tennis elbow

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever had tennis elbow?
I think i have it. Going to doc today. Thid sucks im in middle of cycle.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Te sucks.. my bro had it and had to get an operation for it now it's better

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hope its not that bad. All i know is it hurts like hell when i try to grip something. Just when my cycle was going good...

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Rest Ice compression elevation. Only about one in a hundred cases requires surgery. I have had it with both elbows. A wrap that helps hold the ligament in place will help but if you don't take a couple of weeks and rest it it will not heal.

Make sure you keep your elbows snug to your sides when you curl and keep your pinky higher than your thumb. This will help.

Best of luck bro,
Vette

Reaction score
I've had tendonitis. It blows. I had to wrap my forearm and just take it easy on things like reverse curls. It's gone now.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah well im going to doc today. I drive a vac truck and it's a bitch shifting gears and connecting 4" hoses

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Ive also had it and vettes right on the money. Big thing is to ice it and rest it for a while. Then a wrap will help. Hope its not too serious..

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Rest Ice compression elevation. Only about one hundred cases requires surgery. I have had it with both elbows. A wrap that helps hold the ligament in place will help but if you don't take a couple of weeks and rest it it will not heal.

Make sure you keep your elbows snug to your sides when you curl and keep your pinky higher than your thumb. This will help.

Best of luck bro,
Vette

Yea and if lifting heavy ensure to us wraps, anytime I go over 400, I wrap both arms and it helps.

Live2Train

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah bro, I've had it pretty bad. It hurt to pull the covers over myself at night. Getting a gallon of milk out of the fridge was a nightmare. It took a long ass time, but it finally went away. The muscle is still soft where it was hurt. The other side is rock solid. It's pretty damn weird if you ask me, but it's still just as strong. Good luck bro, but like Vette said you need to rest the damn thing if you want it to heal.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks, mine pretty much maintains as tendonitis but flares up and it's brutal. I've been doing light biceps for 8 mos.now, very light and slow stretch...hurts like a bitch. You got to let it heal, then come back very slow.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Compression and blood into the area help more than anything.....Whatever it takes to get more blood in there will help. Use some sort of wraps when lifting. Elbow sleeves arent enough. http://www.roguefitness.com/voodoo-floss-bands.php These things are really nice for compression before a work out. Massage the shit out of it, that will help get blood in there. I never noticed much from using ice on a tendon.....keeping it warm and compressed always worked best for me.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
so should i stop cycle and let the tendons heal or should i just lighten up on the workout?

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt stop......if you cant work through it, work around it....

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It depends how bad it is. When mine was at it's worst I could hardly lift a carton of milk. Some exercises will need to be avoided. For example when mine is flaired up I can't do seated DB curls, but I can do some close grip EZ bar curls or close grip cables. What helped me the most was icing the crap out of it & stretching the forearm and some massage.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah it hurts pretty bad when i try to curl or do hamner curls but not so bad when i bench. I just dont want to make it worse but i also dont want to lose any gains from not working out

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah it hurts pretty bad when i try to curl or do hamner curls but not so bad when i bench. I just dont want to make it worse but i also don't want to lose any gains from not working out

Brother, stop the hammer curls, reverse grip curls and Arnold dumbbell presses immediately!

There is a wrap for the knees that is a huge help. I will find it and find the link and post it for you. it works really well for your elbow but if you do not rest it it will not heal. No way around it. Tennis elbow is a tendon that has pulled away from the bone and it lays on top of it until you flex or squeeze you hand and it shortens. Every time you do that it pulls away again rather than binding and healing. That's why a little band preventing seperation can help so much!

http://www.familyotc.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CD3462652&Click=5531&gdftrk=gdfV21400_a_7c650_a_7c4994_a_7cCD3462652&gclid=CJvOwLzJ4rICFQSEnQodxm8Ajg

New Threads