so sick of this!!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Most of you guys already know this, but ive been hotel living since may. For a while i was able to be at an extended stay with a kitchen, etc, but lately that hasnt been an option. Been doing the best i can between a rice cooker, slow cooker, and small george foreman, but what a pain in the ass. Its led to me eating out more frequently than id like and, despite making the best choices i can, i can tell a huge difference in energy and motivation. I feel like ass! Sick of it!

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that bro. Hopefully you'll be back in a home soon.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Most of you guys already know this, but ive been hotel living since may. For a while i was able to be at an extended stay with a kitchen, etc, but lately that hasnt been an option. Been doing the best i can between a rice cooker, slow cooker, and small george foreman, but what a pain in the ass. Its led to me eating out more frequently than id like and, despite making the best choices i can, i can tell a huge difference in energy and motivation. I feel like ass! Sick of it!

It sounds like your just making shitty choices when you eat out...

(yes I did just lecture at the diet guru)

But seriously I feel your pain... When I travel and wind up eating out a lot, I don't feel right at all.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean... My wife came out the other day and goes "Goddamn! You're starting to look like PoB!!!"

It sounds like your just making shitty choices when you eat out...

(yes I did just lecture at the diet guru)

But seriously I feel your pain... When I travel and wind up eating out a lot, I don't feel right at all.

Santaklaus

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you got a Foreman that's all you really need for your meats.. Just cook all your veggies for the week in the slow cooker on Sundays and keep em in the fridge.. that's what I do anyways..

Santaklaus

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I also don't live in a hotel so maybe it's not that easy though. Good luck man.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man sorry to hear that sponge, dont mean to make ur life harder with diet stuff bro! Thank u tho! Much appreciation! Keep ur head up, get a forman and liquid egg whites and ull be good to go!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol, you guys are great. Yeah, it's tough in a hotel room because trying to cut raw meat and do all that in the bathroom turns into a sanitary hassle! I've been getting it done though. People look at me funny when I set up my slow cooker and rice cooker in the office though, LOL.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
...its called room service....order up a skinless chicken breast....no oil not butter lots of seasoning....and some steamed veggies....lol

I tried that ordering that on my last travel outting and you would of thought I was speaking another language. "What did you want with your fried chicken....not easy to be out for the saddle.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That sucks Sponge! George Foreman grill in a hotel room must smell something...well you know. Just have to do the best you can because we are all human and sometimes what is "easier" just seems like the better choice. Im sure you are not the only one who eats out more when in a situation like you.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hotel Living is a drag, Mate. Been there and done that. I think you mentioned once before that this was the only joint near your job site, yes? If not though, any chance of relocating to a place with an efficiency kitchen? This could alleviate a lot of stress (if possible). Else, sounds as if you're doing the best you can. Slow cooker is your friend. Screw what the people at work think.

Hang in there, Bro.

- Savage

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
Choose better food, thats all there is too eat. Drink plenty of water, overflush your body with water.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bro, I'm not going to tell you can do it and shit like that. I lived that life for 15 years...I made it about two years before I gave up and started putting on fat.

My recommendation is to try and make a career change. I know; easier said than done. Take your time and find something good. It may take a year or two. there is no doubt in my mind you can make a few years.

Good luck

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I travel for work on a regular basis. Getting a suite with a kitchen is always the best thing, but if that isn't possible, try to make the best choices you can when you eat out. Spend a little extra money, forego McDonald's, and eat at Outback. 8 oz sirloin, sweet potato no butter no sugar, and side salad with oil and vinegar no cheese. Still not as healthy as cooking the SAME thing at home, though.

Live2Train

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why not pack a bunch of pre-made meals in a suitcase to take with you? Eric Domer does it all the time. He told me that's all part of being in the game. Just throwing it out there. Have you been in a hotel since May without being home? If that's the case then scratch that idea.

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow man....that sounds like a challenge. Not sure what kind of career you have but I would hope this isn't year round. Anyways good luck to ya!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Here is a video I made on diet a year ago.

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That sucks man. I use to live on the road doing construction and it was fast food 3 times a day.. luckily I had metabolism that kept me a skinny little punk. Now I know better and can't imagine fast food for 15 straight meals

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're doing pretty good with what you have though!