Bands?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine needs to incorporate bands into his squat training... Money is tight though. Any of you guys have a set of bands kicking around that you can spare? It would be greatly appreciated.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I bought a full set from elitefts. I just bought them because they were on sale. I will never use all of them. What were you thinking?

SAD

Reaction score
I bought a full set from elitefts. I just bought them because they were on sale. I will never use all of them. What were you thinking?

If it's who I'm thinking it is, you'll be doing a really good thing hooking him up. He's a high character guy that would never put himself up for something like this, which is where a good friend like POB comes into play. Karma points right here S4L, respect.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Blacks = Greens when doubled, I double them to squat and reverse deadlift.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am new so I dont know if I did it right but i tried to send POB a Pm

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Click on his username and it should say private message. Click that and type away. Either that or I am sure he will pop back in here.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
bands should be there today. I hope he smashes a new pr!!!!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
bands should be there today. I hope he smashes a new pr!!!!

he got them and was shocked and excited... Thanks brother. He'll really put these things to good use. I really appreciate this and consider this a personal favor.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
no problem man, glad to help. They would have gotten dry rotted before i will be strong enough to use them.

jackdaddy

Reaction score
Quick question on bands, I've been reading a lot and watching a lot of videos on westside powerlifting and see a lot of bands. My question is I don't own bands nor does the current gym I go to should I purchase a set for maximum results?

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Quick question on bands, I've been reading a lot and watching a lot of videos on westside powerlifting and see a lot of bands. My question is I don't own bands nor does the current gym I go to should I purchase a set for maximum results?

depends on your goals. If you're indeed training for strength, yes I would invest in a set. They're really good for overloading and getting your body use to handling weight that you aren't use to. Bands and chains both done wonders for me. Unless you're using bands pulling against the bar, I prefer chains because you handle the extra weight without any help off of the bottom of the lift.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like them for speed work. I think most guys use to much bar weight and not enough band weight. I use 135 to bench with and started with light bands and worked my way up. It helped the bar speed off my chest a bunch.

Last edited:

Sledge

Reaction score
I try to rotate bands chains and straight weight every week for dynamic effort days. Really tremendous improvement in overall power

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I try to rotate bands chains and straight weight every week for dynamic effort days. Really tremendous improvement in overall power

No doubt on the strength gains. I don't yuse bands to squat with anymore. They took me out of my grove.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like bands but I like chains a whole lot more.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like mom and dad type home depots? Am checking craigslist from time to time ..

Sledge

Reaction score
I got mine at home depot. Get a few caribiners too so you can mix and match. U could also watch Craigslist or hit up yard sales for tie chains and stuff.

Reaction score
They can be expensive, but there some cool ones on Rogue's website.

New Threads