Thanks

Trim down before a bulk?

I have read that its best to start into a bulk with around 10%bf or so. Is this correct?
    What do you guys usually do to trim bf before a bulk? I normally run around 15-20% probably close to 18% right now. I have an idea to bulk up but should I do a cut instead? Im not ready to start a cycle just yet but want to have my plan together.

Thanks

Re: Trim down before a bulk?

Majority of vets agree that is best to start a bulking cycles with a low BF % for few reasons.Fat increase the risk of gyno since test aromatise a lot in the fat cells.Then on a bulking cycle you will put some lb of fat so if you start with a higher BF you will not look good at all in the end and it will be harder to trim down later.It is recomanded to be around 14-16 % BF when you start a bulking cycle.I hope it helps

Thanks
    Thanked 18,091 Times in 7,788 Posts

You want to lose fat so you can gain fat? You don't need to cut before a bulk... But if your fat is beyond something reasonable, then you should learn how to eat before touching gear. This game comes down to how you eat. Not how much you inject.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

I would suggest getting around your low avg bf...like 15...in my bulk cycle, I try to put on lean muscle (obviously) not a bunch of fat...so it's up to you....higher bf% increases estrogen related sides like biker said, but pillar is right. Diet is key, 90% of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,111 Times in 4,363 Posts

always agood idea to come into a cycle in shape whether bulk or cut

Thanks

This vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    You want to lose fat so you can gain fat? You don't need to cut before a bulk... But if your fat is beyond something reasonable, then you should learn how to eat before touching gear. This game comes down to how you eat. Not how much you inject.

Thanks

First cycle I was at 19% and felt horrible and fat durring cycle
    Second cycle was 14% and I was very please
    I would also recommend loosing some fat before cycling or u won't even notice muscle gains
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

Originally Posted by four1thr33 View Post
    first cycle i was at 19% and felt horrible and fat durring cycle
    second cycle was 14% and i was very please
    i would also recommend loosing some fat before cycling or u won't even notice muscle gains
    this ^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks

Ok. Makes sense to me. Just didn't know what the reasoning was. I think ill go at it at about 15% max just to not feel super fat on cycle.

Thanks

Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
    I have read that its best to start into a bulk with around 10%bf or so. Is this correct?
    What do you guys usually do to trim bf before a bulk? I normally run around 15-20% probably close to 18% right now. I have an idea to bulk up but should I do a cut instead? Im not ready to start a cycle just yet but want to have my plan together.
    You need to do a shit-ton of cardio brother and before you do your cardio develop a nice little circuit that takes about thirty minutes with very little down time.

Get your diet on point and after you have started the metabolism burning fat and lose down to 15% bf or less start a lean bulk if you want to bulk.

No one at 18-20% bf needs to bulk IMHO. The number one key in this game is diet bro. When you bulk you will pick up some extra fat and then cut to burn it off. If you already have extra fat you must kick start your metabolism with exercise and diet if you are after the BBr/Physique builder models.

Now, if you are a straight up power lifter... bulk, bulk, and bulk some more...

Much respects bro,
    Vette
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

Thanks

I don't think 18% is horrible, but you do need to reduce that a few percentage points. It shouldn't be hard with diet and cardio. Now about all this "You gotta get down to ____ BF before you bulk!" horseshit. I don't believe it. I say if you inject steroids into your body, eat big, and lift weights you WILL gain muscle. I don't subscribe to the theory that once you get to a certain BF, the drugs quit building muscle. I DO think your estro could be a bigger problem, and it COULD be easier to gain more fat. Also-if all that new, hard-earned muscle is covered up by fat, I could see why the gains would be less noticeable. But to say that a higher BF within itself prevents muscle growth seems physiologically inaccurate.

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane1974 View Post
    I don't think 18% is horrible, but you do need to reduce that a few percentage points. It shouldn't be hard with diet and cardio. Now about all this "You gotta get down to ____ BF before you bulk!" horseshit. I don't believe it. I say if you inject steroids into your body, eat big, and lift weights you WILL gain muscle. I don't subscribe to the theory that once you get to a certain BF, the drugs quit building muscle. I DO think your estro could be a bigger problem, and it COULD be easier to gain more fat. Also-if all that new, hard-earned muscle is covered up by fat, I could see why the gains would be less noticeable. But to say that a higher BF within itself prevents muscle growth seems physiologically inaccurate.
    Don't think that's what anyone meant. It's more that you will not see the muscle because of the fat/water gain from bulking/gear. Of course, one can bulk semi-clean and do a good job.
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks

not necessary to go to 10%. but lower is better. and most importantly bulk up as clean as you can. Makes cutting easier after.

Thanks

I do cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I've been out injured for a month. My cardio is mma. We wrestle 3 to 5 min rounds. 30 second breaks between. for an hour and a half. Every other Thursday is stand up. Diet is clean. I don't eat fast food. 90% of my meals are home cooked. And there is always chicken or beef in the mix. My wife is a hell of a cook and is into fitness herself. I don't always make the callories I want and I realize I need to fix that if. Iwant.to bulk