Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,991 Times in 2,995 Posts

Evil Corperations

One of the companies I own (a chapter S corperation) is about to fail. The numbers arent there to justify keeping the doors open. Im stressed out because I know some damn loyal men and wemen will loose their jobs and it is a direct result of Obama. His decisons to target larger corperations such as energy, trade, workers comp reform, and health care have scared the shit out of an already over regulated private sector.

For many years I didnt understand the eb and flow of industry until I became a business owner. ALL industries need each other to survive. One of my fellow chamber of commerce mebmers makes a product that scratches the concrete off the highway so it can be resurfaced. Because there were no shovel ready jobs, and highways are often resurfaced with asphault and asphault is a by product of oil.....Obamas policies are hurting the energy industry...oil is targeted by obama. My friend just laid off over 2 dozen employees over this.

It drives me crazy to hear about corperations not caring about the "working man". I feel terrible about what may happen to my guys. **** some of them have had more kids because they had such good jobs not so long ago. Jobs that I created and gave to them. I feel like Im in a staight jacket and cannot help them it sucks. I feel a huge responsibility to these guys and their faimlies. By the way they didnt have to threaten me with a walk out or lawsuit to earn my loyalty, respect or the very good salaries + benifits they earn. Govt didnt have to make me provide these benifits either. Its not my responsibility either to provide benifits, but with these guys it is the right thing to do. They are that good.

The people that push this kind of narrative and repeat its bullet points have never walked in my shoes.
    Create a market, find a place for your company, hire/fire people, make payroll, get shook down by the govt taxes....risk your salary and livelyhood everyday if you make a bad decision. If you make a bad decision the govt is NOT going to bail me out.

Keep an open mind next time you hear about evil corperation owners not caring because we do and we as business owners have a huge responsibility to our employees and its not taken as lightly as its portrayed. We all really do need each other.

Thanks

Re: Evil Corperations

I'm with ya brother. People forget that America runs on big corporations. The jobs and capital created are the blood of our economy. Obama has effectively found ways to destroy jobs before he has found ways the create them, and he says that it is due to the state in which this country was in when handed to him. That's bullshit, I won't forget one of his first policies in which he shut down the keystone pipeline costing 10's of thousands of jobs. Then shut down off shore drilling, then gave money we didnt have to foreign goverments to allow them to drill. **** this guy.

Thanks

Welcome to the party BGH. I feel for you. I am in a very similar situation.

Lets just prey that the majority of our voting public has enough sense to vote Obama out.
    IMO if we did not have so much media bias the vast majority of votes would see Obama for who he really is....a fraud and a lier.

Thanks

------This post was a mistake. Please ignore this--------

Thanks

OP, how exactly did Obama directly cause your company to fail. Can you give examples.

I'm just curious. I feel for your men and 'wemen' and pray for the best.

Thanks

I feel you bro. I ran a construction company for years before getting into the gun business. Had to let some good men go. The economy just wasnt there for new construction and people weren't spending money for remodels.

Thanks

Work comp, insurance and taxes can break a small company in a hurry. especially work comp. And all it is is basically a prepaid loan program. I only had one claim, a guy stepped on a nail.... and.they hiked my rate like a mofo. I had to carry 2million in liability insurance to be able.to work for some.of the companies I subbed for. Never used it. But still paid out the ass for it.

Thanks

Originally Posted by StoliFTW View Post
    OP, how exactly did Obama directly cause your company to fail. Can you give examples.

I'm just curious. I feel for your men and 'wemen' and pray for the best.
    1. Obama had the opportunity to sign into law a workers comp reform that would have opened up the insurance market to the private sector and allowed the price gouging that is currently going on to slow down so we could shop for a better deal.

2. Ive provided health care for these guys for over a decade now. Premiums on that policy have consistantly been about 25K annually. Thats my portion I pay 60%. Since Obamas health care mandate the its doubled. My men and 'wemen' are paying double for their 30%. If its health care they really want us all to have why are they punishing people like us who have been responsible and stepped up and done it pre mandate? This price hike is never discussed in the media either.

3. Obama will not hear anyone question the EPA decisions that are crippiling buisness. He enables them to continue with bad decisions. In my case we purchase Dodge Diesels with Cummins diesel engines. This use to be a very good engine but the EPA has forced all auto makers and industries in the diesel market to put emmision devices on them that make them unreliable and more expensive. What was a 28,000 dollar cab and chasis is now an unreliable 42,000 dollar piece of shit.

4. Fuel prices are soaring because he stood against the keystone pipeline, and drilling in the gulf.

I could go on. Bottom line is everything adds up and like I stated in the post all industry feeds of one another like it or not.

Were not out of it yet Im fighting to keep it going.

Thanks for your concern. Sorry for the spelling and grammar they are usually 'reel good'

Thanks

True. I appreciate your time explaining this. The more I know, or we all know, means making a better informed decision at the voting booth. Again hope it works out for you, or I should say all of us.

Truly appreciate your post.

Thanks

Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post
    1. Obama had the opportunity to sign into law a workers comp reform that would have opened up the insurance market to the private sector and allowed the price gouging that is currently going on to slow down so we could shop for a better deal.

2. Ive provided health care for these guys for over a decade now. Premiums on that policy have consistantly been about 25K annually. Thats my portion I pay 60%. Since Obamas health care mandate the its doubled. My men and 'wemen' are paying double for their 30%. If its health care they really want us all to have why are they punishing people like us who have been responsible and stepped up and done it pre mandate? This price hike is never discussed in the media either.

3. Obama will not hear anyone question the EPA decisions that are crippiling buisness. He enables them to continue with bad decisions. In my case we purchase Dodge Diesels with Cummins diesel engines. This use to be a very good engine but the EPA has forced all auto makers and industries in the diesel market to put emmision devices on them that make them unreliable and more expensive. What was a 28,000 dollar cab and chasis is now an unreliable 42,000 dollar piece of shit.

4. Fuel prices are soaring because he stood against the keystone pipeline, and drilling in the gulf.

I could go on. Bottom line is everything adds up and like I stated in the post all industry feeds of one another like it or not.

Were not out of it yet Im fighting to keep it going.

Thanks for your concern. Sorry for the spelling and grammar they are usually 'reel good'
    Exactly. I just posted a photo of my new Obama 2016 documentary on my FB. One of my ol' army buddies posted "No thanks".

I just looked at his comment and thought, how ignorant and dumb can you be? Mind you he's finishing his BA Degree at a University in the midwest.
    Numero Uno

Thanks

^^^ 3) EPA- Also why alot of manufacturing companies have gone under or moved to china . The regulation and expense involved with keeping with EPA guidelines is unbearable for some. Granted it is important not to shit all over mother nature but come on.. Ever followed a city bus for very far? Ever looked into how much diesel is burned to get a tanker across the ocean? How many busses and tankers run 24/7? Thats emissions.. And they want to choke down a Cummins? Some of the BS is just there so someone can justify having a job and asking for more money. John Deere, GM, and others have found that its much cheaper to have chinese plants. No EPA, No OSHA, No work comp, extremely low cost labor, plenty of labor available and willing to work for peanuts.
    **** GM by the way. Candy ass sons a bitches. They need a bailout? How about bailing out of the UAW!!! Maybe then the price of a vehicle wouldnt be so grossly ****ing overinflated!!

Thanks

Originally Posted by StoliFTW View Post
    True. I appreciate your time explaining this. The more I know, or we all know, means making a better informed decision at the voting booth. Again hope it works out for you, or I should say all of us.

Truly appreciate your post.
    Stoli Im glad you said that. Im glad you appreciate the post.

The purpose of this thread is not intended to be combative at all. I just want all of you to hear another side of things...roll it around and like you said use it to make an informed decision.

We dont have to agree on petty social issues that have no place in politics, but we should all stand together when things come between a man and his ability to provide for his faimly. And a small corperations desire to help him do it. **** I could have taken my BMW and Corvette and went home 2 years ago. Ive got a commitment to these guys, because they are a huge reason for my success, and Ill have their back until the company runs out of money & options. Put that on ABC this pm and see what happens to the polls.

Im no fan of Bill Clinton but I respect him. Clintons and his first term, is almost a carbon copy of Obamas... Almost, Clinton decided to compromise with the other side when he lost majority in washington. He put his ego aside and worked with the other side and made demands of them as well. He and Newt Gingritch are a huge reason for the economic success of that era. Forget all the other shit we all were working and eating with green money not food stamps. They worked together and we benifited from it. Obama has basicly said **** you to every proposal that he doesnt like and has not once compromised on anything meaningful. He is more interested in social engineering than being a leader.
    Im not that biased either check out a previous thread Not Politics just Math I blame Bush just as much for reckless decisions and spending.

Thanks

BGH I want to work for you. Lol you seem like a great boss and u genuinely care about your employees that's awesome..I hope you dont have to lay them off..Romney 2013

Thanks

Slightly off topic, but my Cummins was nothing but a pain in the ass with terrible gas mileage until I deleted it, meaning got rid of all the EPA mandated shit. No DPF, no EGR, no catalytic converters, no Regen. Now I have zero issues and get 20+ mpg. **** the EPA.
    Conquer yourself through wise experimentation.

Thanks

Originally Posted by SAD View Post
    Slightly off topic, but my Cummins was nothing but a pain in the ass with terrible gas mileage until I deleted it, meaning got rid of all the EPA mandated shit. No DPF, no EGR, no catalytic converters, no Regen. Now I have zero issues and get 20+ mpg. **** the EPA.
    Thanks SAD if it were a personal truck I would.

This is a wrecker service dispatched to clean up wrecks off the highway. Try explaining that to a Texas Highway Patrol when they see your truck is actually breathing like it should. They will park the truck inspect the rest of the fleet pull you off rotation and fine the shit out of you with the TDLR, TDOT. If the Feds dont get you the state will. Then there is the city and county govts. Govt is the most organized gang there is.

Ranger Id hire a ranger or a marine any day of the week. Thanks.

Thanks

America is a corporatist country which is bad. Let's return to free market economics by which I mean fewer in your face government regulations and corporate subsidies. If ethanol really worked then why is the government subsidizing it? Allow the banks to fail. Credit Unions and other financial institutions would have come filled the void.

The corporations that have an incestuous relationship with the politicians are evil. Running for public office then working for companies you gave handouts too should be stopped.

We can go on and on about how evil government, which it truly is. The road to hell is paved with their good intentions.

If you're in a swing state vote for Romney. If you're in a solid state vote Johnson.

Let's start voting in Libertarians folks. Or the republican party can go back to its roots. I wish I could get rid of social conservatives without losing their voting power.

Government that governs least governs best. We can all appreciate that, especially when it comes to gear.

Thanks

Sorry, you cant allow the banks to fail, whos gonna take the debt - on every angle? You need to support the banks - and by saying this, you need to guide them lend them money and monitor interest rates that not only the consumers pay, but also provide income for the country. On on country basis - the IMF is there to do that same thing.

Everyone was laughing in the early, Florida house prices went up 100+ in 4 years!! (I know I bought one) Its like your wife is happy, then shes pissed at something.

Man I gotta stop drinking so much.

Thanks

Originally Posted by TheMinister View Post
    Sorry, you cant allow the banks to fail, whos gonna take the debt - on every angle? You need to support the banks - and by saying this, you need to guide them lend them money and monitor interest rates that not only the consumers pay, but also provide income for the country. On on country basis - the IMF is there to do that same thing.

Everyone was laughing in the early, Florida house prices went up 100+ in 4 years!! (I know I bought one) Its like your wife is happy, then shes pissed at something.

Man I gotta stop drinking so much.
    You let them fail period.

The united states has been continually applying band aid fixes to this economy dragging out a 15 year recession in fear of a depression. I say get it over with and let the dead fall off.

If you never trim off the dead stuff you can not allow new growth.

Thanks

Originally Posted by 69nites View Post
    You let them fail period.

The united states has been continually applying band aid fixes to this economy dragging out a 15 year recession in fear of a depression. I say get it over with and let the dead fall off.

If you never trim off the dead stuff you can not allow new growth.
    Absolutely not. Lehmans was a mistake. Each to their own opinion though, but you are wrong :P

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post

It drives me crazy to hear about corperations not caring about the "working man". I feel terrible about what may happen to my guys. **** some of them have had more kids because they had such good jobs not so long ago. Jobs that I created and gave to them. I feel like Im in a staight jacket and cannot help them it sucks. I feel a huge responsibility to these guys and their faimlies.
    Not to go off topic because I truly feel for your situation but the parts I have highlighted is what really bothers me. The main one is that I get that we are free to choose how many kids we want etc...and hey, have ten if you want..BUT that is pretty much the same as the folks that live beyond their means by living in a house they can't really afford, buying all the toys, expensive cars.....people have to take responsibility for the decisions THEY make. In no way is it on your back that these people had more kids or bought a new house etc...

People need to use common sense and think about the future, not just the here and now.
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast