Ventrogluteal Injection for DUMMIES!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is how I find the VG. I shift my weight onto the leg on the side I want to pin. You kind of push your weight a bit to that side & squeeze the butt cheek. That causes the VG to pop out.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know these are just diagram after diagram, but never mind all the crazy names nonsense that each specific part has.....that's where it gets intimidating!!!

View attachment 376 Look at the landmarks: top of hip....front of hip.....leg joint

View attachment 377 I did it after I saw this picture, basically the only muscle in between the top of your hip bone and leg joint

If pinning left vent, I lean opposite (R)hip/cheek against sink, practically sitting on it, cross left leg over in front of me and put no weight on left leg so muscle is relaxed.

Below hip, but above leg joint......the only muscle there (mine slightly bulges out when I do this) is what I pin. Very easy once you do it, minimal pip if any......ZERO PAIN for me before, during, and after!!! I've injected up to 2cc!

Hope this pushes you into that comfort zone! :D

BTW....my first time did not go too smooth, not bad by any means.....but has been a breeze since.

(For entertainment purposes only)

So in the oblique area?? slightly farther back and down..???

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So in the oblique area?? slightly farther back and down..???
Ya you could say that....it's directly on your side below top of hip

Like Dfeaton said, if you flex glutes while leaning weight on one leg, the VG bulges out, just below top of hip on your side

I believe SAD is going to be posting a video of the process tonight

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First time (last time) pinning my VG I was so creeped out that it made me nauseated. My whole damn hip was sore as hell for a couple days too. Never again!

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Its funny how peoples opinions differ about pin sites. Personally VG is my fav with glutes and delts. Use a 23 x 11/2 or 25 x 1.

SAD

Reaction score
Video coming tonight! I swear to God!

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First time (last time) pinning my VG I was so creeped out that it made me nauseated. My whole damn hip was sore as hell for a couple days too. Never again!

LOL... the first was the worst, from then on... it's butter...I promise!!!

Here's a pic

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Video coming tonight! I swear to God!

Good shit bro.....I could have saved myself an hour and a headache trying to download photobucket and that pic....

Make sure you have your halloween mask on just in case the wife forgets the anonymity

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BTW..... I usually pin a little further back than the X in my pic

EDIT: posted before updated pic...now right at X

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nah man.....below your oblique....i'm not real defined in that area....I know

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nah man.....below your oblique....i'm not real defined in that area....I know

at the moment, im really soggy there...lol

need to tighten up on the bad cals....

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Very nice job on the pic.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice! Going to bite the bullet and pin my test tomorrow VG! Thanks for the photos fellas!

Im sure I will get some pip, never pinned here. But I have the whole weekend to recover.

SAD

Reaction score
LOL... the first was the worst, from then on... it's butter...I promise!!!

Here's a pic

Great pic and diagram, however, it looks like your "X" for where to pin is a little far forward. I generally pin right about where the blue vertical line crosses the VG, if not a little bit right of that even. To each his own, unless you just mis-marked the "X". I'm thinking you probably pin further to the right of the "X", but I've been wrong many times.

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just injected a little over a cc of test into the VG site and let me just say this is my new favorite location. I usually rotate delts and experience some PIP. But with this site for some reason there was NONE afterwards! Thanks Popeye for the information. I should have known myself to try this site b/c of the field I work in.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great pic and diagram, however, it looks like your "X" for where to pin is a little far forward. I generally pin right about where the blue vertical line crosses the VG, if not a little bit right of that even. To each his own, unless you just mis-marked the "X". I'm thinking you probably pin further to the right of the "X", but I've been wrong many times.

Nope your correct SAD. OP had mentioned that earlier in his post.

SAD

Reaction score
I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll pin and post up.

New Threads