1 year, 3 cycles, repeat.

SAD

Reaction score
I've been meaning for a while to get this all written down, so here it is. This is my plan for those of you who are starting out, or even if you've got a few cycles under your belt but aren't happy with your progress thus far. It is designed to take one year at a time, squeeze three cycles in with appropriate recovery time, and maximize gains and retention of said gains.

This is designed for those of you who still cycle and are interested in recovering fully in between cycles.

Theory: Back when I cycled, I found that the longer it took me to recover, the more gains I lost (obvious, right?). So I became very interested in shorter cycles and utilizing them to achieve fast and quality gains, without shutting down too deep where recovery was a problem. During this time, I also honed my frontloading skills so that even with semi-long esters, I was still making use of the first couple weeks of the cycle. Keep in mind that, while I feel the time off between cycles is ample enough to recover fully, BLOODWORK is always going to be your only proven way to know for sure. Also, VERY IMPORTANT!, build your cycles backwards in terms of what you buy. I.e. - buy your PCT items first, HCG and on-cycle ancillaries second, gear third, and lastly your pins.

January 1st - Cycle #1 - 10 weeks

Week 1: 1200mgs/Test E first day (split up the sites), 300mgs second shot.
Weeks 2-9: 300mgs/Test E 2x/weekly. (600mgs/wk total)
Weeks 1-4: Dbol 30-40mgs/day

Weeks 2-10: HCG 250iu/twice weekly
Weeks 3-10: Aromasin 12.5mg/EOD adjust if needed
Weeks 11-14: Aromasin 12.5mg/ED with Toremifene 60mgs/day (frontload day 1 with 180mgs).

6 Weeks Off (should be completely recovered, but prove it with bloodwork)

May 27th - Cycle #2 - 9 weeks

Weeks 1-8: 250mgs/Test PP E3D (frontload day 1 with 750mgs/Test PP)
Weeks 1-3: 20mgs/Dbol ED with 50mgs/Drol ED
Weeks 7-9: 20mgs/Dbol ED with 50mgs/Winny ED

Weeks 2-9: HCG 250iu/twice weekly
Weeks 3-9: Aromasin 12.5mg/EOD adjust if needed
Weeks 10-12: Aromasin 12.5mg/ED with Toremifene 60mgs/day (frontload day 1 with 180mgs).

5 Weeks Off (should be completely recovered, but prove it with bloodwork)

September 23rd - Cycle #3 - 8 weeks

Weeks 1-8: 200mgs/Test P EOD (frontload day 1 with 600mgs/Test P)
Weeks 1-8: 100mgs/Mast P EOD (frontload day 1 with 300mgs/Mast P)
Weeks 1-8: 100mgs/Anavar ED
Weeks 1-8: 100mgs/Proviron ED

Weeks 3-8: HCG 250iu/twice weekly
Weeks 3-8: Aromasin 12.5mg/E3D adjust if needed
Weeks 9-11: Aromasin 12.5mg/ED with Toremifene 60mgs/day (frontload day 1 with 180mgs).

4 Weeks Off (should have you completely recovered by end of first week of new year

There it is guys. Obviously your results will be directly related to your diet and dedication to training, as much OFF cycle as on. While the first two cycles are set up for more mass gain and the last is set up to tighten up and solidify everything that was gained, tweaking the diet according to your goals will allow you to customize this plan for your goals.

I would like to thank GetSome for his part in birthing this brainchild, and a very special thanks to my wife for putting up with my OCD tendency to research the FUCK outta every aspect of this lifelong game we all love.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nice work boss. i may try myself if i go compound shopping.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this front loading .. So your basically taking your desired weekly MG total and doubling it in one shot ?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this front loading .. So your basically taking your desired weekly MG total and doubling it in one shot ?

You take your weekly MG total in the first shot, then continue as normal. Say you take 500mg test per week pinning Monday and Thursday.

Monday - 500mg
Thursday - 250
Monday - 250
Thursday - 250 and so on....

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok my confusion is his cycle one. He's running 600 a week
He pinned 1200 day one and 300 for second pin that week

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man what a great post. I was going to say sticky material, but seems someone has beat me to the punch.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great post! Sticky ! Rep points !

SAD

Reaction score
Ok my confusion is his cycle one. He's running 600 a week
He pinned 1200 day one and 300 for second pin that week

The precise science of frontloading using the, "total weeks mgs in first shot" or "three maintenance pins worth in one shot" whichever is lowest, works on paper almost perfectly. However, my experience with frontloading short cycles, (and that's the key here, that these are relatively short cycles, so the quicker we get levels up the better), is that it requires roughly triple the maintenance dose with shortish/short esters, and double the weekly dose for longer/long esters. There may be a bit of a peak and then lowering to stabilize, but I've found that I respond better earlier using the outlined frontloads. The frontloads are important for making the most of cycles 10 weeks or less, but that's not to say that you can't adjust the frontload amount based on how YOU feel. Biochemical individuality my friend, biochemical individuality.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sad great fucking post bro. I def have a man crush on you. Guess what? I got on leopard skin bikini briefs on. Lol.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot sad... I wanted to know more about this... Will do my next cycle front loaded

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Excellent post, props on the 'sticky'! This kind of strategic planning is often lacking and results in Bros ambling from one cycle to the next.

Great add, SAD!

SAD

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. There is absolutely more strategy involved with cycling than with blasting-and-cruising. Not that I'm not trying to perfect blasting-and-cruising too, but there is just less strategy involved, period. My hopes for this are not hung on anybody having to try the entire yearlong plan, compound for compound, dose for dose. I would rather just see everybody take away a little something that can help them plan their next cycle more effectively and with a purpose that delves deeper than "I wanna get bigger and more cut".

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So you don't follow the general rule of "time on + PCT=time off" for full recovery? I've heard this preached by many in the past... I mean I understand, after a successful PCT you should hopefully be back up to normal hormone production by week 5 or 6 at the latest, but just in terms of giving your body some time to regain homeostasis and run the way it's supposed to for a while. I've heard many bros in the past preach that this will give you the best chance of being able to run cycles without permanently affecting your HPTA....

Just curious what your thoughts are on this. Good post though man, glad you have you on board here, you obviously know a lot about AAS and training.

SAD

Reaction score
So you don't follow the general rule of "time on + PCT=time off" for full recovery? I've heard this preached by many in the past... I mean I understand, after a successful PCT you should hopefully be back up to normal hormone production by week 5 or 6 at the latest, but just in terms of giving your body some time to regain homeostasis and run the way it's supposed to for a while. I've heard many bros in the past preach that this will give you the best chance of being able to run cycles without permanently affecting your HPTA....

Just curious what your thoughts are on this. Good post though man, glad you have you on board here, you obviously know a lot about AAS and training.

Good feedback Curiosity. When I ran longer cycles, i.e. 12+ weeks, I would follow time on+pct=time off. I never did bloodwork, but it was such a long time that I always felt confident that I was fully recovered and ready to go again. But the issue I kept running into was what I would lose during PCT and the few short weeks after PCT when the body is still not at 100%. I boiled it down to slow recovery=fewer retained gains. When I started running shorter cycles, I also started to keep up with bloodwork, and I found that bloodwork came back normal within 2-3 weeks of the end of PCT. I attributed this to a variety of things: less time on equals less shutdown, HCG throughout cycle, aromasin stacked with torem for PCT (as opposed to nolva/clomid).

After a handful of short cycles and bloodwork to prove it, I concluded that the age old wisdom of "time on+pct=time off" was a good rule for those who were running cycles like back in the day, cycles that were routinely longer than 12 weeks, included deca, did not include HCG, and either just a "taper off PCT" or nolva alone. We now have a much better understanding of how to keep the HPTA mostly on track during a cycle, and our PCTs are more dialed in and include more advanced and effective compounds. These facts, combined with the shorter length of the cycles, and the exclusion of deca or tren, allows me to confidently say that MOST people would be able to run this program and recover fully in between each cycle. As I said in the OP however, bloodwork is the only way to know for sure, and I highly recommend having bloodwork done before starting any cycle.

To address your last point. I personally believe it is almost impossible to cycle (even properly) for years without permanently affecting your HPTA. Some may have gotten away with it, but most who stay in this game we love will end up on TRT sooner than they otherwise would have.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reading post sad:p quick ? Even if a person recovers everytime when running a cycle he will be on trt one day?

SAD

Reaction score
Assuming you want to have normal testosterone levels in your 50s and 60s and 70s+, you will need TRT to do this EVEN IF YOU'VE NEVER USED AAS. But it is my personal opinion that cycling, even if done properly every time, will move up the date when you'll need TRT just for normal levels.

New Threads