Overtraining

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I have a question fellas... I am in the gym like 5 days a week. I know I don't overtrain each body part, but my I want to be sure that I am not just over training in general. Usually goes something like this:

Monday: Chest/Tris
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Back & Bis
Thursday: Off-Soccer (about 40 minutes of HIIT)
Friday: Shoulders
Saturday: Off-Soccer (about 40 minutes of HIIT)
Sunday: Random... Usually back and bis, but sometimes I do Chest/tris and then switch my monday/wednesday.

I have been doing L2T's workout plan but only for about 2 weeks. It's been pretty good, the only thing is that I used to do things differently and had 5 different lifting days/week. Anyway... what do yall think, am I in the gym too much?

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I am on a test e cycle in week 7 and loving it. Am going to start some var pretty soon too.

I am usually sore for like a day or so after a workout, except legs... which I am sore for like 2 days.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
unless you're 80, I think you're fine! :) I train five days along with HIT cardio and also do HIT cardio on my two days off.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Not a big believer in "overtraining", but am in "avoiding injury". I think youre fine as well. Routine and split looks good. I focus more on each individual session when it comes to concerns about overtraining and avoiding injury. I make sure I listen to my body on each rep...and always tell myself theres another workout to follow.

St0ked

Elite
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I am on a test e cycle in week 7 and loving it. Am going to start some var pretty soon too.

I am usually sore for like a day or so after a workout, except legs... which I am sore for like 2 days.

When did you start feeling the test kick in?

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty good.
That's similar to the way I've been training for many years.
Though, every 6 weeks, I try to change things in some way.
Always progressive resistance, though.
Right now I'm doing Chest, Legs, Back, shoulders. Bi's and tris, Rest and eat 2 days
I do less sets or less exercises for bi's and tri's.
As well, for myself, I've always tried to do 1 exercise for each particular movement or part of the muscle...in other words for example:
If I do incline dumbell presses for upper chest, I don't do incline barbell for upper chest. I already hit it with the dumbells. I pick or chose one for each.
If I do flat dumbell presses for chest, I don't do flat Barbell ( and vise versa)
I don't do incline dumbell presses for 3-4 sets, then do Incline barbell presses for 3-4 sets.
So it might look like
3-4 sets of Flat Dumbell presses
3-4 sets of Incline Barbell presses
3-4 sets of declines barbell presses
3-4 sets of dumbell flyes (flat,incline, or decline)
At this point I'm done for that day.
This is what works for me.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
unless you're 80, I think you're fine! :) I train five days along with HIT cardio and also do HIT cardio on my two days off.

Watch out now Jennarooski! L-)

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great responses fellas thanks.

St0ked, I started feeling the test e a few weeks ago. I started noticing major changes to my body last week.

Emmerz24

Reaction score
I don't think it's possible to overtrain when on cycle. Recovery is super quick and you never get sore.

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah its possible to over train on a cycle, youll know if your over training trust me.

Reaction score
Don't be a whimp but you should listen to what our body tells you. That's the key to bb IMO.

New Threads