J2048B'S time to quit being a PU$$Y LOG! and COMMITMENT!!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
alrighty so a bit about my fucked up self, and then on with the fucking show ladies and gents!!! its long but needs to be (that's what she said haha)

5'10" 200 lb male 35 ageless years on this planet, thanks to Jesus and my Momma, cause i still got thiz!

Well, ive got commitment issues when it comes to lifting and pinning, (scared of that there needle i am!!) so here is a log i want to start, and ill even give my number to a few dudes so they can help me keep accountable because hell, some people need a push from time to time!

anyways, my issue has always always been PARALYSIS BY ANALYSIS because i own every fucking book on weightlifting, nutrition, cardio, mma known to man, if u need something i prolly got it, just PM me and we can work something out if i have it... (wife hates me to hire people for diets because i own everything)exct...

so this week i began to read THE POWER OF LESS by LEO BABAUTA , fucking awesome book, explaining to u how to make things priorities and let everything else fall to the way side, so with that i have begun some changes and this link of items to do:

http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com/5-muscle-building-mistakes THIS IS ALL ME! and now you SI as my support!!

i started my moderate carb cycle with spongy, and i already feel a bit tighter in the mid section, gonna post up pics and stuff later!

it is not that hard to follow the diet, actually easy as hell, and man the food choices are fucking amazing! dont have sweet potaotes? fine choose oat fucking meal!! that fucking simple, SPONGE UR THE MAN!! will never ever go with anyone else for my nutritional needs again!! trying to get the wife on board with him too, but shes a terd! haha and she knows it!

I took everything todo with any nutrition, cardio, mma, and weightlifting off of my computer, EXCEPT 1 folder which has a gang of programs ive either paid for from a trainer, and or started but never finished.... (ive wasted some money of the years!) and i plan to do each one for at least 2-3 months!

of these programs this is what i have and what i recently begun and will continue to log about, until i change programs:

just started: GST-Growth Stimulus Training!! to get my numbers back up, and strength as well and we will see how it goes and if i decide to move onto something else the below are what i need to accomplish as ive either paid for them or started but never finished:

programs i have and need to accomplish:
531 1st edition
531 2nd edition
built like a bad ass
convict conditioning (both books)
Dr. Dana Houser (paid for and communications fell thru and i was kind of stuck) and i quit!!
Iron addicts (RIP) 2 programs i paid for did not finish
John Pinder (took over for IA after his sudden passing) Paid for did not finish
p90x and p90x plus
insanity
dan john's 40 days of strength (AWESOME TO BRING UP LIFTS IN AS LITTLE AS 40 DAYS!!!)
The big yoke 531 workout (started this last september with my hrt regimen and faultered)

Since last september ive gone off of my hrt regimen due to bp, and a few other health issues, and my fucked up way of thinking,

i always somehow decide hell im old, i dont need to do this anymore, and somehow justify quitting or just get lazzy!!

thats where my log comes in and so do you guys, hopefully!!

my program consists of:

1 day of squat, 1 of lift, 1 of press, and 1 of pull
1 core lift with at least 2 supplemental lifts to help the core lift
supplemental lifts consist of 3 sets of 15-20 reps

ive maxed on
incline bench 4 rep max of 165 (could possibly get more, might remax)
supps:
standing bb presses- about 30 lbs with olympic bar
dips body weight only at the moment
bb skull crushers: 30 lbs plus bar (im not sure of bar weight) olympic ez curl bar

box squats 4 rep at 225
supp:
front squats 95 lbs
stationary lunges: 30 lb dumbbells

still left is:
core:
chinups
supps:
bent bb row
weak point training:
upright rows
lateral shoulder flies
standing bb curls

deadlifts
supps:
reverse lunges
romanian deads or good mornings
bb shrugs

at night durring work i get 1 hour og gym time so i plan to do cardio of some sort either solid state cardio on a machine followed by abs, calves and forearm training

so what do u guys think? would it be too much to add in say p90x at night? recovery issues since ive just began again perhaps? too mch abs maybe?

well there u have it with a few questions and hopefully a good accountability group if anyone cares to call me and yell at me?!!

let me know what u guys think and ill continue to post my stuff, not till next week as im off until monday and my bday is saturday!!

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to the lifting and training world my brother
I personally don't see any problems with p90x at night because is basically cardio
And u can train abs every day

U said u get one hour of gym time at work... Where's the lifting? Or are u only planning in cardio?

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And sorry I missed it last post

HAPPY BDAY brother !!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to the lifting and training world my brother
I personally don't see any problems with p90x at night because is basically cardio
And u can train abs every day

U said u get one hour of gym time at work... Where's the lifting? Or are u only planning in cardio?

lifting at home in the am, with squat rack and the stuff i got,

cardio only in the pm, not enuff time to lift at night!

thanks bro!! yay my birthday!!

u dont think p90x will be too severe with recovery time?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
damn, I thought I was the only one afflicted with PARALYSIS BY ANALYSIS LOL!

Good to see you have committed:) And will follow!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks jenner! Appreciated! Yup im am getting over this paralysis! So tut and consistency will prevail!

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It really depends on your goals. If you are trying to loose weight i.e. burn fat, P90x is fine. If you are trying to gain weight (like me), you would be better off with recovery. I have a lot of books, DVDs as well. I have researched and researched. Hired dietitians and even a personal trainer once. I have tried this program, that program, your program, his program. I can sum up what I learned from all that shit:

1. Eat big to get big
2. Get 8 hours of sleep
3. You get out of it what I put into it.

For me, the program that works the best is a simple program.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It really depends on your goals. If you are trying to loose weight i.e. burn fat, P90x is fine. If you are trying to gain weight (like me), you would be better off with recovery. I have a lot of books, DVDs as well. I have researched and researched. Hired dietitians and even a personal trainer once. I have tried this program, that program, your program, his program. I can sum up what I learned from all that shit:

1. Eat big to get big
2. Get 8 hours of sleep
3. You get out of it what I put into it.

For me, the program that works the best is a simple program.

Thanks for the reply shane, yeah i needed something simple and i liked the gst program, i never get 8 hours of sleep due to kids and my work schedule, but i sleep as much as i can when i can!

I am a bit hesitan to start p90x because im not sure i have the energy ependeture to accomplish it and my lifting so i moght go steady state for 20-25 min and hit abs and forearm and calves every day or every other day!

Thanks man!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
did-not-read-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1225.gif

Dude thats a lot of gibber jabberin... Just put in your best effort and you'll progress. And if I see you slacking I'm going put your nuts in a vice. You WILL grow!

alrighty so a bit about my fucked up self, and then on with the fucking show ladies and gents!!! its long but needs to be (that's what she said haha)

5'10" 200 lb male 35 ageless years on this planet, thanks to Jesus and my Momma, cause i still got thiz!

Well, ive got commitment issues when it comes to lifting and pinning, (scared of that there needle i am!!) so here is a log i want to start, and ill even give my number to a few dudes so they can help me keep accountable because hell, some people need a push from time to time!

anyways, my issue has always always been PARALYSIS BY ANALYSIS because i own every fucking book on weightlifting, nutrition, cardio, mma known to man, if u need something i prolly got it, just PM me and we can work something out if i have it... (wife hates me to hire people for diets because i own everything)exct...

so this week i began to read THE POWER OF LESS by LEO BABAUTA , fucking awesome book, explaining to u how to make things priorities and let everything else fall to the way side, so with that i have begun some changes and this link of items to do:

http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com/5-muscle-building-mistakes THIS IS ALL ME! and now you SI as my support!!

i started my moderate carb cycle with spongy, and i already feel a bit tighter in the mid section, gonna post up pics and stuff later!

it is not that hard to follow the diet, actually easy as hell, and man the food choices are fucking amazing! dont have sweet potaotes? fine choose oat fucking meal!! that fucking simple, SPONGE UR THE MAN!! will never ever go with anyone else for my nutritional needs again!! trying to get the wife on board with him too, but shes a terd! haha and she knows it!

I took everything todo with any nutrition, cardio, mma, and weightlifting off of my computer, EXCEPT 1 folder which has a gang of programs ive either paid for from a trainer, and or started but never finished.... (ive wasted some money of the years!) and i plan to do each one for at least 2-3 months!

of these programs this is what i have and what i recently begun and will continue to log about, until i change programs:

just started: GST-Growth Stimulus Training!! to get my numbers back up, and strength as well and we will see how it goes and if i decide to move onto something else the below are what i need to accomplish as ive either paid for them or started but never finished:

programs i have and need to accomplish:
531 1st edition
531 2nd edition
built like a bad ass
convict conditioning (both books)
Dr. Dana Houser (paid for and communications fell thru and i was kind of stuck) and i quit!!
Iron addicts (RIP) 2 programs i paid for did not finish
John Pinder (took over for IA after his sudden passing) Paid for did not finish
p90x and p90x plus
insanity
dan john's 40 days of strength (AWESOME TO BRING UP LIFTS IN AS LITTLE AS 40 DAYS!!!)
The big yoke 531 workout (started this last september with my hrt regimen and faultered)

Since last september ive gone off of my hrt regimen due to bp, and a few other health issues, and my fucked up way of thinking,

i always somehow decide hell im old, i dont need to do this anymore, and somehow justify quitting or just get lazzy!!

thats where my log comes in and so do you guys, hopefully!!

my program consists of:

1 day of squat, 1 of lift, 1 of press, and 1 of pull
1 core lift with at least 2 supplemental lifts to help the core lift
supplemental lifts consist of 3 sets of 15-20 reps

ive maxed on
incline bench 4 rep max of 165 (could possibly get more, might remax)
supps:
standing bb presses- about 30 lbs with olympic bar
dips body weight only at the moment
bb skull crushers: 30 lbs plus bar (im not sure of bar weight) olympic ez curl bar

box squats 4 rep at 225
supp:
front squats 95 lbs
stationary lunges: 30 lb dumbbells

still left is:
core:
chinups
supps:
bent bb row
weak point training:
upright rows
lateral shoulder flies
standing bb curls

deadlifts
supps:
reverse lunges
romanian deads or good mornings
bb shrugs

at night durring work i get 1 hour og gym time so i plan to do cardio of some sort either solid state cardio on a machine followed by abs, calves and forearm training

so what do u guys think? would it be too much to add in say p90x at night? recovery issues since ive just began again perhaps? too mch abs maybe?

well there u have it with a few questions and hopefully a good accountability group if anyone cares to call me and yell at me?!!

let me know what u guys think and ill continue to post my stuff, not till next week as im off until monday and my bday is saturday!!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks POB! I expect people to treat me accordingly if i dont succeed! And im done being the old me! Gonna get this done!

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pob - it took me forever to read that pic it was super distracting hahah

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha there were words! Haha

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pob that pic is great hahah. J get on it brah. Do work son!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Time to get it done Bro! Kick some ass!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks herm and df! Appreciated!!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
alrighty update as of today oct 22,
did my finding weights (max) for conventional deads was 225 X 3 had a bit more in the tank, but not gonna kill myself, figured it is a good number to begin with as i have been out of lifting consistantly for a while, also this way i can not kill myself during the workouts and actually finish all of them!!

also did plain ol body weight good mornings, ss with romanian deads, need to begin my weights low to build gpp, and stamina, did 135 for 2 sets of 12 and it was killing me, so im gonna drop them down to 115, so i can get my 2-3 sets of 15-20, if i start slow i will build my gpp up over time, and thus my strength,

also did some reverse lunges, 2 sets ea leg with 30 lb dumbbells, man my legs are tight, been stretching like crazzy!

so there ya have it, my weak ass numbers BUT HEY, I NEED TO START SOMEWHERE, and i dont want to take the mentality of most that more is better, because ill burn out, and it is a small base to begin with, but it is at least something!

as long as my core lifts show progression, i know the supplemental lifts will slowly climb right behind, slow and low that is the tempo... beasties!

oh and aslo steady cardio at night, stair stepper or eliptical level 5-7 for 20-30 min along with abs calves, forearms!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
keep it up bro. were watching........

lol

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keep it going J. A start is a start...No need to worry about if your numbers are low. They will climb just keep putting in the effort.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gr and df! Thanks guys! Yeah gotta restart somewhere eh?

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lookin forward to ur log :)

New Threads