Best way to warm up gear before pinning

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Guys,

Sorry for what seems to be a stupid question but Id really like to know the best way to warm up gear pre-pin to make the pin smoother and easier. Never had an issue, but would like to know just in case.

I know most ways include either placing the vial in hot water, or syringe in hot water , or blow drying the /vial syringe...but Im most worried about doing it right, whatever the method, to preserve sterility.

So give me your terchniques and please try and be as specific as you can when it comes to sterility. Thanks

Reaction score
When I first started I would draw then place the needle cap back on and then run the syringe under hot water, making sure to avoid the needle/cap if possible. Helps injection a bit but you really don't need to--I would probably start doing it again if I start going 2+ cc at one time.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I first started I would draw then place the needle cap back on and then run the syringe under hot water, making sure to avoid the needle/cap if possible. Helps injection a bit but you really don't need to--I would probably start doing it again if I start going 2+ cc at one time.

This is what I do. And over 2cc's.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1) Heat 1" of water in a coffee cup in your microwave for 2 minutes.
2) Place bottles in warm water. Let stand for 1-2 mins.
3) Fill pin with warm oil.
4) ???
5) Profit.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Preserve sterility? I fill a glass with hot tap water and let the syringe sit in it. You're not going to hurt yourself like this... or by letting the vial sit in hot water. If I have time I'll soak my syringes otherwise I just pin it.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use my girls hair dryer.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

x2x........

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Preserve sterility? I fill a glass with hot tap water and let the syringe sit in it. You're not going to hurt yourself like this... or by letting the vial sit in hot water. If I have time I'll soak my syringes otherwise I just pin it.

This is why you alcohol swab the vial after it's warm bro.

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I rollup my pin in a heating pad for 10 minutes.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Zeek rolls the pin up his ass for 10 minute =))

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've never warmed gear unless it crashed. If you're in a really cold climate and storing your gear along an outside wall, move it inwards to a warmer storage location or simply keep what you pin on your cable box or some heat producing electronic device (if needed).

If PIP is an issue....it's not the temp of the gear unless your pinning it straight from the fridge.

If using a needle ga smaller then a 23 (IDK WTF guys do this for) then heating your gear may make sense, but using a 23 ga makes The Most Sense.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
No i use 23. never really had PIP, just thought id ask. Whatever PIP i experienced in the very beginning is now long gone by week 3...virgin muscle i guess

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No i use 23. never really had PIP, just thought id ask. Whatever PIP i experienced in the very beginning is now long gone by week 3...virgin muscle i guess

I've used smaller ga, I always "stir" the needle more then the ga size is worth. So an easy push is worth the slightly larger hole. Unless a guy has Prop or Phenlyprop allergies or pinning water based conversions.....there is no reason for PIP.

New Threads