Running Tren > Test: My Experience

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It seems the debate will rage on endlessly between the two predominant schools of thoughts on this topic: is it better to run Tren > Test or vise verse?

I thought I'd share my experience.

Experience: been in the gym since I was 13. Lifting regularly ever since.

Cycles: I'm on TRT and blast & cruise. Have now two Tren cycles completed (nearly).

1st Tren Blast: 400 Mg Test E / 400 Mg Tren E / 400 Mg Mast E: this ended-up being a 14 week 'blast' during which I achieved a massive recomp and added a metric fawk-ton of gym strength. Diet was carb cycling, and slightly below maintenance. Sides were present, but not severe. Bit of insomnia (I never sleep well anyway), occasional bought of night sweats - nothing requiring a change of sheets :) . Libido was decent to good, I'll rate a 3.5 on a 5 point scale. Bloods at the conclusion of this blast showed my E2 had spiked and as such I increased my AI (I ran 'stane throughout).

2nd Tren Blast: 200 Mg Test E / 300 mg Tren E / 400 Mg Mast E: my present blast, 14 weeks with 4 remaining. Night sweats have been SEVERE. Routinely soaking the sheets, using bath towels as buffers to the box spring, etc. Insomnia has also been severe. I've taken to tossing 50 Mg of Diphenhydramine before hitting the rack to give myself hope of actually falling asleep rather than just passing out from exhaustion after tossing and turning all night. Gym results are good, strength is up, diet is more a lean bulker this time around (thank you Sponge!) but fatigue from poor sleep is catching-up with me in a big way, impacting quality of life.

My thoughts: am contemplating bumping my Test up to 400 Mg for the next 6 weeks and leaving all else constant to see if doing so will actually abate some of the undesirable sides brought on by the Tren. Am also considering (possibly post Test increase) abandoning the notion of blasting and cruising entirely and instead settling on a self-prescribed TRT cruise of 200 Mg Test and 150 Mg Tren.

Cheers, Mates. I know this won't settle the debate, but having one Bro's experience might be helpful to some. Your feedback is welcomed.

Peace.

- Savage

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
The more test the more sides!

Maybe drop the Tren down a bit it could be overdosed!

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Really like ur post nble, it gives me and alot of newbie know how different Mgs can raise sides with tren. If u take SFG advice pls do post on how was the outcome.

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good thread.
Any input on anxiety or how either routes have affected your temperament?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Really like ur post nble, it gives me and alot of newbie know how different Mgs can raise sides with tren. If u take SFG advice pls do post on how was the outcome.

Cheers, will keep this thread updated!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good thread.
Any input on anxiety or how either routes have affected your temperament?

Great question.

On the current blast, I have noticed that I'm a bit more 'on edge' (even my Mates around the work site have observed this) than usual. This could be attributed to the poor sleep as well.

During the prior blast, I don't recall feeling quite this 'wired' so to speak.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like the way Cobra put it... Tren potentiates your test.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Blood work today, wanting to make certain I keep my E2 in check. Expecting results over the weekend.

Am now contemplating reducing Tren to 150 Mg and keeping Test at 200 Mg to see if sides reduce.

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would raise my tren to 400, like you did before, BUT I've never ran tren so who knows.

What does tren potentiates test mean

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Great thread NBL. Will be trying tren soon. Thanks for the valuable experience and info.

TylerDurdn

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome thread bro! Thanks for being the guinea pig, getting bloods done and posting all your info up. Even though everyone will react differently at certain mg's its nice to see some solid data and results to help tren newbs out, like me! Keep up the great work!

Also can you post up your stats?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome thread bro! Thanks for being the guinea pig, getting bloods done and posting all your info up. Even though everyone will react differently at certain mg's its nice to see some solid data and results to help tren newbs out, like me! Keep up the great work!

Also can you post up your stats?

Cheers, Mate.

6' / 90 kilos (depending on the day of the week) / 40-something and getting younger every day :)

20+ years in the gym.

Most recent blood showed E2 was still high (over 100 :( ) which was attributed to a bad batch of MP 'stane (which to their credit they immediately replaced).

Since then I've been on 25 Mg 'stane daily seeking to bring the spike down. Anecdotally, I've been successful as my libido has returned and headaches have gone.

Made a decision however to switch off the Tren for my winter bulk and instead to run a more classic Test / Deca stack (500 test / 400 deca). I'll be interested come Spring to run Tren again and see if keeping E2 down allows for greater mitigation of sides.

robot lord

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Decided to run a 20 weeker with Test C and mast P. At the ten week mark changed up a bit and added Tren A. Final 10 wks is as follows, test c 200 mg, tren a 400mg and mast p 400. Today marks the end of week 12 total and week 2 after adding tren. Wifey and co workers all have made comments about me being on edge and a little snappy. I personally am aware of this and also dealing with some anxiety as well. No night sweats worth mentioning but insomnia has been pretty bad past two nights. I wouldn't put the blame solely on the tren however. Yes the tren has lead to the insomnia getting worse, as I already have sleep issues, but the on edge temperment I would say is more due to the lack of sleep and my business being in it's slow season making cash flow a little tight from now till the new year.
So yes the sides are present but for now I can deal with it. Not sure I can do 8 more weeks of no sleep, but I'm going to try like hell. I can say that between the cycle and the rips(3-4 iu 5 on 2 off) I am looking leaner and harder then I have in many many years. For now the benefits are worth the risk/sides. If it gets much worse I will return to TRT until spring when I had plans to blast again into summer. Forgot to mention .50mg adex and 5mg caber e3d plus HCG 500iu. Going for blood work next week and also donating blood on halloween as I do now every 56 days. Was in Sam's club 2 days ago and sat down at the blood pressure automated machine. Came up at 127 over 82 wich is much higher then my high 60s-low 70s usual. Not sure how much I trust that machine and will have it checked at red cross and docs next week.
My stats are 40 5'9 232. Can someone tell me at what BP reading I should consider dropping the Tren/Cycle. I guess what I mean is what is too high and and how long can an elevated BP be sustaned safely? Should the donation next week help to lower BP?

New Threads