Thanks

A GOOD READ: Oral Antibiotics for Hormonal Acne- Learn From My Experience

Hi guys-
    Just want to share with you my experience with prescribed antibiotics for acne. I went to my derm and he first prescribed Doxycycline 100mg/2xD and I was on that for about 4 months. The Doxy worked for about 45 days, I was clearing up nicely, but then it suddenly stopped working.

Go back to my derm and explain that the Doxy stopped working and I had broken out badly. He then prescribes Minocycline 100mg/2xD, which is supposed to be stronger and work better. The Mino worked very well for about 2 months, then I gradually started breaking out again.

BOTH of these antibiotics have tough side effects: Causes stomach issues, i.e. pain and discomfort, nausea. EXTREME sensitivity to sunlight. I would put sunblock on and still burn. These antibiotics also caused me to be lethargic and I just felt like shit.

To top it all off, these are ONLY temporary fixes. The derm's answer is to keep switching the antibiotics.

I finally said "**** THIS!!!" I stopped taking them and i DID FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS: It's called "The Regimen". It is 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and AHA. It works when you use it EVERYDAY. You will also need to locate and use a mild cleaner (NOT SOAP) that is non-comedogenic (won't clog pores).

Here is a direct link to these products, while not cheap, they work when used as directed:

http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/kit-back-s.htm

AND here are the instructions on how to properly utilize these products:

http://www.danielkern.com/articles.asp?id=168

In closing, my acne is going away using these products. I hope this helps some guys that have acne issues.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 893 Posts

Re: A GOOD READ: Oral Antibiotics for Hormonal Acne- Learn From My Experience

thanks for the good post brother

Elite
    Thanks

I use my wife's cleaning supplies from Mary Kays, there not cheap but they do work.

Thanks

Clinique for men has an awesome face/body cleanser and also accutane, i used this in high school and it cleared shit right up but u need to drink a ton of water while on it,

Some say later in life accutane causes hernais??? Anyone have info on this side effect?

Nice posting a!!

Thanks

Adrian there some cream called crema Santa . It's a cream u put on before bed and u wash Ur face in the morning. If u interested pm me.
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

Nice info dude. I'll check this out my friend.

Thanks

[QUOTE=j2048b;44077]Clinique for men has an awesome face/body cleanser and also accutane, i used this in high school and it cleared shit right up but u need to drink a ton of water while on it,

Some say later in life accutane causes hernais??? Anyone have info on this side effect?

Well shit I'd like to know if there's any truth in that. I used accutane back in the day and just last year suffered from a lower inguinial hernia that seemed to come outta nowhere

Thanks

[QUOTE=SHRUGS;44203]
    Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    Clinique for men has an awesome face/body cleanser and also accutane, i used this in high school and it cleared shit right up but u need to drink a ton of water while on it,

Well shit I'd like to know if there's any truth in that. I used accutane back in the day and just last year suffered from a lower inguinial hernia that seemed to come outta nowhere
    yeah ive had 2 hernias and possible have a few more, read somewhere and got one of those dumb emails that stated class action lawsuit against accutane makers, blah blah blah... causeses hernias

so i need to do more research...