Elite
    Thanks

Can't aspirate a 25g in delt

I used to always use slin pin's but, increased my dose a bit recently so have to use a syringe and so I'm using a 25g 1" but, I am not able to aspirate. I'm injecting in my delt and dont' know what the issue is, I used to never have a problem aspirating with slin pin's not sure why I'm having issues with 25g.

I'm making sure there's not any air in the syringe, I get all the air out and then let a drop come out and then I inject and when i try to aspirate it's so stiff i can't pull on it, i try hard enough to where i start shaking, which isn't good to do with a needle in you so then i just have to shoot it like that. i just go very slow incase i'm in a vein then i'll know quickly but, still it makes me really nervous not knowing if i'm in a vein or not. i'd much rather be able to aspirate it would ease my nerves. anybody know why i'm having this problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 705 Posts

Re: Can't aspirate a 25g in delt

Why are you wasting your gear?

Always inject with a .1-.2ml bubble in the barrel. This will force all the gear into your muscle. It would take more then 30ml of air straight into your vein before any kind of damage can happen. The air in the needle is an old drug users fairy tale. This will also help you aspirate

Elite
    Thanks

Ok, got it, will try that next time. Only thing is how do you measure the air bubble if it's .1 or .2 ml etc.? you mean just draw air into the syringe until the oil goes down about .1 to .2 ml?

Thanks

I would also like to know exactly how this is done from the start as I ve read it serves its purpose of maximizing pins. Detailed instructions from drawing to pinning would be welcome. Thx.

Thanks

Lots of opinions on this one. Mine: Don't bother aspirating. I took Cashout's advice when I started and have never aspirated - but I'm on TRT and only injecting 0.5ml, and I've only injected about 60 times. Each time except two has been delt, zero PIP ever, about six times I've seen a few drops of blood, twice have had a trickle. Tried quads once - moderate PIP for four days or so, tried to get sub-Q belly, injected into fat and had redness and pain for a month. Three times have touched a nerve, no biggie.

(This started on aspirating. Need sleep. Currently in the land of the kiwi. Arrived to find the triathlon world champs are on in Auckland. Cool! I was doing that 16 years ago! You might think it's crazy but the 1996 Ironman was one of the best days of my life - and I only made it to 7kms from the end. Fell over and couldn't get up. Three litres of saline - brand new!)

Thanks

Like Cobra said, leave a little air at the tip of your syringe when you are drawing. Push all that shit into the muscle. Waste nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 705 Posts

Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    Ok, got it, will try that next time. Only thing is how do you measure the air bubble if it's .1 or .2 ml etc.? you mean just draw air into the syringe until the oil goes down about .1 to .2 ml?
    Ya just draw the oil back to those marks

Thanks
    Thanked 18,092 Times in 7,788 Posts

Can't aspirate a 25g in delt

As for aspirating. You don't need air to enter the barrel. Just an absence of blood.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Elite
    Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    As for aspirating. You don't need air to enter the barrel. Just an absence of blood.
    Yeah I understand wasn't trying to get air into the syringe, I mean I cannot pull the plunger back at all, it's just stiff as a rock, won't budge. Next time I will keep some air into the syringe and try it.

As for not aspirating - for a while I stopped aspirating and then one time I decided to do it anyway because it didn't feel right and I drew blood! It was a glute shot though, not delt. Ever since then I always aspirate! No reason to take any chances (for me).

Thanks

If the plunger will not pull back; you have nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    Yeah I understand wasn't trying to get air into the syringe, I mean I cannot pull the plunger back at all, it's just stiff as a rock, won't budge. Next time I will keep some air into the syringe and try it.

As for not aspirating - for a while I stopped aspirating and then one time I decided to do it anyway because it didn't feel right and I drew blood! It was a glute shot though, not delt. Ever since then I always aspirate! No reason to take any chances (for me).

Elite
    Thanks

Originally Posted by grind4it View Post
    If the plunger will not pull back; you have nothing to worry about.
    oh really? that makes sense now that i think about it because that means i'm not in a vein, if i was in a vein it would pull blood. so if it's not pulling back it must be because i'm in the muscle and there's no air. awesome!