how come i have new pains when i take time off

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i have nagging elbow and knee pain, so i have been taking a little break between starting my weekly workouts and every time i take a few days off something new starts hurting. just this week i woke up on my day off with my neck hurting, wtf. anybody else have this problem?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think it's rust setting in Ken.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I honestly think prolonged training with no time-off can mask some of the nagging / over-use injuries. I try to take a full week out of the gym every 3 months or so (it's tough...) and I also notice that's when I feel all the pains I've been training through.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
All the use and abuse catches up, there is no rhyme nor reason I can define. I do notice when I drop water (less test, more AI, drop Nan) I get those nagging pains. I can only console you in fact you are not alone, maybe one of our guys has a smoking gun and some answers that help you.

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ken,

Best supplement that I've found is a product called Super Cissus. After just 2 days I can noticably feel a difference in my joints.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Are u using HGH? That alone will aggravate any stubborn injuries at the beginning., at least that's what happened to me. Also I supplement with Glucosamin/ Chondroitin 3000/2500 daily religiously, Fish oil, Collagen, anything that makes my joints better I'll would try.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
used Super Cissus no help,as far as gh i am doing gr-2 an 2953

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ken if you are going to have time off it would be great to do some foam rolling, stretching, and compression stuff. You will start loosening up anyway once you stop for a couple weeks but those exercises will help it along. If it hurts, bend it, stretch it, compress it, warm it up.