Trial and Error, Results, Etc

ripped_one

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So the last 12 weeks or so, I've been on a cycle using Test, Deca, and H-Drol. Yea, I know 'wtf why h-drol, why not use real gear', but it is what it is.

It started out like this:

Week 1-4: HDrol
Week 1-11: Test E & Deca

I gained a lot of weight the first 4 weeks (+15), then the next 2-3 weeks gains (size and strength) were slow to non-existent, and I started getting some gyno symptoms. I added in letro, and I bumped up the doses a bit around week 6, and while gains did start up again (only slight though), I started getting a nice case of acne on my back and shoulders. Fuck. Not good. At least my gyno stopped and no longer have a hard bump though. Frustrated, I dropped my doses back down (~400mg/week total), I switched up my training and tweaked my diet a bit towards the end of week 8, and presto... gains again! Basically weeks 8 1/2 - 11 at a low dose, I was adding mass and strength.

Final results for 11 weeks: +21 pounds

So after some thinking about what my next step would be, I decided on this:

Week 12-15: Hdrol
Week 12-XX: Test E @ 350mg

I'm about 4 days into week 12, and I'm +3 pounds, a total of +24 pounds. The HDrol is working as quickly as the first go round, so I have high hopes for ending up at +35 pounds from where I started at the end of week 15.

I've decided that where I go next cannot be 'pre planned'. Do I up my test dose? Do I PCT? Do I cruise? Right now I don't know, but I do know I'm enjoying where I am. My acne is starting to clear up a bit, zero gyno symptoms, gains are coming along well, bloodwork mid cycle was fine, libido is great, sleep is good, and overall couldn't be much better.

Let the games continue!

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say def run test longer than deca..makes life easier brah.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would finish this cycle and run a PCT, throw away the hdrol, and never run a pro hormone again.

"It is what it is" but you are still young and doing damage to your body is not why you are in this.

If you want to run an oral with test and deca consider a kickstart of dbol. You can even finish the cycle with some Anavar.

I wish you all the best,
Vette

ripped_one

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm stuck with test and deca for now because my guy only has those two. crazy I know... I've been asking him to get some more stuff in but he's been dragging his feet.

I do agree with you though... would rather toss the phs and go with tried and true... hopefully by January I can get everything and I'll finally be able to make some decent runs.

thanks for the words vette. much appreciated.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with 63vette
Run the test a couple of more weeks then Start PCT. I know you wanna keep riding the bus. Everyone does. End the cycle and recover. This is the smart thing to do.
This is a long game that measured in years.

Take the next several weeks to build a plan with the information (gear, sides, diet etc.) from your first run. Prepare a stratigy to maximize your next cycle.

Good luck

ripped_one

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I definitely want to keep riding the bus. Outside looking in I would definitely tell me to go ahead and take some time off, but actually taking my own advice is the part I'm struggling with.

I guess when fellow juice heads say you need time off you probably do. maybe I should re title this 'rippeds intervention' heheh.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yea one i would take the above advice that was given plus no pro hormone when u have access to the good stuff but over all take ur time off, unless u trying to be on trt early:p

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey ripped, how old are you and what is your cycle experience?

I believe its always a better idea to have your cycle planned out in advance. By that you have your research completed, cycle scheduled, and gear in hand including pct.

I don't believe going by how you feel at the time is any way to know whether or not to continue your cycle. We all want to gain more muscle. But, also doing it in a way that is least risky to your health is also critical.

Since you have already gotten very good results listen to your SI brothers. They are giving you solid advice about ending soon.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hdrol? C'mon son! Knock that shit off! Get yourself some dbol or some drol... Hell thats probably what was wrong with you!

ripped_one

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
30 yrs old. most of my experience is with phs, tho I also used a lot of test at low dose for endurance / recovery purposes. longest time on was 9 months at 125-150mg/ week. I've used var and winstrol too...

pob, I have a feeling next run will be much better... I'll be sure and get input from you guys before doing anything.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
After a 9month test run what was your test levels after recovery ?

ripped_one

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was thinking it was 900's but it was actually only 859. I found my old paperwork the other day. it was about 3 days after I stopped pct so I'm sure it went down a bit from that peak. but regardless it shows my nuts still work well.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
if you have hcg you can stay on still. or get some ASAP. being 30yrs old i dont like seeing you cruise on a low dose. return to natty, take the time you need off and hop back on.

During that time, get the proper compounds for the next run. Post it here, discuss it, tweak it, than unleash the beast....IMHO

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
I would not of used H-DROL. Test and deca is fine. If you feel comfortable up your testosterone dosage. It might be a good idea to see how well you handle pct. Remember gradually lower your dose as well as training. Make it work with each other. Adjust your diet, and remember you are coming off of steroids but its not the end of your fitness lifestyle. Me personally I just stay on. I don't see a reason to come off.

SAD

Reaction score
I would not of used H-DROL. Test and deca is fine. If you feel comfortable up your testosterone dosage. It might be a good idea to see how well you handle pct. Remember gradually lower your dose as well as training. Make it work with each other. Adjust your diet, and remember you are coming off of steroids but its not the end of your fitness lifestyle. Me personally I just stay on. I don't see a reason to come off.

DO NOT taper your dose. That is oldschool and has been debunked.

Mentally prepare yourself for a change in hormone levels, strength, sense of well being, libido, etc. It's not terrible unless you think it's not going to be terrible, then it can be terrible. Make sense? What I'm saying is, if you are prepared for the changes and accept that they are going to happen, you will adjust and they will seem very inconsequential.

During PCT, I would always remind myself every morning when I woke up that I needed to eat big, train smart, and be happy with where I was at physically. After PCT I would clean my diet up and curtail the calories a bit, but during PCT I always ate big to retain as much mass as possible.

As everyone has said, you are a cut and dry case of needing to come off and recover your natural production. As strange as it sounds, you may even begin to look forward to it because while it's the last step of one cycle, it is the first step to having an even better next cycle.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
do not taper your dose. That is oldschool and has been debunked.

Mentally prepare yourself for a change in hormone levels, strength, sense of well being, libido, etc. It's not terrible unless you think it's not going to be terrible, then it can be terrible. Make sense? What i'm saying is, if you are prepared for the changes and accept that they are going to happen, you will adjust and they will seem very inconsequential.

During pct, i would always remind myself every morning when i woke up that i needed to eat big, train smart, and be happy with where i was at physically. After pct i would clean my diet up and curtail the calories a bit, but during pct i always ate big to retain as much mass as possible.

As everyone has said, you are a cut and dry case of needing to come off and recover your natural production. As strange as it sounds, you may even begin to look forward to it because while it's the last step of one cycle, it is the first step to having an even better next cycle.

yeah taper your dosage. If your one 1 gram of testosterone and taper it over a 4 week period it lowers the mental and physical effects closer to those during the pct phase. It is much easier to adjust mentally and physically to if you do it this way.

SAD

Reaction score
yeah taper your dosage. If your one 1 gram of testosterone and taper it over a 4 week period it lowers the mental and physical effects closer to those during the pct phase. It is much easier to adjust mentally and physically to if you do it this way.

If I take the time to explain to you why tapering is stupid, would you listen? Or would it be a waste of my time? I don't mind you or your creepy weirdness, but I won't sit idly by whilst you spread incorrect information to guys trying to learn the ropes.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
If I take the time to explain to you why tapering is stupid, would you listen? Or would it be a waste of my time? I don't mind you or your creepy weirdness, but I won't sit idly by whilst you spread incorrect information to guys trying to learn the ropes.

Why would you not taper?

SAD

Reaction score
Why would you not taper?

Firstly, you don't taper because you are doing one of two things by tapering. You are either extending your cycle beyond what it should have been, thus shutting yourself down further. Or you are weakening the end of your cycle by not staying at peak levels to the end, if you stick to the original desired length. So one way, you make it harder to recover, and the other way you lose potential gains.

You're familiar with half-lives, right TTE? So if my levels are at roughly 2500ng/dl, and the half life of the compound is 6 days, isn't it tapering itself? Why would I prolong this taper even further? We've already deduced that tapering is a hindrance, so why double it?

The point is, peak maintenance levels for the duration of the cycle (achieved by frontloading and NOT tapering), and starting PCT sooner rather than later, are keys to gaining as much as possible and retaining as much as possible.

Rebuttal?

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like hdrol, although its just a pro hormone of tbol, which I've wanted to try