helluva lot better at 14% BF than I do at 19%.

Thanks

You're doing great, you have alot to work with!!! I'll show you a bad pic! lol.

Thanks

Thanks man. I've got a couple bad ones as well....

Thanks

Originally Posted by ccpro View Post
    You're doing great, you have alot to work with!!! I'll show you a bad pic! lol.
    I didn't say you could use my pics! )

Thanks
    Thanked 9,833 Times in 4,909 Posts

Keep the faith, Mate! You've come so far already!!

As was mentioned, this game is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep that beach visual in your mind as motivation when you're tired and not feeling like hitting the gym, or when you're tempted to cheat on The Sponge (great call connecting with him - I roll the same way )

Stay strong and thanks for the share! Sub'ed for updates!

- Savage

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,266 Posts

you have to let the past go. thats over with. you are changing yourself, for the better. Dont worry about 2007 or anything other than the nex few days ahead. thats all you can controll, but thats all you need.L-)

keep you head up bro

Thanks
    Thanked 18,092 Times in 7,788 Posts
    That pic ain't bad. Looks like you have the foundations there. Proper diet will take care of that.

Work your ass off and you'll see what you want.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast