Never set in stone

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We all have some variable to incorporate into our training routine. I myself like the option of my weekend being free and wide open for life outside the gym.

Here is the routine I use year round:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday (OFF)
Thursday
Friday
Saturday (OFF)
Sunday (OFF)

A nice option I have is to take Friday OFF and hit a Saturday on a rainy day or a day I want to show up at my Class Reunion (still the jacked guy 30 years later).

Everything has a reason for it's order and place, the body parts are broken up like this:

Monday Calves & Pecs
Tuesday Lats & Abs
Wednesday OFF
Thursday Quads
Friday Delts, Bi's, Tri's

Switching Friday's Delts, Bi's, Tri's to Saturday is great for going out that day with a nice pump of what I call the "show muscles".

My reps may vary from 35 to 6. Sets may be one set to 6. I may start heavy and perform all strip sets (either keeping reps same or pumping out more reps as the weight gets lighter. I may add weight and keep reps same or drop reps as the weight goes up.

I may incorporate all of these principles into one session while ON Cycle while recovery is enhanced (attacking muscles like this is going to be great for short bursts and only hold most guys back over time).

All that is fine ^^^^^^^^^^^ it's all about what a guy wants. Some guys may want their legs pumped for a day out on the weekend, he or she may place legs on the Friday slot for the optional pump on the Saturday or his pecs....it's all about what works ;-)

The only advice or direction I'll confidently steer guys is this: Use the same scheme for 6-8 weeks, get the most of it, then switch. Muscle confusion is great as long as the muscle is "used to" a routine and gets changed up, then it's shocked and will grow provided the food is there to support growth.

CFM

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I try to stick to having the weekends off but with life happenings and sometimes maybe just not feeling it during the week (most times it's being to burnt for legs), I opt to do legs on Saturdays so I have a good nights rest etc...I also tend to stick to a certain routine 4-6 weeks...mainly due to boredom.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Once I cut from 5 or 6 days per week to 3 I started growing like a weed. I never really get that feeling like I need to skip a workout now. I get plenty of rest. Best part though is more time for things that matter most to me like SI and my daughter and fiancé... Not necessarily in that order ;)

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Once I cut from 5 or 6 days per week to 3 I started growing like a weed. I never really get that feeling like I need to skip a workout now. I get plenty of rest. Best part though is more time for things that matter most to me like SI and my daughter and fiancé... Not necessarily in that order ;)

I found that when I was doing 3 days, I was over training:(

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Very true, ive always worked out m-f a body part for each day for a long time , now that I I've switched to L2T training routine I've noticed my body change.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
im doing things based on feel. some wks 4x a wk, others 6x. depends on rest, work, and my meals.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am a Monday through Friday kinda guy. It looks like this:

Monday-Chest
Tuesday-Back
Wednesday-Shoulders
Thursday-Arms
Friday-Legs

I hit the gym before work every morning at 5:00 am and take off on the weekends. I stick to this schedule, but change exercises within the routine. I also change the rep scheme, depending on my goals at the time. For me, a disciplined schedule works best because I can treat it like part of my everyday life. Like showering and going to work. Keeps me focused and dialed in.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
CFM, I like that routine. If I get 3-4 workouts in a week I'm happy, sometimes mix body parts just break the boredom. Sat is a makeup day. It's really tough with my schedule to get in 5 days a week. I'm up a 5 everday and sometimes by 3pm I'm running out of steam! I try to get it done early in the day when time allows.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I rock supersets alternating push, pull back to back

M-chest,lats lower back
T- quads/hams
W- abs shoulders upper back
Th- bis tris
Fri- whatever I felt like I slacked off that week
Saturday- cock push-ups and testicle press

New Threads