Thanks

Register to Vote!

All this talk about voting, dont forget to register. Today is the last day to register in my state. Not sure if its the same everywhere.

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

Re: Register to Vote!

I vote thru the mail, a week ago...done deal
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks

Ironic how the legit people register yet millions of votes are going to come from non-citizens. And guess who they're voting for.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Thanks

Sorry i am a vteran and may sound anti- but at 35 i have never voted and probably never will and here is why:

Even if every person elligible to vote does, in the end it is the electoral votes that ultimately decide our future, the popular vote is there so people feel as if their votes really matter, electoral votes count in the end and bot popular votes, so if u look at it, WHY BOTHER? I know people will say so at least i had a say, and now i cant bitch if the one voted in is a douche, but in the end our votes are considered popular votes and thus ultimetly have no bearing on the end result, electoral votes are placed by the states and they decide who is voted in,

Now this is my opinion, and i have served this country honorably, but until they change this bs to popular, as it should be by the people for the people, i refuse to vote

Please correct me if im wrong, but im now 35 and only remember being wrong 1 time in my life and it was back in 1978! Haha

Thanks

Originally Posted by Crazy F Oldbastard View Post
    Ironic how the legit people register yet millions of votes are going to come from non-citizens. And guess who they're voting for.
    I don't understand. You can't vote if you're not a citizen. I doubt if you have fake papers you will vote.

Thanks

Originally Posted by StoliFTW View Post
    I don't understand. You can't vote if you're not a citizen. I doubt if you have fake papers you will vote.
    Shit u should see how manydead people still vote today! Its not hard for someone to vote with fake papers, and it is not hard to vote with a dead persons info

Thanks

Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    Sorry i am a vteran and may sound anti- but at 35 i have never voted and probably never will and here is why:
    Hey bro, the great thing about this country is you have the choice. I didnt make this thread to tell anyone what to do, just a reminder to register if they had planned on voting.

Thanks

I voted I never vote but this time I did.
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks
    Thanked 18,091 Times in 7,788 Posts

Don't forget that Democrats are supposed to register tomorrow.

Thanks

Originally Posted by StoliFTW View Post

Who says you have to show ID? They decided that was racist and only 10 states require any form of ID and some only require non-photo ID.

Elite
    Thanks

Yes, this is true. When I saw the thread title, this is what I was saying to myself. Only the votes by the delegates count http://www.cfr.org/us-election-2008/...process/p15414

Even if every person elligible to vote does, in the end it is the electoral votes that ultimately decide our future, the popular vote is there so people feel as if their votes really matter, electoral votes count in the end and bot popular votes, so if u look at it, WHY BOTHER? I know people will say so at least i had a say, and now i cant bitch if the one voted in is a douche, but in the end our votes are considered popular votes and thus ultimetly have no bearing on the end result, electoral votes are placed by the states and they decide who is voted in,

Now this is my opinion, and i have served this country honorably, but until they change this bs to popular, as it should be by the people for the people, i refuse to vote

Please correct me if im wrong, but im now 35 and only remember being wrong 1 time in my life and it was back in 1978! Haha

Thanks

Ok, not saying you are wrong, since im not 100% that im right, but hopefully we can both figure this out. It is my understanding that each state has a given number of electoral votes. The party that won the popular vote in that state is the one who is given the electoral votes. So in a sense you are right, that the election isnt won or lost by popular vote, but from what ive found in a search was that electoral votes have only changed who won 4 times over the course of the US presidential election.

Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    Yes, this is true. When I saw the thread title, this is what I was saying to myself. Only the votes by the delegates count http://www.cfr.org/us-election-2008/...process/p15414
    What I read here is, this has nothing to do with who wins the presidential election and our vote. It is who each party votes to be the nominee for president. So the democrats and republicans, etc. that are in political positions all take a vote on who they want to run for president and then we vote on those people in the presidential election. What this does is weed out Joe blow from saying he wants to be president and having his name on the ballot.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Big Worm View Post
    Ok, not saying you are wrong, since im not 100% that im right, but hopefully we can both figure this out. It is my understanding that each state has a given number of electoral votes. The party that won the popular vote in that state is the one who is given the electoral votes. So in a sense you are right, that the election isnt won or lost by popular vote, but from what ive found in a search was that electoral votes have only changed who won 4 times over the course of the US presidential election.

What I read here is, this has nothing to do with who wins the presidential election and our vote. It is who each party votes to be the nominee for president. So the democrats and republicans, etc. that are in political positions all take a vote on who they want to run for president and then we vote on those people in the presidential election. What this does is weed out Joe blow from saying he wants to be president and having his name on the ballot.
    ok yeah i guess we are both right, what i dont like is how they use or dont use the popular votes in a better way, instead of giving a person the whole state because popular was say 49% and 51% so who ever has 51% gets THE WHOLE STATE, instead should let all of the others popular votes add up from all the states, AND THEN GIVE OUT ELECTORAL VOTES, see because they invented this crap back in the day because most people were not educated, and thus people were paying people to sway the vote in their favor, i mean hell even today a shit ton of dead people end up voting in both the pres elections and local elections as well, so did this help? not in the slightest, look at the "re-count" that occurred during that one election, if they would have just tallied it up to popular vote thru out the entire us, AL GORE would have been our president!

from wikipedia:

the election of the US President is an indirect election. Voters elect the electoral college, which then elects the President.

the the Rothschild's and Rockefeller's run the usa anyways, and its entire banking system, so u also wonder WHY we cant get out of the oil industry?