Low dose naltrexone LDN prescribed by my Endo.

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A little back ground. I just had blood test done because I have been feeling tired and not sleepin as well as I'd like to. Also appetite lacking. Hard to gain ect ect. So bloods came back all within normal range.(I will post them when he emails me them)

So basically he said no endo would issue testosterone for my levels. Total T was 399. But he suggested LDN(low dose naltrexone) I have never came across this drug before.

LDN briefly blocks your opioid receptors which in turn tricks your body into producing more endorphins. It seem to be giving to people with MS, cancer and all other diseases. Yet according to my blood I'm healthy so he is just giving me it for a boost.

Any comments please.

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I found a few guys on a forum trying it to keep their HPTA goin. Any any views on this stuff?

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Naltrexone is used in alcohol and opiate dependent folks?

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea that another reason why I think it's weird he is tryin to put me in it. This is Low dose though so different kind of treat meant. I'm not sure about it. I Was hoping some one had some knowledge or options on LDN.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Needs more research, do ask doc where he found info..although it is prescribed for people who self mutilate (which is believed to release endorphins) so they give that to increase bodies own endorphins...still off label though

Reaction score
Naltrexone is considered an opiod antagonist..It is structured to bind to the Mu receptors (opiod receptor) and other "good" opiods from binding.. for example heroin, morphine, oxycodone etc are considered full agonist, buprenorphine, subutex suboxone are partial agonist and naltrexone and naloxone are antagonist.. They are opiod blockers (and therefore have to be opoids themselves that have no euphric effect to fit on that receptor)... Personally, being a recovering opiod dependent, I dont know any other uses for the drug other than keeping it in my system as a deterent for future drug use. If an opiod drug user was to take naltrexone, they would suffer Immediate opiod withdrawals, which depending on the amount in there system could actually kill them.. I am currently taking suboxone (which has naloxone and buprenorphine) And is a long term taper process. One of the side effects i have suffered is low testosterone and is why i am seeking TRT. If you have anymore specifec questions, feel free to ask me. I had to take a course on these drugs from my doctor.. We did not discuss naltrexone very much but i see her once a month and can ask her specific questions about it.

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Naltrexone is considered an opiod antagonist..It is structured to bind to the Mu receptors (opiod receptor) and other "good" opiods from binding.. for example heroin, morphine, oxycodone etc are considered full agonist, buprenorphine, subutex suboxone are partial agonist and naltrexone and naloxone are antagonist.. They are opiod blockers (and therefore have to be opoids themselves that have no euphric effect to fit on that receptor)... Personally, being a recovering opiod dependent, I dont know any other uses for the drug other than keeping it in my system as a deterent for future drug use. If an opiod drug user was to take naltrexone, they would suffer Immediate opiod withdrawals, which depending on the amount in there system could actually kill them.. I am currently taking suboxone (which has naloxone and buprenorphine) And is a long term taper process. One of the side effects i have suffered is low testosterone and is why i am seeking TRT. If you have anymore specifec questions, feel free to ask me. I had to take a course on these drugs from my doctor.. We did not discuss naltrexone very much but i see her once a month and can ask her specific questions about it.

Thanks for sharing Ouchie. What I'm looking clarification of is Low Dose neltrexone something that should be taking as a "boost" for my generally well being. I am also starting a test only cycle(self proscribed) but I don't know if it should be takin at the the same time or not. The endo has also proscribed me melatonin to help me sleep. So I don't know what to do.

2legit2quit

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is research of guys taking naltrexone on cycle. Some say it works kind of like hcg but don't quote me.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A little back ground. I just had blood test done because I have been feeling tired and not sleepin as well as I'd like to. Also appetite lacking. Hard to gain ect ect. So bloods came back all within normal range.(I will post them when he emails me them)

So basically he said no endo would issue testosterone for my levels. Total T was 399. But he suggested LDN(low dose naltrexone) I have never came across this drug before.

LDN briefly blocks your opioid receptors which in turn tricks your body into producing more endorphins. It seem to be giving to people with MS, cancer and all other diseases. Yet according to my blood I'm healthy so he is just giving me it for a boost.

Any comments please.
Hi only. All this does is to reinforce my view that the vast majority of the medical profession are complete and total fuckwits who should taken out and shot at dawn or any other time of your choosing.

Naltrexone, for Christ's sake.

You said you would post bloods when he emailed them. I'll bet the **** forgot to. (WHY CAN'T I SAY CAN'T IN ITS OTHER SPELLING??? IT'S A PERFECTLY GOOD WORD AND TOTALLY APPROPRIATE AT TIMES LIKE THIS!!!)They do like keeping your life to themselves.

Sorry for getting emotional about this, but be VERY careful of what those dickheads suggest. They nearly killed me.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya feelin' a bit down, mate? Here, have this drug. It's what we give people who want to get off heroin - worth a try, don't you think?

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi only. All this does is to reinforce my view that the vast majority of the medical profession are complete and total fuckwits who should taken out and shot at dawn or any other time of your choosing.

Naltrexone, for Christ's sake.

You said you would post bloods when he emailed them. I'll bet the **** forgot to. (WHY CAN'T I SAY CAN'T IN ITS OTHER SPELLING??? IT'S A PERFECTLY GOOD WORD AND TOTALLY APPROPRIATE AT TIMES LIKE THIS!!!)They do like keeping your life to themselves.

Sorry for getting emotional about this, but be VERY careful of what those dickheads suggest. They nearly killed me.

What did an endo do to u man? And yes the **** has still not sent the blood results through even after passing the message to his secretary again.

I run the LDN for a few wks then stopped it.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What did an endo do to u man? And yes the **** has still not sent the blood results through even after passing the message to his secretary again.

I run the LDN for a few wks then stopped it.
Check this:

Naltrexone is a prescribed drug, which may be used:

to help people who have withdrawn (detoxified) from opioids such as heroin, to stay off those drugs.
to help people with alcohol dependence, not to drink alcohol.
as an experimental treatment during rapid withdrawal from opioids.

A long, long time ago a doctor - not an Endo, in other words not as expensive - got me hooked on benzos - and then sat back and watched when I came off cold turkey. And yes, that very nearly killed me.

A year ago I saw an Endo - and he knew less than me about TRT, and this was before I knew anything. To give you an idea: he thought that transdermal T had a half life of two weeks. Serious. (It's a few hours, guys.) But he did keep me waiting for over an hour, and charged me $300 for 15 minutes.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh yes - INSIST on your bloods like right now!

New Threads