Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,523 Times in 2,309 Posts

I feel like an ass

A worker at the gym always opens the door for me when I'm walking in my Safety Squat Bar and is real nice to me but he had to come up to me tonight after my last set of heavy deadlift and tell me some of the members are complaining I slamming the weight down to hard, I look him right in the eyes and said go tell them to shut the **** up he said I'm just relating a message I said right in his eyes again the it's heavy weight.

I go finish off on a leg press and abs then apologize for giving him that end of my attitude and he just seemed like he didn't give a rats ass about the complaint and agreed with me.

I felt bad because I'm deep into a cycle the Var makes me a monster and I just got done pulling heavy deadlifts, bad timing for him.

I told him I been here doing this since the early 90's and this gym is more mine then any of them, I was actually offered to buy it in the 90's from Ray Wilson. You got to be an older folk to know who Ray Wilson is.

PUSSIES GOD DAMN ****ING PUSSIE!

I don't know when they stop making men but they sure did stop making them.
    Knock Em Down and Keep Em Down!

Thanks

Re: I feel like an ass

Some people are just pure ****IN HATERS! Complaining about everything. Since my gym is shutting down, I hope the one i'm being forced to doesn't have a bunch of these bitch ass complaining type people. If their is someone will get choked out in a clock choke.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,523 Times in 2,309 Posts

I don't know anyone that put down 500lbs nice and softly quiet, at a certain weight you need to drop the bar.

You lift it up and hold on to the bar until it passes your knees then let the bar go, metal makes a lot of noise not my fault.

Pussies straight up pussies, Go to Planet Fitness!
    Knock Em Down and Keep Em Down!

Thanks

Exactly. If they don't like it then they should invest in bumpers or deadlift platforms. But with Ray offering you the gym and being there so long, you have every right bro!!! Don't get me started on Planet Fitness LMAO. A buddy that's just getting into power lifting hit up and was like this pf gym I go to seems kinda girlish. Panic attack set in...and knew right away that "PF" stood for Planet Fitness. So I respond back with get the **** outta there I know PF stands for Planet Fitness.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,983 Times in 4,972 Posts

Too many people using the gym as a social outlet instead of a place to train. If loud noises being caused by unloading heavy weights bothers you, go take a fawking Zoomba class.

Elite
    Thanks

I know exactly how u feel SF, also where I live the weather is getting cold and they keep the A/C full blast, I told them to turn it off more than once but they have told me that a few members want the A/C but those are the ones that aren't doing shit, they go there to hang out, **** them!

Banned
    Thanks

Man I know what u mean, I swear to God their is these two punks that go to my gym everyday dressed like they r going to the club. Wearing their flashy necklaces, nice shoes, Versace wife beater lol.... Can't stand em. And it seems like every time Is crowded it like happy hour .....chat chat chat....chat in the locker room or at the bar mother ****ers

Thanks

i work out at a snap fitness and get looks all the time when i drop heavy waits. it's always some old ****er or some prissy bitch wearing two tons of make up while working out on the cardio machine. I try not to drop the waits but when you have 100lb dumbells shoulder pressing above your head without a spotter it's a little hard to set them down quietly. I've slammed them a little loud a few times and had people give me an ugly glair......i just stair those ****ers down. **** THEM!
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

Thanks

Okay, I am going to confess something here. In my power lifting days I liked to bounce the ****ers off the floor and guess what? I still do lol. The owner of my gym is my fraternity brother and I'm not going anywhere so **** them.

That being said.... when I am doing shrugs with 315 I drop that shit. When I am doing dead lifts, I drop that shit, and when I am using heavy dumbbells, I drop that shit too.... I love the sound it makes and the heavier it is the better it sounds lol.

Oh, I grunt too.

Respect,
    Vette

Oh, and SFG, its the old don't shoot the messenger thing.... we have all shot a few of them. You apologizing was classy and I am sure the guy has even shot a few messengers himself.

Don't beat yourself up over it brother.

Respect,
    Vette
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

Thanks

There's an oppritunity here. We need a corporation to roll out a nation wide chain of old school gyms to offer a option to the ****ing "LA Fittness" business model. I get sick of looking at these blue hairs and 400 pounders.

I miss the days of being able to workout with my shirt off with Metallica or Pantera....**** even NWA blaring in the background.
    At the faggot paradise (hope I didn't offend any homosexual brothers or sisters with that) I workout at they have a rule about slamming weights, excessive grunting and they play ****ing pop music.

I have a home gym and I keep threading to drop my membership. I like having access to some o the machines.....****ing sucks.

Thanks

What a coincidence... I was working at a gym and some old ****ing asshole was banging 225 like it was 500lbs and making all kinds of noise, several of the new members complained they couldn't have a conversation in the the gym because of all the racket... so I kindly asked him to quite down a little bit and he told me to tell them to **** off... WHAT A DICK!!!

Seriously though... I know the feeling... I dont slam the weights... very often... but I do grunt loudly and get complaints... and I am like... See what kind of noises you make when pushing that kind of weight... never mind... you CANT push that kind of weight...

and SFG... if VAR does you like that.. you better stay away from tren...

I had a tren episode once... was going for a PR on flat bench... got myself so hyped up... I finished the rep... jumped up and literally kicked the preacher curl station over and gave the ol' Rick Flare WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Surprising, no one said anything to me...

Thanks

i miss the old gym too, brotherhood of steel. only time we complained was when a guy ripped ass, then we just called him a bastard

Thanks

Weights are meant to be dropped/slammed/etc.. It's called weight lifting for a ****ing reason, if you take away the above we might as well be taking yoga. I go to a small gym, where the dudes are mostly PL's and its a hole in the wall but it has everything you need to get the job done. No faggot personal trainers, no whiney little bitches (both males and females) and no old ass people with a foot in the grave, no offense.

Fallen Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 3,233 Posts

lol, I go to a 24hr and am actually surprised no one really cares about grunts or dropping of weights which is nice but there is an older guy (so sweet) but when one of the guys he is training with is lifting he will yell out "come on" and it always scares the shit out of me...it's almost like tourettes
    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=&amp][B]Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!![/B][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,268 Posts

i got the boot from a gym 2 yrs ago cuz i went up to the guy who was bitching to the staff about me dropping down 100lb dumbells. Went right up to him and yelled "sorry" in his face and walked off.

was banned 10 min later........lol

Thanks

in the old days i powerlifted for years so not only were there heavy deadlifts but they got to watch us spend 30 minutes trying to get into a squat suit or bench shirt along with the joy of a gym that smelled like ammonia capsules , if you think dropping a deadlift from the waist or knees is bad try dropping 7 or 8 bills from your back when you have to dump a failed squat lol. one time our gym closed and our only other local option was a gym that was just converted from a small ymca complete with more blue hair ladys than you can shake a stick at , i guess it was pure luck but the 1st day there a couple of us held the door for some of them when we went in and also stopped to help when they couldnt adjust the equipment a time or 2 . after throwing in a few good morning mam and hellos we could do anything we wanted and all they did was wave and giggle when we came in , hell some of them even brought us homemade cookies lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,991 Times in 2,995 Posts

I joined a "hardcore" weight room years ago it was suppose to have alot of power lifters and serious dudes there. Wrong, I sayed until I got into it with one of the "hardcore" guys. I beat his ass so bad the lady driving the abulance chewed me out. I built my own shit and lift by myself and I love it.

Too easy to spot a poser and not call him on it.

Thanks

Youre not the ass...they are. Had a similar experience at a PF I was forced to go to when I was away from home for two weeks. Yes i lift heavy, drop weights in a controlled manner and do grunt from time to time, but I am always mindful of others. But theres no way around it if you are really there to workout. Still got stares and then words from a couple of the "trainers" there and their geriatric clients..... One guy even started crying to me about chipped plates..lol. after listening to his complaints i laughed and told him politely if he ever disturbed me again in the gym i would beat his ass all over the parking lot. never again..

Thanks

that guy should have straightened the others out. don't like go to planet ****off or what ever that poser gym is

Thanks

when i belonged to world gym, that relationship didn't end well, i would do rack pulls and the extra plates on the holders would often fall off, i was told it was not a gym, but a health and wellness center..**** that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast