First Injections

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We see a lot of threads on here about "PIP." Generates a lot of anxiety for new guys. I remember it and I'm sure a lot of you guys do to. So the question I ask myself repeatedly is why on Earth are beginners always told to pin their glutes?

Makes no sense to me. If you're running a typical beginner cycle of say test e at 500mg per week. Most test e is dosed at 250mg/ml. So thats a 1mL injection twice per week. Glutes are good if you need 2.5 to 3mL.

I suggest that we change things. Start pushing the newbs to do delt injections first. For starters, you don't have to twist like a pretzel to do it. The injection spot is more clearly defined and there is no chance of pinning your sciatic nerve.

What say you?

curls

Reaction score
One shoulder is easy but the dominante one is hard to do at first. Thighs I think are the easiest.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One shoulder is easy but the dominante one is hard to do at first. Thighs I think are the easiest.

I agree about quads as well, but thats just me. Seems like a 50/50 mix up for guys smashing into nerves and having all sorts of issues.

G

Georgia

I'm glad I discovered shoulders. Was easiest to pin but I got PIP no matter where I pinned due to the gear I was using. I never tried quads and sort of regret it...but it's a mental game with legs...so many nerves.

Shoulders > Glutes

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Quads are my favorite even though sometimes I stick the needle in and my leg jumps and has kicked the needle back out more than once. It's weird shit. I also like to pin my right delt ... I get PIP in the left delt a lot so I don;t pin it as much .... lol, then the glutes followed by pecs.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always suggest Delts first.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok so can we make it official SI policy then to recommend delts for noobs?

G

Georgia

Yes because it is a pain in the ass (no pun intended) to do buttocks. Very discouraging and difficult. Have to have crossfit/olympic gymnast experience to do buttocks easily the first time

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Idk, virgin muscle is going to pip regardless. I rather have pip in a glute then a shoulder. With the glute im still functional for the most part. A shoulder pip usually means a ded arm. But it is a lot easier to pin delts, specially for beginners.

Imo my favorite spot is the pecs. Never had a single issue at all and can take 3-4ml per side with no problem0.

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why not someone make a tutorial? That would be more helpful in the long run. Instead everyone just refers people to spot injections webpage. Which isn't much helpful and vague.

Why wouldn't someone highlight areas to avoid where particular nerves and veins are known to be at? As someone new to injection how the f... Are you suppose to know?

Like I said a tutorial more in depth photos (better explanation, no pp)

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why not someone make a tutorial? That would be more helpful in the long run. Instead everyone just refers people to spot injections webpage. Which isn't much helpful and vague.

Why wouldn't someone highlight areas to avoid where particular nerves and veins are known to be at? As someone new to injection how the f... Are you suppose to know?

injecting is no big deal bro as far as the veins and nerves it gonna happen..you will be fine

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Where would you put 4.5mls? I put it in one side of a gluteand to be honest, small pip, and almost healed.

curls

Reaction score
If you are putting in 4-5mls you do not need first injection advice, at least I hope not. That would be a stout fist pin.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

i love to have a tutorial for our members, not a link a real tutorial with pics on our site

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lmfao minister:x

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would rather pin 2.25 ml twice in two locations than pin 4.5 mg in one push and in one location.

Pinning 4.5ml means using a 5cc syringe and to push it you have to have some very thin oil or a garden hose for a needle and a cock-strong thumb. Fuck that.

3ml syringes,
Vette