Ventrogluteal Injection for DUMMIES!

Reaction score
Another thing that works great to find it is lay down on your side and slowly lift your knee in front of you towards your chest. Go slow, I can see mine very well when I do this.

When it pops out, you can mark it with whatever....and inject basically right in the center of the VG or the "meatiest" part of the VG.

This comment made the VG super easy to find. Just tried it for the first time (b/c the rear glutes hurt like hell 48hours after my first try there). No pain during injection, hopefully no PIP tomorrow.

Reaction score
Damn! This muscle did the same thing the rear glutes did. Hurt like hell by morning, walking is tricky. It's my virgin hits in each spot...hoping this gets better!:32 (6):

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Damn! This muscle did the same thing the rear glutes did. Hurt like hell by morning, walking is tricky. It's my virgin hits in each spot...hoping this gets better!:32 (6):

Yes it gets better, and easier. As long as you're not pinning with a harpoon.

Reaction score
Do you guys ever get bad knots injecting into this site? For some reason glute or quad always gives me a little knot and sometimes it messes up my ability to squat or train legs 100%

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Do you guys ever get bad knots injecting into this site? For some reason glute or quad always gives me a little knot and sometimes it messes up my ability to squat or train legs 100%

I find the VG the easiest site on the lower body. I only get a small amount of soreness if I’m injecting a full 3cc.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
I practice doing each side. Figure can’t hurt to build up the muscle memory haha. Imaginary syringe right now.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
not sure if im hitting ventro or softer bit right behind it but these injections are a joke, like after a min i completely forget i even did it, only problem is i keep doing right side because right arm cant reach over to the left as good. i use both hands, one to keep needle steady other to inject perfect every time.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
not sure if im hitting ventro or softer bit right behind it but these injections are a joke, like after a min i completely forget i even did it, only problem is i keep doing right side because right arm cant reach over to the left as good. i use both hands, one to keep needle steady other to inject perfect every time.
You reach across??? I just use right arm for right glute, left for left. You must be Gumby.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
You can see exactly where the VG is and roughly what it would like if you pulled back your own skin by looking at pics of any Pro bodybuilder. I was never as lean as the Pro's, so I taught myself another way.

Put your hands over the areas where you're pretty sure your VGs are and sway back+forth, left to right, sorta hula dance style, and you'll feel your VGs contract and relax just like you can will your biceps to contract and relax. Looks silly AF in the mirror, but it works.

Discussion like this on boards like this often leads to someone posting a diagram from a medical book to teach VG injections, but they always seemed useless to me. They show a hand on the hip with fingers spread into a "V" ... but the hand belongs to a doctor or nurse giving you the shot. If you are self-injecting your hand is gonna be an upside down version of another person's hand in the diagrams, try the silly-AF technique instead.

Do NOT post pics of yourself doing this .....

Last edited:

supreme666leader

Reaction score
You reach across??? I just use right arm for right glute, left for left. You must be Gumby.
Thought about it but figured both hands would help keep control and prevent shakiness... Had some.bad pip a weeks ago maybe bad vial or my hands shaking dont want to go thru that again.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thought about it but figured both hands would help keep control and prevent shakiness... Had some.bad pip a weeks ago maybe bad vial or my hands shaking dont want to go thru that again.
To help stop the shaking, I kinda lean my pinning arm against my bed as I'm injecting. It takes the place of the off hand, provides support.

Reaction score
Wow Popeye thanks for this. I’ve been on TRT for almost 10 years and have never done a shot there. Honestly didn’t know it was an option. I had been having my ex wife do it in my glute, then my sister…until a few months ago when i but the bullet and just started doing them myself. Great info and the pics helped a ton cuz my ventroglute is such hard muscle when tensed i wouldn’t have found it without your additional pics! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Lol, not sure what brought me back to this thread, but I am sure Ansaguy's post thanking Popeye ... I usually don't go back to Posts #1 AND #2 in old threads ... was the reason I went all the way back. Popeye's VG pix from long ago are THE best tutorial I've ever seen on the boards.

The pic with the screenshot circled in red is as good as it gets ... and way better than medical book drawings.

Reaction score
You either have wicked long arms or used to be a contortionist because I can't even dream about being able to pin my left VG with my right hand. It's actually laughable, lol.

I use a 25g 1" and just slam it home. For all of you who are worried about breaking off a needle in your muscle, and therefore leave a 1/4" out each time so you could possibly grab it with needle-nose pliers if need be, grab a spare syringe/needle and try to break off the needle. Seriously, give it a go. I guarantee that you won't be scared anymore of breaking off a needle in your muscle.

I'm pinning my right VG tomorrow and will have my wife video it. Should have it up by tomorrow night.
The thought of one breaking has NEVER, crossed my mind .

Jonjon

Reaction score
Great post.
I pinned there once with a 1/2”insulin. Went fine.

What’s the ideal needle length for this spot for the average guy?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Great post.
I pinned there once with a 1/2”insulin. Went fine.

What’s the ideal needle length for this spot for the average guy?
I use 1.5" and I would say I'm smaller than the majority of people here.

New Threads