Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: metformin

Thanks

metformin

I have a buddy that I work with that is wanting to try metformin. Not a whole lot of info out there on this stuff. Anyone have any experience with this? what and when to take it? People talk highly of it, but everyone has a different take on how to use it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 705 Posts

Re: metformin

Its for people with non insulin dependant diabetes....why does he want to use it?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,092 Times in 7,788 Posts

metformin

Use it for what? Seems weird that he wants to use something but doesn't know what for, how etc...

Only two uses I have ever seen for it.

1. On a cyclical ketogenic diet. After your weekend carb up, hit the metformin to get back to a ketogenic state faster.

2. After extended use of slin.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

Its basic job is to lower blood sugar....i have no idea, besides what pob stated, why someone would use that

Thanks

he got advice from a guy that is wanting to turn pro. He claims it will give you size quickly. My buddy talked to a few other people that had different ideas on how to dose it, but this is the advice he got from the guy.

"ok heres how you take it. first off you will go up a shirt size if u do it wright within 5-10 days. ok heres what u take it with and heres wat you drink it with. ok take 425 to 500mg in am with creatine grape and dextrose powder and a carb meal w/ about 6 amino acids. ok after you workout you take another 500mg tab with grape creatine and aminos and dextrose. ok now and after you get home take a carb meal w/ protein shake. ok at about 6-8 pm take another 500mg tab with aminos, carb meal, protein shake, grape creatine and dextrose powder. now to enhance all this i take on mon-thurs b12 and b- complex injections at the am dose 2 ccs of each b vitamin. now to offset this take t4 and not t3 just t4 for 6 on 4 off cycle and clenbuterol. ok thats how u run it bro science. oh, please drink tons of water with this youll look great and you are pumped all day and night and even when u wake up ur not flat ur pumped lol. its great shit and works fast. hope that helps. if u take it this way youll blow up with pumps that are unimagenable and you will grow about a 1" a yr in your arms, compared to 1/4 ". hope you do good with it and think about the b12 it throws red blood cells in your muscle fibers which in turn gives you more energy and pumps."

Thanks

yes, I know, Sounds like alot of bro science in that. He has had alot of people say this does work, but none are consistent on when to take the stuff and how much etc.

Thanks

I don't know what to say but just to hear it lowers blood sugar it's not too good of a idea, but if im going that way might as well use insulin
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

I know many with diabetes take this. 63Vette may be able to help here. I was under the impression that it made one more insulin sensitive. Folks with some type of diabetes are able to take this pill instead of inj of insulin.
    When this first came out in the early 90's I also heard it was useful for us when taken after a workout. It sounded awesome.
    I used to cross the border into Matamoras and I loaded up on the stuff. Don't remember how I responded.
    I've grown up some.

Thanks

My advice is: DO NOT **** WITH INSULIN OR JANUMET/METFORMIN or anything else medically designed to increase your insulin levels . I have seen and read so many horror stories that you don't even want to know. This shit can drop your blood sugar so low that you can go in to a coma and die. Sometimes with little to NO warning!

It is used to shuttle micro nutrients. I will not even discuss this other than to say once again: DO NOT **** WITH IT!

Use another natural healthy way to spike insulin if you want to play that game. This is not gear IMO... this shit will drop you. Had a bud from another board write a very long appeal after dying FOUR times in the ER over a three day period because he was taking insulin and passed out at home. He was making the "Death rattle" when his GF found him. I believe both 69Nites and biggerben both read his account and appeal. I have said this for YEARS.

You want to get big? EAT.
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

Thanks

Someone says metformin will give you size!? Slap their mom....metformin is glucophage, it stops some glucose from being absorbed...giving you common side of explosive diarrhea (yay squats) and slows gluconeogenesis in liver. Which makes body more sensitive to insulin...you could go into lactic acidosis and coma for taking it when your not a fat type 2 diabetic patient. I'm a med student so at least believe this..

Thanks

Do not mess with metformin. Lots of adverse reactions.

Thanks

Originally Posted by 63Vette View Post
    My advice is: DO NOT **** WITH INSULIN OR JANUMET/METFORMIN or anything else medically designed to increase your insulin levels . I have seen and read so many horror stories that you don't even want to know. This shit can drop your blood sugar so low that you can go in to a coma and die. Sometimes with little to NO warning!

It is used to shuttle micro nutrients. I will not even discuss this other than to say once again: DO NOT **** WITH IT!

Use another natural healthy way to spike insulin if you want to play that game. This is not gear IMO... this shit will drop you. Had a bud from another board write a very long appeal after dying FOUR times in the ER over a three day period because he was taking insulin and passed out at home. He was making the "Death rattle" when his GF found him. I believe both 69Nites and biggerben both read his account and appeal. I have said this for YEARS.

Im going to have to disagree with your insulin warning. Yes if your an idiot then dont use it...although if you have a decent head on our shoulders, and someone who has already used it, then its really quite simple...I have a simple insulin protocol (that I will not give out do to the seriousness of it getting in the wrong hands) that is very easy to follow. The only shitty thing about it is that when you stop there is a good chance of having receptor rebound but ways to control that as well. Insulin is not for the retarded.

OP...doesnt it sound contradictory to take a sugar lowering medication and then take sugar (dextrose) with it?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Cobra Strike View Post
    Im going to have to disagree with your insulin warning. Yes if your an idiot then dont use it...although if you have a decent head on our shoulders, and someone who has already used it, then its really quite simple...I have a simple insulin protocol (that I will not give out do to the seriousness of it getting in the wrong hands) that is very easy to follow. The only shitty thing about it is that when you stop there is a good chance of having receptor rebound but ways to control that as well. Insulin is not for the retarded.

OP...doesnt it sound contradictory to take a sugar lowering medication and then take sugar (dextrose) with it?
    Recently a Guy from the boards well on his way to a pro card died and was thankfully revived due to slin use.

He was under the care of a trainer of many pro bodybuilders.

slin is a part of this game if you want to hit that level. It however is not something to be taken lightly. It can and will kill you if you don't give it every bit of respect it deserves.

Thanks

Originally Posted by 69nites View Post
    Recently a Guy from the boards well on his way to a pro card died and was thankfully revived due to slin use.

He was under the care of a trainer of many pro bodybuilders.

slin is a part of this game if you want to hit that level. It however is not something to be taken lightly. It can and will kill you if you don't give it every bit of respect it deserves.
    Ask Sunny Von Bulow!!
    I've grown up some.

Thanks

Im not saying its not dangerous...but I am saying that it doesnt need to be feared. I know personally 5 or 6 guys that run slin just fine. No one is perfect and mistakes can happen but just because a few people have died does not mean its something everyone should stay away from. There are many different levels of slin use. I know you all drive cars everyday....thousands are dying that way everyday but you guys are still driving your car..am I right?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Cobra Strike View Post
    Im not saying its not dangerous...but I am saying that it doesnt need to be feared. I know personally 5 or 6 guys that run slin just fine. No one is perfect and mistakes can happen but just because a few people have died does not mean its something everyone should stay away from. There are many different levels of slin use. I know you all drive cars everyday....thousands are dying that way everyday but you guys are still driving your car..am I right?
    I'm just saying. Some things should be reserved for those that need it to get to the top.

No need to do slin if you aren't competing IMO.

Thanks

I don't post about it because of the negativity and the off chance that some noob may take the ball and run with it. I posted at AB about. I've only used humulin R, the short stay stuff, post workout and enjoyed it. I started at 6iu and found that I could use as much as 35iu's or so and be fine.
    I wonder how many iu's Klaus gave Sunny?
    I've grown up some.

Thanks

Originally Posted by biggerben692000 View Post
    I don't post about it because of the negativity and the off chance that some noob may take the ball and run with it. I posted at AB about. I've only used humulin R, the short stay stuff, post workout and enjoyed it. I started at 6iu and found that I could use as much as 35iu's or so and be fine.
    I wonder how many iu's Klaus gave Sunny?
    That's the ticket right there bro

Thanks
    Thanked 18,092 Times in 7,788 Posts

metformin

Originally Posted by 63Vette View Post

I think I read that story too... He posted that at the Den. Scary stuff.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys, good read. I told him all the warnings, but he is determined to try the stuff. Says he already bought it so he is not going to waste it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast