Thanks

Never set in stone

We all have some variable to incorporate into our training routine. I myself like the option of my weekend being free and wide open for life outside the gym.

Here is the routine I use year round:

Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday (OFF)
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday (OFF)
    Sunday (OFF)

A nice option I have is to take Friday OFF and hit a Saturday on a rainy day or a day I want to show up at my Class Reunion (still the jacked guy 30 years later).

Everything has a reason for it's order and place, the body parts are broken up like this:

Monday Calves & Pecs
    Tuesday Lats & Abs
    Wednesday OFF
    Thursday Quads
    Friday Delts, Bi's, Tri's

Switching Friday's Delts, Bi's, Tri's to Saturday is great for going out that day with a nice pump of what I call the "show muscles".

My reps may vary from 35 to 6. Sets may be one set to 6. I may start heavy and perform all strip sets (either keeping reps same or pumping out more reps as the weight gets lighter. I may add weight and keep reps same or drop reps as the weight goes up.

I may incorporate all of these principles into one session while ON Cycle while recovery is enhanced (attacking muscles like this is going to be great for short bursts and only hold most guys back over time).

All that is fine ^^^^^^^^^^^ it's all about what a guy wants. Some guys may want their legs pumped for a day out on the weekend, he or she may place legs on the Friday slot for the optional pump on the Saturday or his pecs....it's all about what works ;-)

The only advice or direction I'll confidently steer guys is this: Use the same scheme for 6-8 weeks, get the most of it, then switch. Muscle confusion is great as long as the muscle is "used to" a routine and gets changed up, then it's shocked and will grow provided the food is there to support growth.

CFM
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

Re: Never set in stone

I try to stick to having the weekends off but with life happenings and sometimes maybe just not feeling it during the week (most times it's being to burnt for legs), I opt to do legs on Saturdays so I have a good nights rest etc...I also tend to stick to a certain routine 4-6 weeks...mainly due to boredom.
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    Thanked 18,091 Times in 7,788 Posts

Never set in stone

Once I cut from 5 or 6 days per week to 3 I started growing like a weed. I never really get that feeling like I need to skip a workout now. I get plenty of rest. Best part though is more time for things that matter most to me like SI and my daughter and fiancÚ... Not necessarily in that order
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Once I cut from 5 or 6 days per week to 3 I started growing like a weed. I never really get that feeling like I need to skip a workout now. I get plenty of rest. Best part though is more time for things that matter most to me like SI and my daughter and fiancÚ... Not necessarily in that order
    I found that when I was doing 3 days, I was over training
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks

Very true, ive always worked out m-f a body part for each day for a long time , now that I I've switched to L2T training routine I've noticed my body change.
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,266 Posts

im doing things based on feel. some wks 4x a wk, others 6x. depends on rest, work, and my meals.

Thanks

I am a Monday through Friday kinda guy. It looks like this:

Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Back
    Wednesday-Shoulders
    Thursday-Arms
    Friday-Legs

I hit the gym before work every morning at 5:00 am and take off on the weekends. I stick to this schedule, but change exercises within the routine. I also change the rep scheme, depending on my goals at the time. For me, a disciplined schedule works best because I can treat it like part of my everyday life. Like showering and going to work. Keeps me focused and dialed in.

Thanks

CFM, I like that routine. If I get 3-4 workouts in a week I'm happy, sometimes mix body parts just break the boredom. Sat is a makeup day. It's really tough with my schedule to get in 5 days a week. I'm up a 5 everday and sometimes by 3pm I'm running out of steam! I try to get it done early in the day when time allows.
    Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

Thanks

I rock supersets alternating push, pull back to back

M-chest,lats lower back
    T- quads/hams
    W- abs shoulders upper back
    Th- bis tris
    Fri- whatever I felt like I slacked off that week
    Saturday- cock push-ups and testicle press